Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
oh - Amelie wow!

are you like a renaissance girl?
you've written three books already
and you draw and make graphic designs
and you know three languages! ...hmm i'm kinda jealous

jeez - i wish i could speak french
i think Europeans learn other languages easier than we Americans

That's preferably not true, it's just the fact English is a very simplified language compared to, say the Romance Languages. In a way it is also true, being as European countries are very close and diverse, our exposure to them is quite often. In Spain you's easily catch lots of Portuguese, English, and French, being the close relativity of those countries.

I myself know several asian languages and English, need to work my French and Swedish up.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:20 PM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

hahaha oh my goodness, i'm so excited, it was so strange to hear so much of what i've said! And Ciara you really pronounced my name not correctly but that's ok because probably in this forum i would be the only one who would pronounce it correctly xDD and mainly, without my interview this podcast was very cute and interesting and soooo....home'ish lol and thanks to everybody for the comments! and i know not 3 languages, i know 4-i know Russian a bit too.

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I was very happy that you were interviewed, Amélie. I still hope to get your autograph when you become famous !
Old 06-14-2008, 05:42 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

well, apparently i have knockers now.

another great podcast. thanks ciara
Old 06-14-2008, 05:47 PM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I was very happy that you were interviewed, Amélie. I still hope to get your autograph when you become famous !
you are very sweet, Lefty! the question is will i ever become famous. but i want that very much. eh,if that happens, just remind me yourself (and mention that you are Lefty) and you will surely get an autograph. c'est promis...

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:43 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
well, apparently i have knockers now.
Excellent.

Leaving my store I saw a little girl in a soccer jersey with her name on the back- "Ciara."
Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
That's preferably not true, it's just the fact English is a very simplified language compared to, say the Romance Languages. In a way it is also true, being as European countries are very close and diverse, our exposure to them is quite often. In Spain you's easily catch lots of Portuguese, English, and French, being the close relativity of those countries.

I myself know several asian languages and English, need to work my French and Swedish up.
yes - you're right English is much simpler than compared to Spanish - i know for that for sure

And yes, geographical proximity to other nations is a definite salient factor in the bilingual composition of a population. This is especially pertinent when considering 16th/c empires such as Spain. In Spain not only geographical proximity but, in addition, maritime trade, i presume, historically has significantly shaped the linguistic demographical composition

Last edited by tbailey; 06-14-2008 at 10:58 PM..
Old 06-15-2008, 12:34 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
well, apparently i have knockers now...
Knockers?..

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:12 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
yes - you're right English is much simpler than compared to Spanish - i know for that for sure

And yes, geographical proximity to other nations is a definite salient factor in the bilingual composition of a population. This is especially pertinent when considering 16th/c empires such as Spain. In Spain not only geographical proximity but, in addition, maritime trade, i presume, historically has significantly shaped the linguistic demographical composition
Simplicity is in the eye of the beholder . Spanish is a lot easier to spell, for instance . I think "simplicity" all has to be gauged relative to your native language.

Regarding your second paragraph, are you talking about bilingualism within Spain, or people being LanguageX+Spanish bilingual elsewhere in the world?
It seems more like the latter, in which case I guess you're talking about places like Latin America (although Spanish has probably almost displaced all the other native languages in much of Latin America). I guess a similar statement could be made regarding English in North America and lots of other places, but policies regarding ethnic assimilation/etc. need to be taken into account as well.

TheBarrett, which Asian languages do you know, just out of curiosity?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:51 AM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
You always think the podcast are going to be horrendous Ciara and they are always great, or maybe I am just easy to please? Bah but anyway who cares I enjoy listening to them and thats all that matters right?

On a serious note I really do appreciate all the work you, snatcher, and brad put into these podcast, they always give me a good laugh and I really enjoy them.

It was cool to see a interview from Amelie, I learned a little more about her. I need to stop being lazy and get audacity so I can set my mic up and do a interview, we will see I guess and once I do set it up I will let you know.

and one more thing... about the name Ciara. I have only met one person besides you with that name.. not that I have ever met you but well you know. Anyway I actually had a girl in my class (french class ironic enough) a couple years ago I got to know and since I knew her name was Ciara before I ever seen it spelled I learned it that way. I knew how to say yours when I seen it on the forum so YAY for me.
Ok, that's true...but it was especially true THIS time! Thanks for listening, glad you enjoy them . Yes, when you stop being lazy we can totally do an interview lol. YAY for you! I was actually at a restaurant tonight and the people behind me kept saying my name, but you know, they didn't mean me.