Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 PM

Lupegoulash is on a distinguished road

The sings are pretty catchy and fun, especially "10 ans". Agreed, she will always have a loyal fanbase, and that sales may or may not reflect that.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:01 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

The problems she is dealing with a a 12% unemployment rate in the E.U. and France is known as the number one location for downloading illegal material. Unemployed fans are not going to splurge on a CD when they are short on money and the temptation of getting it free via the Internet is another problem.
Her loyal fans will buy her Cd's no matter what but the rest will find a way to acquire it free.

Alizée may need to take a whole different approach to her career and put an emphasis on doing more live shows instead of relying on just Album sales.

Last edited by ALS; 04-04-2013 at 06:07 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 01:10 PM

Sagittarius is on a distinguished road

The biggest problem for the sales of the album in my opinion, Sony has bad policy which is totally incomprehensible to me. Sony doesn't advertise at all album outside of France. About this album only know those who are interested in Alizee. Sony should done Alizee to make famous again not only in France. On this album are songs that could to be quite popular in for example Poland, because the Poles like the French music but about this album They don't know. Advertising on this album non-existent outside of france only occasionally pop up banner(amazon.fr) on the website ;(
Old 04-05-2013, 01:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I did quite a bit of walking in Paris and it's surprising that you don't see one poster advertising her album. They have metro exits/entrances right near the front entrances of fnac and virgin megastore. It would be the perfect place for one. I don't get it.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Well I get the impression that Alizée is not too bothered about mass sales or big hits anymore.
Not too bothered... well she has to be... Or Sony threatened to cancel the contract and she will be left alone having to refund part of the money used for the promo..

I hope she'll sell more than 15 000 albums... but hopefully the upcoming single release should keep her safe .

Edit:

One thing is sure! The last few days of promo definitely had an great impact on my youtube channel! It's skyrocketing!

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 04-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Not too bothered... well she has to be... Or Sony threatened to cancel the contract and she will be left alone having to refund part of the money used for the promo..

I hope she'll sell more than 15 000 albums... but hopefully the upcoming single release should keep her safe .

Edit:

One thing is sure! The last few days of promo definitely had an great impact on my youtube channel! It's skyrocketing!

nice...

so bad that the all likes on Alizées FB and twitter have no impact on sales

Old 04-07-2013, 10:56 AM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Who cares Sony?
Yes they have uploaded the songs but there are so many crazy idiot "fans" too who have already uploaded immediately after the releasing of 5... And yeah unfortunately Sony doesn't advertise at all album outside of France. About this album and Alizée herself too! only know those who are interested in Alizee. She could be famous in so many countries where she may have more loyal fans...

Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Looking at that views chart I'm absolutely amazed at the number of American and Mexican fans that have hit your page. We knew she had a pretty nice following in Mexico but I've always felt her American fans were just a minor blip on the radar when it came to Alizée's music. Well your page view statistics have proved that theory completely wrong.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Have you mentioned your channel and videos on any of the fan forums in Mexico, or just here and at AF? Also, perhaps not having subtitles in Spanish reduces hits.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle Katherine View Post
Who cares Sony?
Yes they have uploaded the songs but there are so many crazy idiot "fans" too who have already uploaded immediately after the releasing of 5...
those crazy idiot "fans" are 99% just honest people who want to share Alizée with the rest of the world. If you still think that community-shared copy of the album is to be blamed for poor sales, then you are very short-sighted when it comes to torrents and such stuff.
The same goes to uploading music to youtube by Sony - what do you want them to do, stick to 90s marketing strategies, release album first in France, then after some months in rest of Europe and then after some years throughout the world and strategies like that? Nope, that won't work today.

People WILL copy it, get used to that, and don't blame those who share Alizée stuff online, blame those who don't like it and don't want to buy it. To be honest, one can identify many reasons why this album is not as popular as it could be, starting with her childish voice. Just enjoy her and don't be so upset if she isn't successful in sales - even commercial music is supposed to be art so if something isn't selling well, that doesn't mean that we should give up - just look at UEDS.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)

Last edited by Marka; 04-07-2013 at 02:20 PM..

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...