Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Merci Alizée

Default It has to be a new start again

I have been wondering for some time that what must be going through Alizée's life now. I'm not putting more stress on my mind by thinking about her personal life. It's been over a year since UEdS was released and now it seems to be just part of the past. There have been lot of discussions about her 4th album, her musical style and career path etc. I still remember how the intensity was so high for the album and how it just got lost as the time passed. Then there were rumors about the 5th album and best-of DVD. With no official news, these clouds of these rumors are still hovering Lilly Town.

It's a time when Alizée can think about her career path and her future life. She can either choose to live just a simple happy life or may decide to struggle more for giving new direction to her career. So, it's going to be important for her. If she chooses later, which I expect more than anything else she will have to do a lot to do.

With the commercial failure of her last album, Alizée has a tough task of getting her career back on track. First of all she needs a record label which would be interested in investing money for her album. To be honest, I don't think there would be many labels who would be willing to take risk for her album. Certainly they run their business for the profits. That's why finding a new team isn't going to be easy for her. I don't know much about French music industry and I really wonder what she can she at this stage. Another important part of all this is to think about what would be her musical direction. UEdS was a big change from her previous works. Maybe she would dare to continue with that, but that has very limited scope, or she may go back to mainstream. It's really hard to predict what can happen in future. As I think it's time for a new beginning for Alizée.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 PM

len56 is on a distinguished road

I'm sure the record labels would sign her up if she wanted to go back to her old, well-selling image. She would probably need to invest some money herself too. Something like MCÉ would be best (in my opinion), but something like Psychédélices would be really good too
Old 05-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

She has a 7-year old. She must be wondering what happened to the time. Should she wait for another or not...
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

I like all her music, but given a preference, I would love to see her go back to the style of her second album. That was in my opinion the best musical style for her.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

One would think that if Alizée wants to have commercial success in the future she will have to move more towards the mainstream again. But Nolwenn Leroy had a CD that didn't do well and she surprised everyone by following it up with a CD that is not really mainstream and it's done quite well. It really is hard to predict where the music buying public's tastes will be at some given point in the future.

And yes there is still the possibility of Alizée taking a longer break and having another child. It just seems a long break now would be harder to come back from, but how much age difference do you want between your kids? I suppose we will just have to wait and see which route she takes. It could be a very long wait.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

It sucks that all we have is speculation threads. They have started to drive me nuts, which is why I'm posting a lot less. I hope she sticks to her guns and keeps striving for a more classy image and keeps heading towards adult music. I think her voice, with it's wonderful subtleties is perfect for more adult contemporary music. Something with depth.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 05-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I would like to see her succeed but the success of this album depends on so many things, and so many things depend on the success of the album. Another failure will make the damage her low sales have done to her reputation irrepairable, but a hit could set her up for a long, memorable career. It's simply a waiting game at this point (although that's the way it's been for quite a while now )

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-10-2011, 01:35 AM

Monro is on a distinguished road

Alizee is pretty.

Last edited by Monro; 05-13-2011 at 11:05 AM..
Old 05-10-2011, 08:27 AM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

One thing I noticed as her albums and performances progressed (look at the videos...) is that she became less and less connected with the audience. In her early performances she was very very connected with the audience... waving and flirting with them. Later on that got less and less. In the old performances, no matter where you sat, you believed she was singing directly to you. I don't get that as she progressed. It is unfortunate. I wish she would bring that back. That was an aspect of her charm and appeal. That was something no other performer embraced as much as she. That is what makes her so special. Please Alizée, make love to your audience again.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:50 PM

Monro is on a distinguished road

Alizee is pretty.

Last edited by Monro; 05-13-2011 at 11:07 AM..