Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée Fandomness

I've been searching the forums for a thread like this, and not having found one, here goes.

I've wanted to be able to discuss some of the aspects of being a fan. I've found it can be a complicated experience, not that it has to be. I hope to occasionally post thoughts and ideas about fandom and learn about other fans' experiences as well. Many aspects of it can be personal but some may be universal.

Edit:

This evening I was visiting some friends and one of those entertainment shows was on, where they interview celebrities and spread gossip, etc. They were interviewing a English speaking recording artist who is preparing to go on tour. I have no interest in the artist, the music, or the tour, but I noticed that I immediately understood what was being said, and picked up on all the gestures and meanings, and context. That doesn't happen to me with Alizée interviews. It made me realize how much I fail to interpret from her interviews, even with translations. I think it helps extend some of the mystery that surrounds her to me. Even though so much about her is evident from reading about her and from translations. Of course we (think we) perceive so much insight into her personality from watching her in interviews and on programs, and even from how she interacts with the spectators while performing. I still felt tonight that the language/culture barrier may be either blocking or clouding a more complete 'understanding' of Alizée to me.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 11-13-2012 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
fan experiences