because there's no way they'd drown out Her voice in every single song
Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I'm beginning to think something may be wrong with my computer,

because there's no way they'd drown out Her voice in every single song
But, can't you hear it nevertheless, through the veil?

Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 PM

CALJ35 is on a distinguished road

I've hoped for a long time that Alizee would prove that she is an artist and a singer--the combination is rare. This new album shows that she has not reached that goal and I hate to say it, but I don't think she will get there. And, there is certainly nothing wrong with being a great singer and performer. I suspect that her label pretty much insisted on an album within a short period--these songs seem rushed and regrettably the same. I can barely make out Alizee's voice on most of them. I believe that pop music is very much underrated and even dismissed. Alizee's first three albums have a lot of songs that I consider pop genuis. She should show us again that it is a great music medium and that she has no qualms about being a part of it.

Last edited by CALJ35; 02-26-2010 at 10:57 PM..
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

From the clips on there I think there is something big missing - some songs with a good beat that you can't help but move with. Now unless the pace picks up at the end like most of them did with Laurent Boutonnat composing them I'm not sure how attractive this album will be to the mainstream audience.

Psych was a very artistic album, and I don't think she can afford to come out with another that's too fancy/soft that most people might not take to.

As a guy who likes electronica and trance music this is slow by my standards. Sure her voice is soothing as always, but there has to be some faster beats in there that are also unique.

I'm not gonna rule anything out yet but I think she is sacrificing success for her personal taste, and I do respect that. But I think we all want her to be successful right now, and if she really needs the $ this might be a problem.

Last edited by HelixSix; 02-27-2010 at 03:20 AM..
Old 02-26-2010, 11:33 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It seems to me though, that these songs sound like they will be difficult to sing in a live situation.
When playback is used it's not quite an issue anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALJ35 View Post
I suspect that her label pretty much insisted on an album within a short period--these songs seem rushed and regrettably the same.
A year and a half is hardly rushed.

And just because something is electronic doesn't make it Techno. Just seen that term slung around a bit and it is far from Techno.

Regards,

Jung

Old 02-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
From the clips on there I think there is something big missing - some songs with a good beat that you can't help but move with. Now unless the pace picks up at the end like most of them did with Laurent Boutonnat composing them I'm not sure how attractive this album will be to the mainstream audience.

Psych was a very artistic album, and I don't think she can afford to come out with another that's too fancy/soft that most people might not take to.

As a guy who likes electronica and trance music this is slow by my standards. Sure her voice is soothing as always, but there has to be some faster beats in there that are also unique.

I'm not gonna rule anything out yet but I think she is sacrificing her own personal taste for success, and I really respect that. But I think we all want her to be successful right now, and if she really needs the $ this might be a problem.
Well, I can't really argue with you. You know your own personal tastes. And I also worry that this album may not appeal to the mainstream.

If I understood you correctly, I believe you meant to say she is sacrificing success to satisfy her own personal taste. I think Alizée is a very stubborn and headstrong woman, and no one in the world would be able to convince her that she is doing the wrong thing once she sets her mind to it.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:49 PM

alizeeindia is on a distinguished road

Eden Eden reminds me of Par Les Paupiya. Overall, the album seems good but a little slow.

www.alizee.in ....... www.moi-alizee.in
www.alizee-india.com ....... www.alizeeindia.com
Old 02-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking Amazing!!!!

Definitely the solid album we were all waiting for....I love hitting "Tout écouter"!!! I love December 14th, o and wait....all of them!!!!*screaming like a 12-year old girl*
Old 02-27-2010, 12:54 AM

desmodromic is on a distinguished road

I love it and have no complaints! I'm a true fan with nothing negative to say.... ever.
Track 10 is especially soothing.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

LOL oh my, it looks like Her Grace's sorcery is in high gear, and claiming victim after bedazzled victim. That naughty girl.

This is an interesting sound. I'll have to hear the songs in full to say much more, though. It's really hard to get a full appreciation from these little snippets. I will say that I'm glad she's singing in the low registers again, I missed that. And I like the electro-pop direction.

Good going so far!

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716