Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 11-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

MA and Toment that really helped me understand what needs to be done. And I am totally willing to host several videos on each of my accounts.

But MA, when you embedded the video it does not have "cc" "cc" only shows when one is watching it on Youtube.com
Old 11-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
To give you guys the full background story:
We (I) started uploading videos on YouTube.com, only to find out one of them being blocked in Germany, only to be followed more blocking and copyright issues.

We then tried Vimeo.com with similair results.

Drawing the conclusion that most video streaming sites are using some kind of copyright auto detection mekanism, we decided to split the "blame" on several accounts so that YouTube staff won't bann one account and the whole library will disappear. Also, having one or two copy-righted videos on your account will not get your channel banned, so members don't have to worry about this.

Naturally we don't want to start a fake account production corporation so that's why we turn to fellow memebers of this forum to help us out!

The video section is very convenient for us "hardcore fans" but if you'd ask me I'd say that it's biggest function really is to drag new fans "into the light".
We can just attend the hub or any other "less convenient" way to reach even better quality files, since we are already convinced that Alizée is the shoit.

Getting on the hub should be pretty easy with my visual tutorial (just follow the pictures lol), and if trouble should arise I'd be thrilled to help out.
Here's the thing. I consider myself pretty "hardcore" at this point, and I am a computer guy, yet the video section here is STILL the only place I have found subtitled versions of some videos, and many of the "subtitled" videos I have got from the Hub just don't work right, no matter what I use to play them back. I'd say the most important thing would to get any subtitled videos up on YouTube, where we know they will work.
Quote:

Thing is, we might get people togheter to cover that bill with donations but is it really worth it just to be able to watch the videos we already have access to, in lower resolution?

Subtitles functionality will even be improved if we move to YouTube. They support multi transcript which means that we can put a sub for French, English, Spanish, Japanese, Swedish, Lyrics in English, Lyrics in French etc.. On the same video.

To clear things out, we do not intend to just put some links to upload sites such as MediaFire, we use those only to provide the members who want to help us out by uploading the files to their YouTube account.

Once the videos is up on YouTube we simply embed them into the Video Section page et voila!

The result is the same thing as we have right now but with quality reaching up to HD and more subtitles.

Some videos will be hard (impossible) to get up there, but hey, maybe there is a reason for that?

Let's keep it on the right side of the law so we don't have to close the whole site one bitter day.
Sounds great. And honestly, I had no idea it cost that much to support this site and that the amount of people visiting/supporting it was so small. It really sounds like Youtube and the DC++ hub are the only good options.

Now what about the implementation? Like I said earlier, subtitled vids are the most important to me. I don't see a lot of people stepping up to translate these days, so let's not lose what we have!

Should we start a thread with a list of all known videos in the first post, and then have people try and find the best quality versions and subtitles for them, and then keep the first post updated with status?

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 11-26-2010, 11:38 PM

Go right ahead Severian! The faster we get started the better.

Now should we make some new accounts to host like 2 or 3 videos or upload them to our own accounts?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:50 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Any way I can help you guys out by up loading videos to my Youtube channel, just let me know.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Sweet, so I believe we have 4 uploaders now. Should we start making a list for the videos we are going to upload, and then each of us pick which videos we are going to upload?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
many of the "subtitled" videos I have got from the Hub just don't work right, no matter what I use to play them back. I'd say the most important thing would to get any subtitled videos up on YouTube, where we know they will work.
Quote:
Now what about the implementation? Like I said earlier, subtitled vids are the most important to me. I don't see a lot of people stepping up to translate these days, so let's not lose what we have!

I understand that good quality videos and English subtitles are most attractive features of the AAm videos.

We want to select best files for all videos available on internet till 2010.

We will synchronize the subtitles according to the best files.

We will try to maintain subtitles in many languages. This would again require help from many of us.

Then we will index and then share those files with you. All you have to do is to add those to youtube through your account.

Quote:
Should we start a thread with a list of all known videos in the first post, and then have people try and find the best quality versions and subtitles for them, and then keep the first post updated with status?
We tried to do that on our own, but found that it's quite tedious work. So, instead of doing at first, we decided to do it parallely along with other works and it's much easier by that way.

For such a list, Tomtentp suggested the use of Wiki or any other site where everyone can access and edit it. Doing it alone is very time taking and not efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Now should we make some new accounts to host like 2 or 3 videos or upload them to our own accounts?
There is no need to create new accounts now.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 11-27-2010 at 12:45 PM..
Old 11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

this is just my opinion but I feel that it would look good making new accounts and each of the accounts can hold parts of each era and posted in chronological order (although that may be very tedious). The account names will have to do with the era it is assigned. (i.e. AlizeeGourmVids1, AlizeeGourmVids2, etc...)

but that is just my opinion as to what I see as most organized. it is also the most tedious I know but we could generalize off this idea.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
this is just my opinion but I feel that it would look good making new accounts and each of the accounts can hold parts of each era and posted in chronological order (although that may be very tedious). The account names will have to do with the era it is assigned. (i.e. AlizeeGourmVids1, AlizeeGourmVids2, etc...)

but that is just my opinion as to what I see as most organized. it is also the most tedious I know but we could generalize off this idea.
The biggest reason for going with different accounts was that if you have too many videos on your account, then youtube will block your channel. That would just ruin everything in a moment someday. In case of random distribution of videos we can't stop blocking of videos but at least none of the channel will be blocked. Also, imagine if 50 members have 3-4 videos each on their accounts, they can personally check it and it won't be tedious.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
The biggest reason for going with different accounts was that if you have too many videos on your account, then youtube will block your channel. That would just ruin everything in a moment someday. In case of random distribution of videos we can't stop blocking of videos but at least none of the channel will be blocked. Also, imagine if 50 members have 3-4 videos each on their accounts, they can personally check it and it won't be tedious.
Fair enough. I see how that can work a lot better. Just me having an OCD and trying to have everything labeled. (speaking of which, my collection is very disorganized. Should get on that some day )

Old 11-27-2010, 01:51 PM

I was thinking of that too Fevier, but they will all be embedded here anyway..