Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 05-07-2020, 09:01 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

So…

IG posts…

What’s been happening?

Well, not a lot really…

Yeah, I know, the “guys” really do live in the Corsican “district” of “Paradise”…

Hmm…

Here, I see “history”, and a “story”, not just some “old buildings”. Who knows, maybe one day…

Y’know, it would be wonderful to know what she was thinking when she posted these pics. Something definitely worthy of a “chat”, over a Coffee, or a walk with the dog…

<We all get to dream >

Now, if I’d have looked at this pic, say, 25 years ago, the first thought in my mind would have been something like “cool, that’s definitely a “fixer upper”, and back then, it very well may have been…

Today, I look at it, and think, “that’s pretty, “good luck” to anyone who tries to fix that”…

Way to old for that kind of “nonsense”, nowadays…

Time for some tiny “Maggy shaped” cuteness…

Mini Love”.

Greg and Maggy, such a sweet pic…

“Double Teddy”…

Just makes me smile…

“Goûter”, as in, “to taste”…

Looks like Alizée has been cooking, again. Don’t know what it is, but would be saying, “yes please”, and “thank you very much”, anyhow, ‘cos it does look really nice, whatever it is…

Now, speaking of, “looks really nice”, Johann has been posting some shots of some really tasty looking produce that has come from one of their local “organic” markets, I think…

Need to see if I can “source” this from Amazon or somewhere, for it does look, and sound, good…

Now, this next post was… interesting…

Chanson préférée ever” translates as “Favourite song ever”…

This nearly “blew my mind”, for it was almost forcing to make me pick a “favourite” track, from amongst many “favourite” tracks…

But, it came down to “A Contre-Courant”, in the end, for a lot of reasons…

Now, what you can’t see from the “screenie”, is that the poster had a graphic on it that had effectively asked “What song are you”…

Again, after a lot of thought, it was again, “A Contre-Courant”, for a lot of reasons…

I do tend to “navigate by my own compass”, so to speak, and often this does go directly against the, “flow”, of “society”, and “convention”. The words “independent”, “individual”, and “unconventional”, probably describe me perfectly…

However, I was “skypeing” a very good friend of mine, we usually chat about once a month or so, she is also a very ardent Alizée fan, and we were discussing this post, amongst other things, and her assertion was this…

What song was I?

Unquestionably “Gourmandises”, and after she “kinda, sorta” explained her rationale, I could sort of see her point, but she is unquestionably “utterly biased”…

Oh dear, I can feel a little “digression”, coming on…

We met “waay back”, she was the “aide” to a rather “high ranking” French military official, that I was attached to, as a “liason officer”, back when the “Brits” and the “Froggies”, were getting their “military cooperation” act, together, so to speak…

“Long story, short”, we ended up “dating”, for a couple of really wonderful months…

“Gallic fire”, met “Northern ice”, and the “result”, well things got “steamy”. VERY VERY “steamy”…

Now, the whole “thing” really should not have “worked”, for we were “polar opposites”, “personality wise”...

She, was “feisty”, “intolerant”, “quick to anger”, “very self opinionated”, “very self absorbed”, “very dominant”, and just, “intolerably” beautiful, in a very “French way”...

Myself, well, I was generally “impassive”, “stoic”, “laconic”, and tended to just generally “radiate” an air of “quiet” “confidence” and “competence”. No “fuss”, no “muss”, no “drama”, and, emm, “cute”, was not an adjective that you could use to describe me, even on the “best of days”…

But “work”, it did, and, “then some”…

Hmm, I think I may have been a “challenge”, to her, or something…

However, “Karma”, is a “bitch”, “duty” a hard “taskmaster”, and our respective “careers”, took us off in totally divergent directions, and thus any relationship beyond that, was firmly “nipped in the bud”, so to speak, which was a shame. It would have been… interesting, to see how things would have worked out, “long term”...

Anyhow…

“Gourmandises”…

By her estimation, I was “archetypical” of the “Wolf”, mentioned in this song, and she explained it, thus…

By her own personal estimation, regarding “French society”, and the “Family”, “Husbands”, or “Partners”, are regarded as being one, of three things…

There is “Papa”, the unquestioned “patriach”, of the household, whose “word” is law, and whose bidding is followed/executed unquestionably; there is the “husband”, who is “barely tolerated”, and is held in a mild state of almost “benign contempt”, and then there are “Minions”, who are viewed with utter total contempt, and are just barely tolerated…

Yeah, kind of like “Bob” here…

“Proportions” are around 10/50/40, “percentage” wise…

Then, there is the “Wolf”, a sort of legendary male, masculine, figure. Think of classic actors/figures such as, Alain Delon, Gérard Depardieu, more recently, Jean Dujardin and such. Sort of “risky”, “bad boys”, and not necessarily “cute”, either…

I was a “strange”, “very self contained”, “very controlled”, but really quite “feral”, Scottish Wolf…

<Don’t know if I should feel pleased, or sort of feel vaguely insulted >

And my “goodies”, they were always, the “best”…

<Obviously talking about my “cooking skills”, or “something”, maybe >

Should’ve married that one, methinks…

But it just wasn’t “on the cards”…

Y’all please be safe, take care, and please, keep wearing your masks, if you are going out, and about...

Last edited by RedRafe; 05-07-2020 at 10:36 PM..
Old 05-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Neutral Good

IG posts?

A few, maybe…

Well it looks like the guys in Corsica are finally getting to leave “lockdown”…

Though for some, it may have been just a wee bit too long…

A really good “butcher”, from what I’ve been told, and their "social media" posts support this…

If they can make good “Cumberland sausage”, I’m packing meh bags. Can’t get decent sausages around here, at all…

“Braiinzzzz”, no, waiittt, “Berriezzz”…

Such a sweet, funny shot of the “little one”…

Love it…

Also gives you an insight into Alizée’s sense of humor, which I also appreciate. A sweet, funny little lady, when she wants to be. Another “facet” of her that I “respect”, and “admire”…

Never was a fan of the “Walking Dead” phenomenon, though. Never made “sense” to me, not realistic enough, and had waaay to many “plot holes” in it…

La surprise quand tu ouvre la boîte à pizza” roughly translates as “The surprise when you open the pizza box”.

That’s, a very “nice”, way to put it. My initial reaction to this pic was, emm, “unprintable”…

I would probably have “screamed like a 2 year old”, and “stomped” on the box until I felt “whatever it was” was suitably “dead”…

I’ve seen all these “scifi” movies, these kind of “things” generally try to “clamp” themselves onto your face, and do “untold”, “untoward”, nasty stuff to you…

Joking aside, I have it on very good authority, from some of my “expat” colleagues out there, that Centro Citta’s pizzas, as well as all of their other dishes, are just superb, and very worth trying if you are ever in that neighborhood…

Simple things”.

Another fine set of pics from Johann…

That, is my idea of absolute “Heaven”. A stunning location, and a simple home…

<Sigh>

I’ve “done” all of the “big houses with lots of land ”, “thing”, and to be honest, to me, it was just “tiresome”. They required waaay too much maintenance, and financial expenditure, in a life that was already “overtaxed”, with regard to “time”. Never had the time to enjoy any of it…

My ideal situation would be something like the pics above, or a something like a little cottage somewhere on the West coast of Scotland…

<I get to dream>

Another cool pic from Johann…

Speaking of heaven…

This was a short “story” post from Alizée, in which all you could hear, was “birdsong”. As “perfect moments” go, that one would have been up there, with the “most perfect ever”…

Thanks, Alizée, appreciated, as always…

"Happy 12 ma filleule belle" roughly translates as "Happy 12 my beautiful goddaughter".

Just can’t help but smile at this one…

Simply, beautiful…

Y’all be safe, take care, and if you are “out and about”, masks, please. Don’t make me worry about y’all, just, be safe…
Old 05-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Neutral Good

Old 05-15-2020, 07:14 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post

imagine how hot he must get in the summer 😩
Old 05-15-2020, 08:39 PM
Neutral Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
imagine how hot he must get in the summer 😩
Yeah, I know...

Think they have a couple of "box fans" for the big guy, for I'm pretty sure I can remember a pic of him "camped out" in front of one, and, they do work quite well...

I use a couple of the 48" ones to keep my guys cool in the summer, and apart from the fact that they pretty much sound like an Airliner passing very low overhead, they do a really good job, even in 90+ degree weather...

I think he will be fine...
Old 05-17-2020, 09:43 PM
Neutral Good

IG posts…

Very few, but I have the impression that the guys may be very busy right now…

Mhmmmm… Beautiful shot, as always, I can see why you like it…

‘k, i’m not sure, but, these look like “double” Peonies to me, varieties are probably “Sarah Bernhardt”, or, “Petite Elegance”, maybe, but, I’m not a Peony expert, sooo…

Pale pink, with darker edges in anything from Red to dark Purple, “feathering” into a beautiful “centerpiece”…

Beautiful, and delicate, as are most of the “best” things in life…

Absolute pain to keep alive on Oklahoma, though, for they can be very prone to molds and fungi here...

Last edited by RedRafe; 05-17-2020 at 11:54 PM..
Old 05-18-2020, 11:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
IG posts…

Very few, but I have the impression that the guys may be very busy right now…
I hope so in a good way. A lot of people are "quarantine fatigued" and there is not much to say because nothing is going on except eating bad and watching Netflix. But maybe I am just speaking for myself.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:32 PM
Neutral Good

IG posts?

A few…

Morning "beautiful", and "tiny little beautiful"…

Can’t help but smile at that one, she is so cute…

La vie est comme un arc-en-ciel : il faut de la pluie et du soleil pour en voir les couleurs” roughly translates as “"Life is like a rainbow: it takes rain and sun to see its colors".

Very true…

Hmm, you could also apply this one to “people”, the ones that stick with you through the “rain”, and the “storm”, are “friends”, indeed…

Hmm, a little spot of “zen-ness” seemed to have slipped out there, all unwarranted like. Apologies. Don’t know where that one came from, but it seems relevant, for some reason...

Jeez, Alizée must have “upped” her security measures, for I’m sure that’s a “Ninja” standing by Annily, at the poolside…

Nope, wait, it’s just Greg, with Maggy in a “harness”…

Hmm, I’m looking at some of the “elements” of these two shots, and they are telling me that the guys are going to be just fine. It would take quite a large, and rather “new-agey” digression to explain, so I won’t bother. Don’t want to get “lynched”, or something…

There are quite few more, but the ‘net and Google are being a pain tonight, and don’t want to cooperate…

Oh well, later maybe…

Y’all please be safe, ‘k…
Old 05-21-2020, 01:14 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I just saw a picture of Maggy laying on a rug A-Z around the border.

Based on the furnishings (Toys and lighting) and the pool out the window it brought up a question, did Alizee and Greg move again?

The picture is labeled as "A Gameroom with a View".

Old 05-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I just saw a picture of Maggy laying on a rug A-Z around the border.

Based on the furnishings (Toys and lighting) and the pool out the window it brought up a question, did Alizee and Greg move again?
Yes, it appears that they have moved into a house with a pool.