Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-26-2019, 08:16 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Its an error or its a prank.
Probably more likely an error instead of a prank, but I threw an alternative explanation out there which is not outlandish. It's not easy to pull a prank on Google. From what I have read on the subject of suggesting an edit on a business, they are reviewed by both machines and humans. This is not an edit of the hours of operation, but of the business name itself. It is highly likely that these kind of edits are scrutinized more than others.

Google is well aware of competitors trying to hack each other's listings. Starting in 2017, emails are sent to the primary owner of the Google account associated with the business listing should an edit be made.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm thinking this is just a prank, but it makes me wonder how Google Earth gets its information on businesses like this.
From the Google support site:

How Google sources business information

There are four main sources of information that you may see in your business listing:
  1. You: Information you’ve added about your business. You can add, edit, and remove this information as it changes to keep customers up to date and showcase your products and services.
  2. Your website: Information from your business’s official website.
  3. Users: Information from people who use Google services. Google gets a wide variety of information about businesses from its users. Your business listing is updated when someone takes an action like leaving a review, uploading a photo, or reporting a problem. This user-generated information includes reviews, popular times, and photos.
  4. Third-party sources: Information from other places online. If Google finds information about your business that could be helpful to customers, it may be added to your listing. This can include links to social profiles, restaurant menus, and hotel amenities.

Quote:
Great picture! Any idea when it was taken? It seems the little comment is in reference to the dark circle under her left eye?
Alizee did have that eye patch in March over her left eye, so at some point after that. Maybe mother's day? In France it was May 26 this year.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-26-2019 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-26-2019, 12:22 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Come on... are people here really serious about this "Farmer/Boudennat school of dance" thing?

Its an error or its a prank.
Quote:
I'm thinking this is just a prank, but it makes me wonder how Google Earth gets its information on businesses like this.
I agree with Mr Coucou and Scruffy. I think it's either a prank or a joke. It may not be easy to prank Google, but it is easy enough to use Google to prank somebody else.

Do we know if their studio existed on Google previously? Because if not, anybody (including a disgruntled parent or student) could "claim" the studio's location and set it up as their own with whatever name they choose.

For example, you could probably add an Alizée Restaurant to an untagged or empty location at your nearest shopping center. Nobody would know until somebody saw it on Google Maps and tried to go eat there only to find a barber shop or something instead. Perhaps with enough such occurrences that barber shop might have to file a claim to Google to have the "restaurant" removed so they can add their own business.

I think it's somebody trying to pull a fast one on the local celebrity, trying to go for a sore spot.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Looks like both business names are tied to the same address and exist on Google maps simultaneously, but the MF/LB one has the link to Facebook.

I remember finding the studio on Google maps last year. The name was correct, and it had hours of operation. Now the hours of operation are not available with either account.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:18 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Looks like both business names are tied to the same address and exist on Google maps simultaneously, but the MF/LB one has the link to Facebook.

I remember finding the studio on Google maps last year. The name was correct, and it had hours of operation. Now the hours of operation are not available with either account.
Hmm, that's weird. I guess Google doesn't really check the building plans to know if there is space enough for two dance studios, and the business downstairs.

Way to go Google
Old 06-26-2019, 03:09 PM
Administrator

My memory is not what it used to be, but I seem to recall the Google listing last year had A&G as part of the business name. Now we have two listings that are different with no reference to A&G, and the Facebook account has business named "Studio de Danse Lyonnet Ajaccio".

Then there is this:

This is Greg's parents studio, listed as "Studio de Danse Lyonnet Romans".

Maybe they changed the name and it hasn't been reflected everywhere. But it sure is confusing
Old 06-27-2019, 06:17 AM

bebert057 is on a distinguished road

a story taken during Gregory's birthday yesterday
Old 06-27-2019, 09:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It finally donned on me what is going on here and I think it's because of what's being going on in this country the past few years, that I finally saw the light. It's obvious Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutannat have been colluding with Gooogle so that when anyone does a search for any dance studio in France, the name "Studio de danse Mylene Farmer & Laurent Boutannat" would pop up. A plot this sinister had to be known by the upper levels of the French government. Yes..........Macron knew. In fact a dossier was being put together by the DGSI (French equivalent of MI5) that would have painted Alizee and Gregoire as blatant jay walkers to divert attention from what was really going on. MF, alias Mylene Farmer figured she would start with A&G because of their connections in the past and such a thing that appeared to be a simple mistake, would be easily overlooked. But they didn't count on some country hick from thousands of miles away, doing a Google Earth search for dance studios in Ajaccio that would lead to their downfall. I can hear those European sirens wailing outside the estate of Mr the jig is up, Monsieur Boutannat!

Old 06-27-2019, 11:23 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebert057 View Post

Baby got back and lots of it.

Last edited by ALS; 06-27-2019 at 11:37 AM..
Old 06-27-2019, 02:02 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebert057 View Post

Alizee looks healthy. She looks terrific. It's good to see her again.

Edit:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/d...,8.7572052,13z

Wow, I counted 16 dance studios in the Ajaccio vicinity, a city with a population of 604,000 people. I don't know if that's an unusual ratio or not, but it seems like a lot of dance studios for so small a city. There are 15 dance studios in San Antonio, TX, population of 1.5 million. Maybe the French are more interested in dancing than Texans or maybe they are more interested in sending their kids to learn dancing.

I counted 18 dance studios in the city of Paris, not counting suburbs, a city of 2.2 million people.

19 studios in London, population of 8.1 million.

I suppose we could extrapolate this data into all sorts of speculations, comparing cities with the most dance studio as having higher/lower IQs, crime rates, VD, obesity, teen pregnancies, divorce, life expectancy, suicide, dental hygienists, vegetarians, and insanity.

Last edited by Shepherd; 06-27-2019 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Baby got back and lots of it.
The first time pregnant she might not have wanted to be seen publicly, maybe because she gained so much weight. But this time around, all these years later, her die-hard fans follow her because of who she is and not just because of how she looks. I really hope that she makes her fans a part of what is going on - it is obviously very exciting for her and Greg. The last week or so we have seen a lot of her and that is a good sign.