Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
I'm sorry for being an ass and pissing everyone off. That's just how I am.

But then again, sometimes those who gets pissed off should think, too, if there's actual reason to get pissed off...

But I'm sorry anyways... won't happen again.
Ok, I followed that thread through from start to finish.... RMJ - you may have an encyclopedic knowledge of Alizée, but you need to learn or practice a little bit of diplomacy!

You post a thread apologizing, then in the next sentence insult peeps again? Not conducive to a quick healing...

I wish you luck man.

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-07-2007, 08:11 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Maybe RMJ can read some of these responses and take something from it. It isn't just one person. Everyone should just go ahead and say what they think (without being vicious).

I know he doesn't want to be cut off from here, and i don't want to be the one to cut him off, we will see how it goes.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

A forum is a place where ideas and thoughts are exchanged. Sometimes we get more passionate in displaying those thoughts and ideas.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

"Not only is it extremely cruel to persecute in this brief life those who do not think the way we do, but I do not know if it might be too presumptuous to declare their eternal damnation." - Voltaire's Treatise on Toleration
Old 11-07-2007, 08:43 AM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

I've been a big fan for over a year, but have only participated in the community since August. I can tell you my first impressions as a new member and hopefully it will help.

For the first month or so I had no idea who RMJ was, all I knew is this seemed to be a very caring and helpful community, the only exception I noticed was RMJ. At first I just thought he was some random guy being a jerk to everyone, then I learned how much he has contributed to the Alizée community, and his vast knowledge of just about everything to do with her.

Naturally my respect went up for someone giving so much time to an artist that I love so much, but for about the first month I would never post in a thread that RMJ has been active in....as a brand new member I just didn't want to get ridiculed for some mistake I might make in my post. Personally I just don't think a long term member of the community should make others feel like that...and I know I'm not the only one.

It's just always suprised me that someone who spends so much time studying, listening, collecting, contributing ect to Alizée can come off as being so arrogant and stubborn in almost everything he posts. I would think some of her charm would make you a little nicer. RMJ you say you are joking some of the time, but no one seems to get the jokes except for you..

But anyway...I don't hold any grudges or anything, I would just like to see you come off a little more nice and tolerant in your posts RMJ, so despite the suspicious wording of your apology..I accept it.

Last edited by Calisto; 11-07-2007 at 06:20 PM..
Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 AM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

we are what we are man...

"Love me for being me,
Cuz i cant change it
Cant rearrange it
I am what I am
So Love me for being me"

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 11-07-2007, 10:11 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

I take it the "offending" remark was deleted from the subject thread, as I can find nothing from RMJ in the Lili thread that I found out of bounds. Of course, I'm not the ultimate judge in these matters, and I respect our moderator's desire to maintain a certain level of civility in this forum.

I guess part of my view comes from the fact I particpate in some forums where nothing is taboo. Expect to get called anything and everything under the sun. Coming from a forum like that, this forum is like candy land, even when RMJ goes off. On the flip side, I'm also a moderator on a family friendly forum, and the rules CHANGE CONSIDERABLY. So I learn to play by the rules of those who are masters of the forum. Every forum is different.

Remaining civil when one is the subject of an uncivil act is one of the great milestones a person reaches in their life. There are times when a response may be necessary. But to remain calm, holding return fire...that take maturity. What better place to learn it but in a place of words and ideas. A forum like this.

Cheerio.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

well all of us are sometimes rude to others. only things i must to know how and when to say sorry. not everybody is able to do that. and not everybody wants to have friends as it seems so...

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
I'm sorry for being an ass and pissing everyone off. That's just how I am.

But then again, sometimes those who gets pissed off should think, too, if there's actual reason to get pissed off...

But I'm sorry anyways... won't happen again.
Some apology!..."I'm sorry...no, not really. LOL...anywayz, i read RMJ's comments that caused this stir. Could hardly believe what i was reading. He is what he is, guyz. Can't change that! Accept things at face value; when u do that...you'll see who they really are...and sometimes there isn't much there.

Good luck to you, RMJ. Lets put this to rest PLEASE and move on....

Last edited by JCC; 11-07-2007 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: lock/delete thread?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:59 AM
evil member!!

jeroh is on a distinguished road

Wiki boy is getting pretty soft huh...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:25 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

A bit of advice about life...and people...in general, that I've gathered over many years of personal experience.

Many times the "negative" parts of a person are intertwined with those aspects that we find "positive" in that person. This can apply to talents as well as personality. Sometimes there is a genetic link. Sometimes, it's cultural. Sometimes it's environment. If we desire to maintain the positive contribution of a fellow person, we must be careful in how we subdue any negative contributions. The two may be related and, in some cases, inseperable. To destroy or inhibit the negative will likewise destroy or inhibit the positive.

So it is important to keep this in mind. If the postive outweighs the negative, sometimes it is better to live with the negative in order to gain the greater benefit from the positive. Or, perhaps find a path to deal with the negative without unduly impacting the positive.