Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-09-2020, 09:25 AM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Yeah it's sketchy, but unless someone here has the legal knowledge/qualification to crack down on it, or they're willing to pay for someone else to do so, there's not much we can do about it. The only way to fix the situation right now is to buy the photos and share them online so that the site owner can't put them behind a paywall as they'd all be available anyway, bit of a paradox.
Even if the site owner was found to be doing this illegally, they might just take down the site altogether and then we'd have no way of getting the photos at all, unless the owner had a change of heart or was forced to make the photos available but I doubt that.
Yep,t his is exactly why I did not at all poke the bear here. If I had implied he was doing something illegal or simply just asking too much money etc he might've gotten spooked/angry and just pulled them all down.

I do greatly appreciate Yugg for archiving all this stuff, and would've still gladly donated what I had already for, now decade at least, that he has hosted and rate the site(s). For a long time you couldn't buy stuff from him, and he just wanted really rare and HQ photos. I suppose at some point he got bored collecting and/or finally stopped getting worthy photos and figured he might as well make some m oney from all the effort he went to getting all these photos. That, or he has some contact in the press industry where he can get all these photos rather easy compared to what we'd have to go through.

Either way, just glad I got the photos I did from him as I do think he's one of the last places, if not the last, that they existed anywhere in the world (that you could hope to track down anyway).
Old 05-26-2020, 02:06 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone know which font is being used on the Moi Lolita CD cover?

The one where she’s sitting in the chair, hopefully this image is uploaded correctly.

If not the exact font something similar could do. The two sections of text seem to be different fonts from what I can gather.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:46 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The one where she’s sitting in the chair, hopefully this image is uploaded correctly.

If not the exact font something similar could do. The two sections of text seem to be different fonts from what I can gather.
I think the text is hand-drawn by an artist (like calligraphy.)

Also, look at Alizee's 'moi lolita' youtube channel--- En Concert, karaoke, album singles etc. There are 2-3 different versions of "Alizee", I think they're all hand-drawn.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:03 AM

Default Buying Alizée related items online

Unless a miracle happens and I stumble across one of her CDs in person, which is a task I've undertaken anyway, in order to get a copy of one of Alizée's CDs it will need to be bought online, and I just have a few questions regarding such.

There's a listing for the Gourmandise album CD in a state near me that'll only cost about $20 (USD) in total, maybe less if I can bargain for it. I asked the seller and they say it's in good condition with all the songs playing fine and only some minor scratches on the disc.
Should I have any concerns with such a purchase? It seems like a decent enough deal. Though it's sad to see people selling off Alizée's CDs, I guess some people just move on and that's that, at least they're not chucking it away. It'll be so great to have a bit of something Alizée that isn't just a file on a computer or a random sketch I've done of her

My second inquiry:
I've seen some listings such as the one below, but I am a bit sceptical. Are they selling the CD? A poster? I'm not really considering buying this anyway but just curious if anyone can tell what's actually being sold here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CD-ALIZE...kAAOSwFIVe8~yc

And to finish, is there any other general advice you guys might have for buying Alizée related things online and particularly Ebay?
Any feedback is appreciated
Old 07-21-2020, 05:06 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Unless a miracle happens and I stumble across one of her CDs in person, which is a task I've undertaken anyway, in order to get a copy of one of Alizée's CDs it will need to be bought online, and I just have a few questions regarding such.

There's a listing for the Gourmandise album CD in a state near me that'll only cost about $20 (USD) in total, maybe less if I can bargain for it. I asked the seller and they say it's in good condition with all the songs playing fine and only some minor scratches on the disc.
Should I have any concerns with such a purchase? It seems like a decent enough deal. Though it's sad to see people selling off Alizée's CDs, I guess some people just move on and that's that, at least they're not chucking it away. It'll be so great to have a bit of something Alizée that isn't just a file on a computer or a random sketch I've done of her

My second inquiry:
I've seen some listings such as the one below, but I am a bit sceptical. Are they selling the CD? A poster? I'm not really considering buying this anyway but just curious if anyone can tell what's actually being sold here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CD-ALIZE...kAAOSwFIVe8~yc

And to finish, is there any other general advice you guys might have for buying Alizée related things online and particularly Ebay?
Any feedback is appreciated
Make sure the seller is reliable: their rating should be at least 95%. And obviously look at the number of item sold and every little statistic about them. The problem is that you never know how your purchase will be when it is secondhand. Usually it would be nice to have a professional seller and not a private one because, in theory, it should be more trustworthy for refunds and stuff like that.

I haven't got much experience about buying secondhand things online, but I've bought 3 used cds of Alizée and 2 of them went "wrong":
-MCE (on Amazon), the case was ok but the cd in it was Gourmandises lol;
-the special edition of Psychédélices (on Ebay), the case, the cd and the dvd were ok, but there weren't the poster and the booklet (which were what I was interested in).

But actually I was lucky because the sellers were professional and they refunded me. Also they didn't want back the cd so I got them free lol.
That's why the most important thing is the rating of the seller.

In general, I prefer Amazon because it seems to me that the buyer is more protected. Basically, when anything happens, you just have to say "Hey, Amazon, solve this problem!". Buying on Amazon is already a warranty for me.

Edit:

The link seems to be a CD.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 07-21-2020 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-21-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Make sure the seller is reliable: their rating should be at least 95%. And obviously look at the number of item sold and every little statistic about them. The problem is that you never know how your purchase will be when it is secondhand. Usually it would be nice to have a professional seller and not a private one because, in theory, it should be more trustworthy for refunds and stuff like that.

I haven't got much experience about buying secondhand things online, but I've bought 3 used cds of Alizée and 2 of them went "wrong":
-MCE (on Amazon), the case was ok but the cd in it was Gourmandises lol;
-the special edition of Psychédélices (on Ebay), the case, the cd and the dvd were ok, but there weren't the poster and the booklet (which were what I was interested in).

But actually I was lucky because the sellers were professional and they refunded me. Also they didn't want back the cd so I got them free lol.
That's why the most important thing is the rating of the seller.

In general, I prefer Amazon because it seems to me that the buyer is more protected. Basically, when anything happens, you just have to say "Hey, Amazon, solve this problem!". Buying on Amazon is already a warranty for me.

Edit:

The link seems to be a CD.
Only the 9 reviews of the seller but still 100% feedback. They seemed pretty nice when replying to a message I sent.

Doesn't appear to be anything really available on Amazon that ships here Ebay's looking like my only immediate option.

To be honest I wouldn't listen to the CD copy of the album that much if I bought it so the condition doesn't bother me too much. Of course I'd give it a few listens through for that experience, but whilst I'm at home with other people in the house for convenience sake I'd probably just stream it digitally with headphones in most of the time.
So it's more of a piece of memorabilia/merchandise that I can hold onto.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:07 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Only the 9 reviews of the seller but still 100% feedback. They seemed pretty nice when replying to a message I sent.

Doesn't appear to be anything really available on Amazon that ships here Ebay's looking like my only immediate option.

To be honest I wouldn't listen to the CD copy of the album that much if I bought it so the condition doesn't bother me too much. Of course I'd give it a few listens through for that experience, but whilst I'm at home with other people in the house for convenience sake I'd probably just stream it digitally with headphones in most of the time.
So it's more of a piece of memorabilia/merchandise that I can hold onto.
I have 2 MCE cds. One has a cracked case but it's still sealed. Also there appears to be a wrinkle in the insert.I haven't opened it but I'm sure the cd itself is fine. I have another one that has been opened, but the insert is in perfect condition and so appears to be the cd. I could scan them for you. If I shipped it without the case, shipping would probably be about 14 US dollars. The price of the cd itself is non-negotiable. Sometimes extra stuff gets included in the package when I ship stuff. It's one of those sci-fi things.

I'll keep what ever you don't choose as my own. I'm not that fussy about what condition mine is in as long as it's playable.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-21-2020 at 09:13 PM..
Old 07-22-2020, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I have 2 MCE cds. One has a cracked case but it's still sealed. Also there appears to be a wrinkle in the insert.I haven't opened it but I'm sure the cd itself is fine. I have another one that has been opened, but the insert is in perfect condition and so appears to be the cd. I could scan them for you. If I shipped it without the case, shipping would probably be about 14 US dollars. The price of the cd itself is non-negotiable. Sometimes extra stuff gets included in the package when I ship stuff. It's one of those sci-fi things.

I'll keep what ever you don't choose as my own. I'm not that fussy about what condition mine is in as long as it's playable.
Scanning CDs is not something I'm familiar with. What does that involve? Does it just create a duplicate of the track which you can put on another disk?
Old 07-22-2020, 04:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Scanning CDs is not something I'm familiar with. What does that involve? Does it just create a duplicate of the track which you can put on another disk?
No, no! You scan it just to get a picture of it to send to you so you can see a good image of it before you buy it.

I'm leaving in about an hour to go fishing today and will be gone the rest of the day.

By the way, have you tried disogs? It's a site in Europe that sells cds and stuff?

https://www.discogs.com/Aliz%C3%A9e-.../master/284336

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-22-2020 at 04:31 AM..
Old 07-22-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
No, no! You scan it just to get a picture of it to send to you so you can see a good image of it before you buy it.

I'm leaving in about an hour to go fishing today and will be gone the rest of the day.

By the way, have you tried disogs? It's a site in Europe that sells cds and stuff?

https://www.discogs.com/Aliz%C3%A9e-.../master/284336
Right. You could have simply said it would be a picture but never mind, just a simple misunderstanding. I'm not too familiar with CDs so the terminology can be a tad confusing sometimes Oh well...
I'll have a look at that Discogs website.