Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 12-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

Well we know shes not dead lol jk we know shes interested in us americans so the thing about her h8ing americans isnt real eh,?

Yep if only i known sooner im in RI i coulda been down there in a Jiffy

Last edited by Ben; 12-29-2008 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Merged. Please do not double post.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 AM

mal is on a distinguished road

WTH is she still here or not!!??
Old 12-30-2008, 01:47 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
WTH is she still here or not!!??
lol she isn´t mal
Old 12-31-2008, 03:41 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Who ever said anything about hating Americans anyway? She didn't want to try to go into the American market when she was young supposedly because she was intimidated by it. And now she's just not willing to come unless there's a certain level of fan power already here (apparently). She's done the same number of her own concerts here in the USA in 2008 as she has in France. She definitely would like to do concerts in France.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Who ever said anything about hating Americans anyway? She didn't want to try to go into the American market when she was young supposedly because she was intimidated by it. And now she's just not willing to come unless there's a certain level of fan power already here (apparently). She's done the same number of her own concerts here in the USA in 2008 as she has in France. She definitely would like to do concerts in France.
Yup, agreed, she is intimidated by the America market which she shouldn’t be! About Alizee hating America, I am willing to say the opposite; she loves America

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

This thing about Alizée not liking the USA has popped up before. There is no evidence that Alizée dislikes the USA. In fact, she seems to love many things about the USA. She really likes some of the artists, actors, music and TV shows. She seems to love New York. She’s been here 3 times that we know of and got married here. I wouldn’t say that that sounds like someone who hates the USA.

I don’t think Alizée is the type of person who would hate a whole group of people simply based on their geographic location in the world. I think she is much more intelligent than that.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:38 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Alizée likes America just fine, but we are foreigners. Think about that. She may not feel particularly comfortable trying to jump out and promote herself in the biggest playing field in the world which happens to be a foreign country where people speak a language she does not know very well at all. People have talked about having conversations with her in English; so, we know there's a certain level there, but we've also seen how limited it is in other circumstances. And now having studied French for two years I know how hard it is to learn a foriegn language. I don't really see her ever having the time to learn English very well. Still, that doesn't have to be a barrier any more than it was going to Mexico or Korea or whatever, but I'd find that pretty intimidating, especially when she's no longer a big star in her own country. It's one thing to have a country crazy about her and welcome her by demand. It's another to go in fairly unknown and try to make something happen. I can't see her ever choosing that road, but yes some of the suggestions in the getting Alizée to the US threads have been good or at least show that with some imagination there are possibilities.

In any case, Alizée while not seeming to be especially shy is certainly not that kind of extrovert. She was a diamond in the rough plucked out and polished to a shine.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's too bad that Alizée didn't become more conversant in English. It would probably have been useful for her career since English is known as a second language in so many countries.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Well, she's only 24, so there's still time. I'd personally be happy to help. (That's a serious offer.)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Well, she's only 24, so there's still time. I'd personally be happy to help. (That's a serious offer.)
Heh, how cool would that be? Like I was saying the other day in Roman's ongoing interview thread, it does appear that Alizée and I have a surprising number of common interests we could talk about...

Maybe we should kick off a forum section titled 'Apprendre l'anglais', and see if she bites?