Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 PM

painbringer is on a distinguished road

ok just read that lili pronounce thing

dont take this as me attacking you RMJ but i'm sure you know why you act the way you do and if you dont then I can tell you

once you become aware of why you do what you do then you can fix it
Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I just went and read the entire Lili thread. It got to the point of being hilarious at how some people got sucked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
I'm sorry for being an ass and pissing everyone off. That's just how I am.

But then again, sometimes those who gets pissed off should think, too, if there's actual reason to get pissed off...
You are who you are. Because you are so highly regarded for your Alizée knowledge, many give your words more weight then they deserve when you are just being bitchy. It would be helpful if you could somehow let them know when you are not being so serious (for example, the smilies do help in this regard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
But I'm sorry anyways... won't happen again.
Of course it will. You will be you, and due to the limitations of e-mail as a vehicle for communication, as well as the international makeup of the community, you will be misunderstood again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Ok, I followed that thread through from start to finish.... RMJ - you may have an encyclopedic knowledge of Alizée, but you need to learn or practice a little bit of diplomacy!
Think of yourself as a representative of Alizée (because you are - always). Imagine how she greets her fans. As her representative, don't you want to make sure you come across as she would want you to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
It's just always suprised me that someone who spends so much time studying, listening, collecting, contributing ect to Alizée can come off as being so arrogant and stubborn in almost everything he posts. I would think some of her charm would make you a little nicer. RMJ you say you are joking some of the time, but no one seems to get the jokes except for you..
Sometimes you want to demand the respect you have earned by your knowledge, while at other times you just want to have fun (and often there is a mix of both). The problem is that others often can't tell which you is speaking.
As this is an international forum, many will simply not "get it" unless you spell it out.

I hope you learn how to, as I, for one, enjoy and benefit from having you here.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 AM

painbringer is on a distinguished road

RMJ just wants validation...easy to profile(i say it not to upset you tho you can attack me if you want)

once he gets that validation then he can be secure and be in a good place and it will be reflected in his behaviour... in this case his "unconscious" posts

simple "elitist" behaviour

COME ON RMJ BRING IT BRING IT

just kidding dude
Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 AM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I just went and read the entire Lili thread. It got to the point of being hilarious at how some people got sucked in.
Rev I usually agree with most of your posts...but not this one.

No one is getting "sucked in" to anything, people just get tired of having arrogant negative remarks thrown at them. That is really all it comes down to.

Quote:
As this is an international forum, many will simply not "get it" unless you spell it out.
Look through this thread and others, even the very old members here and other mods tire of his attitude...hell it looks like just about everyone does. I don't think the fact that this is an international forum is what stops people from "getting it". I think the only thing people want his just for him to come off as a little more tolerant. Flaunting knowledge that you've learned is great, but it doesn't have to be done in a way that offends just about everyone. Look at Fsquared's post in the Lili thread explaining the phonetics if you want an ideal example.

But personally this isn't that big of a deal to me, he has apologized, and even if he still continues to "be an ass" it won't be anything new like others have said..I will still have respect for him and love his contributions, and the occasional posts that are positive and informative.

Last edited by Calisto; 11-08-2007 at 01:02 AM..
Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

RMJ, i could care less for your half-assed apology, its just gonna happen again. you and i have been down this road on several occassions, and we're just going around in circles. maybe these guys see what value you are to the site, but i sure as hell dont. personally, i think this site would do better without you. apology threads like these are ridiculous, and anybody else would have been kicked out the front door a long time before given such a chance.

i wish i could say more. but ill stop here before i start sounding too vicious.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

eh..this isn't the only alizee forum around. if he doesn't like the people here enough to show decency, theres other places to hang out. you mods just do what needs to be done, but don't expect him to stop being an ass. although i don't really care when he's being an ass (i just ignore it), i can see that if it prevents other members from wanting to participate in forums, that's a serious problem and needs to be dealt with.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
Rev I usually agree with most of your posts...but not this one.

No one is getting "sucked in" to anything, people just get tired of having arrogant negative remarks thrown at them. That is really all it comes down to.

Look through this thread and others, even the very old members here and other mods tire of his attitude...hell it looks like just about everyone does. I don't think the fact that this is an international forum is what stops people from "getting it". I think the only thing people want his just for him to come off as a little more tolerant. Flaunting knowledge that you've learned is great, but it doesn't have to be done in a way that offends just about everyone. Look at Fsquared's post in the Lili thread explaining the phonetics if you want an ideal example.

But personally this isn't that big of a deal to me, he has apologized, and even if he still continues to "be an ass" it won't be anything new like others have said..I will still have respect for him and love his contributions, and the occasional posts that are positive and informative.
I just wrote a long response, but the Internet "burped" and it disappeared into the ether.

Let's try again.

First of all, all the comments I made in that post were directed to RMJ and only RMJ. If you thought the comments I made under your paragraph were directed to you then please accept my apology for not being clearer.

I almost deleted the first line of my post, but decided not to as I wanted to make the comment that the interaction of human egos can be very entertaining. RMJ was being difficult, and person after person ended up trying to straighten him out, when perhaps he should simply have been ignored.

My suggestion with regard to his posts - Take the best and leave the rest.

However, new people will not know to do this. I hope RMJ learns to temper his method of expression as he has a lot to offer.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:50 AM
<<My cat watching Alizee

Alizee_is_Scottish! is on a distinguished road

If RMJ annoys you, just shout 'Lilly, Lilly, Lilly' at the screen.

I know he can hear me. The voices in my head tell me so.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee_is_Scottish! View Post
If RMJ annoys you, just shout 'Lilly, Lilly, Lilly' at the screen.

I know he can hear me. The voices in my head tell me so.
Aahahahahahahah!

Oh, GOOD ONE!

I rofl'd in r/l! My wife went "What the hell"?

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-08-2007, 09:53 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

WORDS WORDS WORDS!! Let's just take him out back and give him a good ol' fashion ass whuppin'
Closed Thread