Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I think you guys need to get out more.
haha.
The video is ok. But, seeing how they took forever to release it I expected better. I'm sorry, but I don't have low expectations like a lot of you do.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Haha.. well I've always preferred Alizée's tv and live performances to her music videos but I doubt we'll get to see many of them. Well if you can't be with the one you love.. then love the one you're with.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Ermagersh....I can't get over how amazing she looks....any tips? Nevermind, i don't want them!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I think it's ok?
Nothing special but pleasant enough....
Still like the song. With a bit of a push it could have been a hit methinks. Alas.............
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

It can not be very difficult to finish an album, release the single, then the videoclip, then the album.
Instead or that, we had the single, then the album delay, and days before Alizée talks about the delay and a silly mirror, the videoclip shows up out of nowhere with no info at all from nobody.
We all like to watch her walking around, but it would not be bad for her career if things were presented in a more professional way.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
We all like to watch her walking around, but it would not be bad for her career if things were presented in a more professional way.
Or would it? This could easily be a nifty marketing scheme to get everyone talking about the album again (which it has obviously) and keep us held off til the CD. It has worked since we keep talking about the new album every time something gets released or a delay happens.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Maybe, but everything looks very "weak" right now, like done by amateurs. To be fair I don't think it is her fault since all this should be the record company responsability.
Delays and throwing things now and then, surely keep us talking about the album, but it affects the final product. We should know a couple of weeks in advance where and when the videoclip was going to be showed, to create anticipation and interest until the premiere day.

At the moment they are not making good use of internet... No teasers, snippets of songs, promos... nothing. However, with the album delay there is no point on doing that now, better saving all that for later on.
Alizée said that there will be "many surprises" with the new album, I wonder if those were empty words or she really knows something that we don't.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Very pretty video

I do agree that this video has to do with the split, just seems too much a coincidence for it not to be.

It is interesting though, as RMJ pointed out at AF...the scene where she is with the guy, you can see high heels on the floor, and a champagne glass tipped over...is that supposed to show a night of infidelity?

Or maybe showing two people who rushed into things while having fun, and not thinking it all the way through?
It does seem to offer an image of a night of drinking and infdelity, followed by her realizing that her marriage is over (portrayed in the video as her deep thought as whoever-he-was was leaving).

However, as he was shown deep in thought at one moment it is possible that this was meant to convey a relationship that was no longer working (this explanation seems less likely as the rest of the scene does seem to imply a night of sex). If this was there intent then I think they missed the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
still... somethings in mind says me, its till unfinished...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjmwa View Post
haha.
The video is ok. But, seeing how they took forever to release it I expected better. I'm sorry, but I don't have low expectations like a lot of you do.
Keep in mind that it was probably a very low buget video, so don't expect Lady GaGa levels of production.

However, I agree that some of the images presented in the video were unclear. Especially, her attitiude in the scenes when she was wearing the vest semed out of place with the rest of the video.

I am especially lukewarm about the last few seconds. They could have presented a much clearer image of a "new dawn" in her life - and her sense of freedom and moving forward.

Last edited by Rev; 09-19-2012 at 03:53 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I like the part where she is sitting there in the hotel room gazing at her one night stand and then looking around to make sure she knows where her shoes were for the fast getaway, nice touch. Still I have to agree it was really low budget and very amateurishly done. You can do low budget and still make it look good.

As I stated before the editing needs a lot of work. The hotel room, beach and dance studio were nice touches but what was the point of all the walking around town, through the narrow alleys and sitting at a table talking to her girl friends. Having her walk alone along the beach in thought, would have been a better scenario.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Ermagersh....I can't get over how amazing she looks....any tips? Nevermind, i don't want them!
I approve of your avatar... the coolest shot from the clip. :thumbsup:

Tags
a cause de l'automne