Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
She barely knew English back in 1999.

Singing a song doesn't require knowledge of language. You just need to imitate someone who knows how to pronounce correctly.
Have you downloaded and watched this DVD? She was like 13-14 singing and talking in her high school plays and its perfect english. She did not miss a beat. Which again makes me wonder does she know more english then we think?

Anyone else see this DVD? It's amazing! Great Job! What a gem to add to my collection. I cant wait for more parts in the future.

-Brian
Old 04-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAlizeeFan View Post
Have you downloaded and watched this DVD?
Thanks for asking, but I have seen the videos few years ago already and regulary every few weeks after it.

But of course I checked Homer's progress with this project, too, since I'm part of the project, too. (tho, all credits for this video goest to Homer. I did only some timing of the videos)

Quote:
She was like 13-14 singing and talking in her high school plays and its perfect english.
Yes, she was 12 - 13 years old during the plays on the Homer's video, since they were hold in June, in years 1997, 1998. From two different years, from two different plays. One themed after Wizard Oz, the other themed as "The castle of Varnemont" (whatever that is). She did also other plays but they are not on the video, because only one of thme exists on video anyways and you can barely recognize her in it (it's most likely from June 1999). From other years, 1990 to 1996, only photos exists from few years.

And no, they are not high school plays. They are from her dance school, L'école du Spectacle de Monique Mufraggi (also known as L'école de danse de Monique Mufraggi).

The guy who "leaked" them on the net, at the December of 2004, was member of Alizée-forum and participated in the same dance school as Alizée. You can see also him on the video. In the Wizard Oz play, he plays the Lion.

Quote:
She did not miss a beat. Which again makes me wonder does she know more english then we think?
She may not miss a beat but she forgot words during Summertime. Which "surprisingly" is English song.

And again, she sings. Not speak.

And she sings in English only Summer time and Stand by me. The rest of the songs are French songs.

She speaks only French on those videos. And doesn't much speak anyways. Mostly just during the Wizard Oz play.

Last edited by RMJ; 04-14-2007 at 10:08 AM..
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

The videos are wonderful. They are both new to me, I've watched them several times and they look great on a HD TV.

Is there even a text file script of the narration? Subtitles would be good but even reading the narration would be adequate for me.

Thank you,
lowbeam
Old 04-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

The subtitles for the video is on process. They will be done on many languages, including English.

You can see the introduction video on google with French subtitles already (don't remember the link right now).
Old 04-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Have you downloaded and watched this DVD? She was like 13-14 singing and talking in her high school plays and its perfect english. She did not miss a beat. Which again makes me wonder does she know more english then we think?
She does NOW, but I seriously doubt that she did THEN. As far as I know she only began studying English while working on the MCE album. It might have been earlier, but not as early as 13 years old. It definitely was after she became a professional singer. So RMJ is almost certainly right.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

It was once upon a time on an island south of France, with approximately 272,200 inhabitants, of which only one interested us. This island is called Corsica, which is also known as “The Island of the Continent” (for its greatness), “The Mountain Upon the Sea” (for its mountainous countryside) and as… “The Island of Beauty”. While the beauty being referred to is that of the island itself, in our case, this beauty could also be referring to that of the protagonist of our tale, who was born, lived, and grew up in Ajaccio, the cradle of another illustrious person: Napoleon Bonaparte. Our protagonist, like him, has also conquered Europe.

Ajaccio, where the protagonist of this fairytale is born, is the capital of the county of Southern Corsica (2A) on the West Coast of Corsica, at the bottom of the Gulf of Ajaccio. The community itself stretches across the northern shores of the gulf, between Gravona and the Bloody Islands (included). Many beaches and creeks border its territory of which the western region is particularly rugged (highest point: 790 m). There are approximately 60,000 inhabitants, and here are some photos…

Alizée was born on the 21st of August, 1984, in Ajaccio, and even with the success that she has realized, she has always lived there, even though she was forced to stay in Paris for long periods of time for work. Her parents gave her this name, Alizée, like the wind, because of the passion that they had for windsurfing.

Alizée’s talent for music and the performing arts started at a young age, because at only the age of 4 she started to take dance classes, with all styles, like classical ballet, jazz, clapperboard dancing, flamenco, and everything that is related to the world of performing arts under the tutelage of Patrick Fiori (She even played the principal role for Pochahontas there in 1996)…
Afterwards, in 1997, she also studied singing and interpretation, in part to conquer her shyness, like she said on one occasion, in “The School of the Performing Arts”, in Ajaccio, under the direction of Monique Mufraggi. Despite this she does not seem like the typical little girl who always dreamt of being an artist: “When I was little, I loved to draw, dance… but this was no longer the most important thing in her life”. At the age of 11 (in 1995) she participated in a drawing contest, which involved making a drawing that would be put on a plane. Given that she read “The Little Prince” at this time, she was inspired by this book to draw stars and planets upon a blue background for this plane. Our little darling won, against 6,000 other contestants, and today this plane is still the same way she drew it, including her name. Following this contest she also won a trip to the Maldives. This is one of the sweetest memories of her childhood, and she talks about it in many interviews.

A few years went by during which she lived a normal childhood, a childhood that only left great memories :”I spent my time on the beach, swimming in the sea, I went to parties with my friends in places far away from tourist beaches…”

But this tranquil and calm life was soon to come to a stop to start a fairytale…
Old 04-16-2007, 08:03 AM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

garçoncanadien,

Thank you very much for the translation. I really appreciate how you and others who understand French/Spanish translate for the rest of us.

Last edited by lowbeam; 04-16-2007 at 01:42 PM..
Old 04-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Finally dl'd this and got it working. Nice episode, I'm waitin for more
Old 06-04-2007, 02:50 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
the other parts of the video are a work in progress
Canadian Boy (I just learned what garçon means), is there any word about the next installment of Homer's Alizée Chronology?
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

no recent news