Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-28-2010, 09:20 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road

uh, isnt she doing that song a little 2 death? there's a reason people say im fed up lol :P.

oh yah greetings my bros, and sis's of AA, outlaws back wit a new location: aloha!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:28 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
uh, isnt she doing that song a little 2 death? there's a reason people say im fed up lol :P.

oh yah greetings my bros, and sis's of AA, outlaws back wit a new location: aloha!
LOLNO
Old 05-29-2010, 02:19 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Red face I'm not sayin much, just quoting some experts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
The thing that's different about all of this is that it wasn't Alizée's music that she came up with. She participated like an actress. Now, sure, some actors, like those in Star Trek, still play on those roles that they did decades ago and were famous for, but I guess Alizée didn't see it that way. She was pretty young for one thing and didn't have any peers involved in the same endeavor for another. So, her situation was different. I guess that doesn't matter though for what the people want, just for what feels right to her.
Roman, when you refer to Star Trek actors still doing the same roles, do you mean like when they show up at those sci-fi fan conventions to make a couple bucks? Isn't that just the most pathetic thing in the galaxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
She is trying to make it on her own and move past the the Mylene induced lolita image. She would basically be selling her dignity and all the progress she's made. I don't think she'd do it even if she was desperate for money.

So should she live her life and focus on what she wants or succumb to overly greedy fans and what they want?

And if she did do JEAM again do people honestly think it is going to compare to how it was then? It would sound different, her clothes and appearance would be very different and her heart would not be in it.
Good answer, Helix, I totally and heartily agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
That's a very good point. If she does JEAM, then it would remind people of old days and they would compare both. We know what happened in Mexico. People were expecting the her that old image and they were disappointed when they saw something different.
Yes, whether she chooses JEAM or not, her concert would be a good one to attend.
Merci, Merci Alizée! Hiya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post

Right on, Outlaw. Are you in the pineapple state now? If so, wow! Way t'go!

Ultimately, the "Acoustic" performance of JEAM impressed me as being Lili's farewell version of the song. My humble opinion is a very confident NO, she will never again don the sailor suit for this song, nor will she ever do the "night elf" dance again, either. That's what youtube's for, so people should go watch the old performances there if that's what they're really hung up on. Or, better yet, they should invent a nice personal time machine, cause they're already livin' in the past. Meanwhile Alizée's been trying her hardest to reestablish herself as an artist of the present, and (hopefully) the future.

How come no one's clamoring for her to do "I'm Not Twenty" again? Because I think you all realize that it would appear ridiculous. The same would apply to this song as well.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:21 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

How come no one's clamoring for her to do "I'm Not Twenty" again? Because I think you all realize that it would appear ridiculous. The same would apply to this song as well.
self explanatory.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:29 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
She is trying to make it on her own and move past the the Mylene induced lolita image. She would basically be selling her dignity and all the progress she's made. I don't think she'd do it even if she was desperate for money.

So should she live her life and focus on what she wants or succumb to overly greedy fans and what they want?

And if she did do JEAM again do people honestly think it is going to compare to how it was then? It would sound different, her clothes and appearance would be very different and her heart would not be in it.
Exactly! Very, very good point there... the only way we will see JEAM again in the future is in a radically altered version (like the one she performed on the acoustic show a couple of years ago). This way she can come to a compromise in order to satisfy the fans who want to hear one of their favourite songs again, but also not revert back to the Lolita image she has tried so hard to distance herself from these past years. Although I, like most people on his forum I imagine, prefer the original JEAM to the subsequent Psyhédélices remastering, I understand totally why she feels she wants to perform it in such a radically different way. Anyone who still wishes she would perform it in the boots with the dance needs to accept that she's a grown woman now, and like Helix said, seeing her perform the song in the original style wouldn't compare to how she did it in 2003, and wouldn't feel right at all- for both her and her fans.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Well, this was quite an amazing thread earlier this year. And I found it while trying to find the thread for my 3000th post...and so hopefully this bump will help some newer people read it. Hope you enjoy

Post #4,000

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/43FFCLZt4SM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/43FFCLZt4SM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

One of Scruff's best vids right there
Old 11-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
My humble opinion is a very confident NO, she will never again don the sailor suit for this song, nor will she ever do the "night elf" dance again, either.
Except in a private show for Jeremy...

Old 11-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

We all know that haha
Old 11-26-2010, 07:30 AM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
might be teaching to Annily

Edit:

So will she JEAM again in Les Enfoirés 2011 ?

Last edited by Aayush; 11-26-2010 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayush View Post
might be teaching to Annily

Edit:

So will she JEAM again in Les Enfoirés 2011 ?
I'm not set into this, but even if she does I doubt it'll be with the dress and high shoes. It'll be more like the acoustic version that she did recently (2006-2007?) but with more of "it".

As much as I'd like to see her do it one final time I think she's put the dress and shoes in the closet to stay there.

Tags
acoustic, alizee, jeam