Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-23-2009, 11:51 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
i have read this whole thread from beginning to end and have a few things to say.

i agree with jung to the fact that alizee's popularity is waning in france. the proof of this was the lack of ticket sales of her concert at the rex. jung, if i were you, i would stand behind that fact alone..
Good advice. That's the only "fact" I've heard so far in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
just because an artist fails in his/her country does not mean that they are not popular anywhere else. alizee is losing popularity in france but gaining it in mexico in a huge way.

shakira was once the hottest artist in her home country of columbia. today she could not fill a bath tub with fans. ha ha. yet her concert in mexico city drew the largest outdoor audience (over 200,000) in the history of mexico city.

when i was a little girl i remember 'where in the world is carmen sandiego?' the group who sang it was rockapella. although they were not that popular in the u.s.a. they were idolized in japan.

there are many other artists who have made thier mark in other countries besides their own.

i believe that instead of concentrating on her lack of popularity in france, we should encourage her popularity in other countries.
I've always liked Rockapella. "ooohh The Lion Sleeps Tonight ... mmm "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrel View Post
Agreed; personally I'm of the opinion that Alizée will have a very hard time getting a foothold in France again, if she can do it at all. The problem IMO is that her established image there is a cute young girl, and not many people have heard of her past that, so when she does try to come back they just see someone who's trying to capitalize on her success when she was young. She'll need something very, VERY good to capture their attention again.

Alizée has a decent chance in other countries though. As long as this album appeals to the general public, anyway. She's got a pretty face that can help move albums but it's still up to the music.
She is doing some good things to change her image. One, of course is L.E. Another is the collaboration with CM (I believe this has real potential if she can get a song into the Trance Clubs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Alizée ,continuing to sing in French ,I tihnk, is probably the biggest reason why she should try to strengthen her base in France. I agree that her musical career can still be going on with other countries, but with her current situation France would be better place to do so
Bottom line - she very much identifies with herself as being a French Girl. Therefore, she really really wants to be accepted in France. This is what is most important to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I think, it's not that hard to gain a following, just promote.
You know, the people are sheep, they are mindless little saps waiting for a direction...
Speak for yourself.

Promoting is one thing, but if you really want to build a following - then perform; perform live a lot. IF all aspects of the performance are good, the following will build over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Alizee started as a child star. Child stars very rarely stay hugely popular into adulthood. Dosen't matter whether you act, sing, dance or whatever else. Once you group up, it usually tends to be the end of the line. At least in your home country.
This is usually - UNLESS you are very good at reinventing yourself.

As I mentioned above, she is trying.

(Sigh - If only she would start adding some dancing to her performances - preferably with backup, this could add just enough to get her over the hump. Not the sexy stuff she did as a teen, but SOME movement that really shows another aspect of her talent.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Luckily for Alizee, Mexico caught on big time so unless she can make a comeback in France, where she's considered old hat i suppose, i think she has enough for a stronghold in Mexico to establish a lengthy career.
Perhaps. Perhaps.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:18 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Speak for yourself.

Promoting is one thing, but if you really want to build a following - then perform; perform live a lot. IF all aspects of the performance are good, the following will build over time.
That depends on the kind of audience to attract.
To gain fans is promotion, but you're not going to get everyone.
The general sheep of the people, likes the artist as a brand, and this statement may be sad, but true.

Perfecting a live performance can bring in fans, of different calibers.