Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Cool Marseilles in '85

I can't comment on it now, but my ship (USS Aylwin, FF-1081) had a collision at sea with the USS Seattle (AOE-3, I think) when we were doing underway replenishment in the Med. No one killed, and only 3 minor injuries on our ship, but the helecopter deck, two of our topside passageways and a couple of davits were prettly well crushed (and our captains gig ((small boat)).

We eneded up going to Marseilles for repairs about 3 weeks later, and ended up spending 33 days in port (REALLY unusuall for deployed ships to spend that much time, at one time in port).

We were given very specific instructions to stay out of certain parts of the city, not to accept "gifts" that hadn't come through the USO, and under NO circumstances to get involved with any of the drug-culture. While we were there, we had several instances of sailors getting mugged, bar fights and things like that. However, the people that followed the suggestions had a GREAT time in the city.

We were there for "Bastille Day", and i met up with a really nice group of people that basically took several of us (sailors) under their wing and showed us the city, got us to try LOTS of different foods (I love Escargot, and HATE calamari!!), and showed us several good bars, disco's and restaurants. Guess the difference is if your wandering around not knowing anything, or if you have friends/guides. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Ed
Old 05-06-2007, 05:19 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhehe View Post
so is it just me or does it look as the the french really don't controlthe area or just not ome of the most populated of them there? am i getting this right?
Think of some cities in the deep southwest, right near the border -- some cities have 80-90%, direct mexican immigrants or descendents. Even some larger sities have high proportions of 'non stock americans' (i think San Antonio has like 60% latin americans). Also, in south florida, some cities have high proportions of cubans (miami is pretty high). What we have to realize is that even though the immigrants aren't from long linneages of americans, that now that they live here, they truly are americans. So, in conclusion, everyone living in cities in america really is an american (barring illegal immigrants - and even then, the interpretation is up to you depening on your stance on illegal immigration); AND in France, everyone living in a french city should be considered french, even if it is an 'adopted' nationality.

dicalaimer: please don't think i'm racist by what i said in the first part of the paragraph above. I have all the respect for peoples from other countries, I'm just trying to illustrate a point.
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:23 PM
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
my ship (USS Aylwin, FF-1081) had a collision at sea with the USS Seattle (AOE-3, I think) when we were doing underway replenishment in the Med.
Ed, what years were you in the Navy and what ships were you on? What did you do?

-just interested (thinking about mabye doing Navy ROTC in college)
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.

Last edited by theit77; 05-07-2007 at 04:49 PM..
Old 05-07-2007, 01:25 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianh View Post
...and she really has a tinkerbell tatoo on her back! (in color, too pretty!)

Et sur son dos, un tatouage.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
<<My cat watching Alizee

Alizee_is_Scottish! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
Ed, what years were you in the Navy and what ships were you on? What did you do?

-just interested (thinking about maby doing Navy ROTC in college)
theit77 - go for it mate, I did nine years in the Royal Navy as a stoker (engine room mechanic). I don't regret a minute of it, great when you are young.

My first foreign run ashore was a certain Ajaccio in Corsica - spooky!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Did she ever post in AFC? it's been a week now...
Old 05-08-2007, 11:53 PM

NYMedStudent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
Did she ever post in AFC? it's been a week now...
I heard she posted once in KFC... they have a very small forum so noone really noticed.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:50 AM
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMedStudent View Post
I heard she posted once in KFC... they have a very small forum so noone really noticed.
KFC, huh? which forum is that?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 AM

paleddy62 is on a distinguished road
Default Lol

Lol :d :d :d
Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

KFC!? wtf? U must be hungry or something. To my knowledge, she's never posted on a website/forum..except her hand written message she left for nidalizee. And if she has, people would have either ripped that person for pretending to be her..or ignored it all together. On her original website, which is no longer active...she may have left messages for her fans...someone could probably confirm this...i.e. snatcher or rmj.