Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
well.. then i wonder how much of the new album can be considered hers?
i mean, since psych is supposed to be just a experimental album, the new one should be different than, no?

by that i mean, will she stick to what she feels is her, or try to get something that the fans will like?
What I'm hoping for is that she starts composing her pieces majorly, instead of relying too heavily on other musicians. Sure she can describe the way she wants it to be in the best detail but in the end, it's not fully her lest she wrote it ALL herself.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
What I'm hoping for is that she starts composing her pieces majorly, instead of relying too heavily on other musicians. Sure she can describe the way she wants it to be in the best detail but in the end, it's not fully her lest she wrote it ALL herself.
well.. can't be that hard. apparently it takes Taylor Swift like 20 minutes or so to write the lyrics to a song.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
well.. can't be that hard. apparently it takes Taylor Swift like 20 minutes or so to write the lyrics to a song.
No offense to Taylor Swift fans, but it is a good thing she can write because she couldn't carry a tune in a shower. I guess that does sound offensive. Sorry again! I agree with Mr. Barrett that Alizee should try her hand with writing. I think it is more difficult to write songs without playing a musical instrument like the guitar or piano although close collaboration with Jeremy could be the ticket for her. He does play the piano and guitar I believe. Maybe she will surprise us on her next album with at least one song she wrote.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
No offense to Taylor Swift fans, but it is a good thing she can write because she couldn't carry a tune in a shower. I guess that does sound offensive. Sorry again! I agree with Mr. Barrett that Alizee should try her hand with writing. I think it is more difficult to write songs without playing a musical instrument like the guitar or piano although close collaboration with Jeremy could be the ticket for her. He does play the piano and guitar I believe. Maybe she will surprise us on her next album with at least one song she wrote.
Well since she's edging on the electro side I don't really think she's overtly interested in real instruments anymore (to my dismay and to the dismay of other musicians of this forum).
All she really needs is a good program, maybe a synthesizer and some samplers, and of course a decent ear, and she can just plot out the sound she wants with computer clicks and experimentation.

With technology today, nearly anyone can write a song without skill or instrumental ability. They really just need the ear for music, and those songs can either be amazingly written on the program, or poorly written. No matter what, these songs have a nasty habit of being horrid and topping American charts.
(aka: Soulja Boy)
Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

yea.. i dunno exactly how taylor swift does it, but maybe Alizee can just write out the lyrics and someone else can write the music to go with it? im not a musician, so how a song is produced is beyond me!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
yea.. i dunno exactly how taylor swift does it, but maybe Alizee can just write out the lyrics and someone else can write the music to go with it? im not a musician, so how a song is produced is beyond me!
Song production is a lengthy process if you want the best effect, but black metal musicians purposely do it as simple as they can to achieve the more "truer" sound, as if they didn't have second chances in recording.

What Psych presented was Alizée writing lyrics, while she hired others to present HER image through their music in their way. Technically it's not fully hers, but it would be interesting to see how her ear leads her to her own possibilities.
In music there's a lot to consider into making a song, you can keep it simple with 4 tracks and 4 instruments, or you can layer it for all eternity to create nothing short of an orchestral masterpiece in 5:1 or some exclamation of that sorts.
Aside from this she has to ask if she's willing to perform some songs live. Live can only bring up so much, so playing a 400 track song live with a band of 4 people, can get disastrous. Of course there's only so much of that song that can be played live without the rest of the tracks played through playback.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:25 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well since she's edging on the electro side I don't really think she's overtly interested in real instruments anymore (to my dismay and to the dismay of other musicians of this forum).
All she really needs is a good program, maybe a synthesizer and some samplers, and of course a decent ear, and she can just plot out the sound she wants with computer clicks and experimentation.

With technology today, nearly anyone can write a song without skill or instrumental ability. They really just need the ear for music, and those songs can either be amazingly written on the program, or poorly written. No matter what, these songs have a nasty habit of being horrid and topping American charts.
(aka: Soulja Boy)
Unfortunately you speak the truth. I was speaking to the difficulty of matching lyrics to music. The synchronicity of sorts for both aspects of a song. I guess Alizee could create either without the other and someone else could add one or the other. I never considered a computer program. I'm with you about the fading art of music using real instruments and real musicians. I am kind of a purest in this way. That's why I don't like most pop music. I detest the 70's disco for the same reason of canned music without real musicians. At least up to now Alizee has had for the most part real musicians. It is a scary thought if Alizee goes completely techno. With that ugly tattoo on her forearm and canned music may be more than this man can stomach. I'm taking a wait and see approach and I really hope that Alizee knocks our socks off with the new album. No matter what I wish Alizee the best always.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What Psych presented was Alizée writing lyrics, while she hired others to present HER image through their music in their way.
Incorrect. Alizée did not write the lyrics to any songs in Psychédélices. They were written by Jean Fauque, Daniel Darc, Oxmo Puccino, and one or two others; Jérémy may have contributed a little to a couple of them, too although he was not the main lyricist on any of them. I'm sure Her Grace had plenty of input and approved the final product herself, but she did not actually write the lyrics any more than she composed the music.

I've seen no poetry written by her, but I've read some examples of prose, and her French is colloquial, informal, and a bit idiosyncratic. What I've seen is not stuff great poetry is made of -- but you never know. If she tried, there might be more talent there than we've seen so far.

Not that she needs it -- her talent lies in her voice, her dancing, and her rapport with the audience. She's a performer. A good one, potentially a very great one. Do the Gods give all gifts to one person?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 PM
evil member!!

jeroh is on a distinguished road

Jeam best song ftww!!111
jeam best song ftww!!111
jeam best song ftww!!111
jeam best song ftww!!111
jeam best song ftww!!111
jeam best song ftww!!111jeam best song ftww!!111jeam best song ftww!!111jeam best song ftww!!111jeam best song ftww!!111jeam best song ftww!!111jeam best song ftww!!111jeam best song ftww!!111jeam best song ftww!!111
Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 PM

turinsz+ is on a distinguished road

Jeam best song ftww!!111
JEAM BEST SONG FTWW!!111
JEAM BEST SONG FTWW!!111JEAM BEST SONG FTWW!!111
MUHAHAHAHAH