Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Euphoria, you wouldn't be the first or last heterosexual woman on this board that was physically attracted to Alizée.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

More disconnected thoughts from Ray follow.... Today marks six months since my discovery of Alizée. In that time I've been bombarded with 12 years of information, music, and video of her performing, interviews, and via Instagram, a few bits of her current private world. I discover new things everyday. Sometimes I feel like I'm observing several different people instead of one Alizée. I know that they are all the same person of course. There is a definite distinction between the era that ended at the end of the 03/04 concert tour and the one that emerged when Psychédélices was released. Then slightly different for UEDS. Now? It still feels somewhat UEDS to me. I feel that inside she's the same person across all these eras. Something inside her that has affected many fans in many ways.

Most of the time for me I regard her in the present. Doing her thing like everyone else. I've had a few different eras of my own, boring for sure, and at the time they may have seemed important and interesting, but after 'being there, doing that' I may have tired of things or found new things that were 'important.' I can remember back to highlights from the past, but mostly I think we all live our lives in the present. We learn from the past, things such as likes and dislikes, and apply that to the future. Most people's goals and plans change and I don't figure Alizée to be any different. I don't expect her to do anything that she's done before just because she did it. I expect her to do what's important to her now even though that could change. I don't think she could forget the Mylene era, but she learned from it and moved on. Been there, done that.

I still have no idea what this 'being-a-fan' stuff is about. It's a new adventure for me. I tend to want to let her just do her own thing.

As far as the thread's title topic goes....When I first heard about Alizée I went to Youtube and most of what's there is the younger Alizée. But the sense of who she is was somehow evident. I really liked hearing her sing the songs. Then I found out about the later two albums and while I didn't get right into them I have since. Her past is preserved on the internet for all to see. I don't ignore it but look to the future.

Well, I'd hoped trying to write this would help me, but I'm still confused...
Old 10-28-2012, 11:47 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post

I guess she was not trying for fans to forget about Lolita, since she herself plays the song in front of everybody,
Even the name Lolita was printed in the flyer of the event hehe.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM

Runner Simon is on a distinguished road

I discovered Alizée maybe 4? 5? years ago. Some of you have been with her from the start, she might seem more mature now and she really is. But you all have grown to. What I'm getting at is that some of us might experience her more mature becouse we have gotten more mature and can understand her "mature way" better. Now I'm soon to be 21. I realise I'm going through alot of changes developing a career and finding out who I am etc. etc. Put I think this angle can apply to even the oldest among us.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

When I think of Alizée I think of all the wonderful gifts she has brought my way. Oh my when I first discovered her I couldn't believe such a beautiful angel could ever exist but there she was.. and not just beautiful mind you... she was beautiful in every way... and to me she still is.

Sheesh.. I could talk all day about how beautiful she is or what she means to me but don't I wanna risk boring anyone if I haven't already, but to get to the point at the end of the day I guess I will always hold onto the old days because they were some of the best days of my life.

Simply put.. she will always be special to me.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Tags
alizee, discussion, mature, twitter, young