Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 04:46 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well it's been another incredibly busy day after a long list of many. I've contacted several people today. First of all Virgin to thank them for allowing this to happening. Second of all, that San Francisco tv station, in the hopes they might air something and thus spread the word of Lilly. My company newspaper, again to try and spread the word and the local town newspaper for the same reason.

Tomorrow will be a busy family day, but monday, I hope to put things together for mailing things out and tuesday will probably be the day that I get several of the cd's mailed.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks for the update Scruff!

And I was wondering. If I did get the CD signed but you didn't send me a PM is that just cause you haven't gotten down the list to me yet? And no rush don't worry. I can wait forever for this, not really though Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 04:51 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Same here (Although I've only been listening to her for almost a year now. Still don't see me getting tired of her anytime soon though.). Is there anyone who has ever got bored or tired of listening to Alizée??? Oh, the shame if anyone ever has lol
Yep. In fact she has lost legions of fans over the years.
She was once a mega star in france, now she is a virtual nobody who is struggling to be noticed again.
And it is by no means sure that she will be successful, initial album sales don't look promising if the I-tunes album charts are any indicator.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:58 PM

I sent Ben an e-mail of the costs of mailing the cd's. If he's okay with everything, he'll post a price and those of you who were notified can start sending me or Ben your addresses tonight, depending on what he decides.

I think this would be a really good occassion to make a donation to the forum. About a year ago, things were very slow in the forum and there was discussion about the finances. At that time, there were mostly a bunch of younger members making comments such as, after I pay my tuition, I'll make a donation. It was obvious the members that were active at that time, did not have a lot to contribute. So I thought Ben was probably paying much more than his fair share to keep this forum going. So I donated often, more than your average fan should have to donate, because I thought it was important to keep this forum going. I thought once the new album was released, donations will pick up. The only problem being is Ben does not seem to be the type to complain, until things are getting desperate. So if you can contibute a few bucks, please do. If it wasn't for this website that was saved by Ben, we would not have been able to participate in this awesome opportunity.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:58 PM

I doubt the French do iTunes. They seem like a "Go and buy the CD" or "What?!We can get this for free online?!" type people...but isn't that what we all are? Except the fact that iTunes US has sold 10,000,000,000 songs
Old 04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Yep. In fact she has lost legions of fans over the years.
She was once a mega star in france, now she is a virtual nobody who is struggling to be noticed again.
And it is by no means sure that she will be successful, initial album sales don't look promising if the I-tunes album charts are any indicator.
This makes me sad I guess one day when I've got millions of dollars I'll be sure to more than enough help her out with her sales and things
Old 04-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I sent Ben an e-mail of the costs of mailing the cd's. If he's okay with everything, he'll post a price and those of you who were notified can start sending me or Ben your addresses tonight, depending on what he decides.

So if you can contibute a few bucks, please do. If it wasn't for this website that was saved by Ben, we would not have been able to participate in this awesome opportunity.
K sounds good Scruff with the pricethanks!

And yes I will try and contribute a few bucks because the people that keep this forum going[Ben,Scruff, and Co.] probably have had to contribute more than the regular share. So thankyou guys for keeping this amazing site running so people like me can enjoy it Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 05:03 PM

I've been tremendously busy for the past few days and it looks like I'll be busy for the next several. I haven't had time to respond to pm's. I will try and mail out the first cd's tuesday.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:06 PM

waterski95 is on a distinguished road

I'm really happy for Scruffy and everybody but I just think this is unfair. I was on the 3rd page on the other thread for signing up for the autographs. I joined AlizeeAmerica way before march and I have 50+ posts. If you weren't even going to look at the signup thread you made, what was the point of making it?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:12 PM

AfriqueDuSud is on a distinguished road

Hey buds,

Well done on pulling this off, yeah signed CD's are nice, but whatever. I am more interested in other gears that have been set in motion.

If she ends up coming to the US for a whistlestop visit as alluded at in the video then I have no doubt that this was one of the pivotal moments that made it happen.

Regards
Kodefreez - blogger at Alizée South Africa
Closed Thread