Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Ghosts: No
Extra terrestrials visiting us: No
Life elsewhere in the universe: Probably
Old 05-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Watching my dead uncle means i believe in Ghosts?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:34 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Ghost ? LOL .
yeah pretty anybody who has never had a ghostly encounter completely denies this.

Quote:
UFOs ? Nope...

Extra terrestrial life ? Yes.

Why only the latter ? Becaue it doen't really need any believing anyways. It's simple math. Universe is fucking big place so it's very unlikely that there's no life..
correct. its actually so big, that it goes on forever into infinity. which means theres also an infinite number of intelligent life, and also an infinite number of intelligent life that far excedes our own technology by thousands of years, or however many years. and yet, not a one has visited us?

Quote:
So, all odds are on extra terrestrial life (not necessary intelligent, but even that is very likely to exist).
But no, I don't believe there's UFOs and other shit. They are just stories..
stories, with plenty of video evidence to boot. so much video evidence and eye witnesses and other shit that brings a whole country, and the whole world for that matter, to talk about it. if its all one big hoax that's easily proven false, we wouldnt be here talking about it right now. there's just too much shit to completely deny any of it, and to say they are just "stories."

Quote:
If there would be another intelligence, advanced enough to travel billions of light years to here, we'd know of them, or we'd never heard of them. If they were hostile, we'd be long gone. If they were friendly, they'd never reveal themselves to us, or they would contact us directly, totally depending which would be better for üs.
an interesting point was made on a television show i saw years ago.

imagine a civilization such as our own, with the same technology as we have right now, with the same air crafts, space crafts, satellites, etc, living on another world like our own in another galaxy. easy enough.

now imagine a civilization that was once like our own, but are now 1000 years ahead of us on a technological scale. they have conquered space, and have mastered the technology effecient enough to travel billions of light years away from their own galaxy. of course. hell, why not make it 1000,000 years. imagine a civilization 1 million years ahead of us. thats some major technology we're talking about. if we had that kind of technology, we would certainly use it to visit other planets.

honestly, i think we're a bore to them. thats why they havent revealed themselves to us. if they found us interesting, why not land on the damn White House lawn and announce themselves to the whole world. they just drop by every once in a while to drive us up shit creek, and basically to fuck with us. hey, aliens have a sense of humor too.

EDIT: not to imply that Alizee would be a bore to an alien civilization. they havent seen the La Isla Bonita video yet, so no wonder they havent landed on the white house lawn

Last edited by nurvonic; 05-30-2007 at 08:46 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
correct. its actually so big, that it goes on forever into infinity. which means theres also an infinite number of intelligent life, and also an infinite number of intelligent life that far excedes our own technology by thousands of years, or however many years. and yet, not a one has visited us?
whats interesting about the universe being infinite is that, it IS infinite, but at the same time it is expanding, weird.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:49 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

AS REQUESTED:
The one in Prison was at Eastern State Penitentiary was more towards the evening when i visted, the central 'hub' i guess is where you can look down all the halls of the prison similtaneously, i was hoping to see some sort of spectre but instead i felt as if i was always seeing something out of the corner of my eye, never being fast enough to fully look. It's not a strong account, but i strongly belive something or someone was there.

The second was creepy, i was in my friends basement where him and I with a few other friends had a party, most of them went home, but i stayed the night, i crashed on the futon. when i woke up, things were a little but normal otherwise. then someone walked past me, i assumed it was my friend but instead it was a woman, she was clothed but it was as if she had been completely sliced in half a couple times, i was dead silient, she looked at me then left. i got up and went over to my friend lying in his bed, i asked him later about what happened, he said that he'd seen her too, idk if that true but he described the same woman. he perceded to tell me that one of the poeple that once owned the house was murdered and then sliced and stuffed into the huge AC vent in the wall... I've slept over a couple other times at his house but haven't seen her recently at all

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 05-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Bleh, one of my essays talked about this stuff. It had a scientific explanation (yet some speculation also) as to why its very probable that there's other life in the universe...

It goes something like this:
1. The big bang created matter.
2. From this matter, stars were born.
3. Planets are only here because of stars. Life is only here because of planets
4. Our star is young compared to others. What makes it so special to be the only star in the entire universe to foster life.

Then it goes on about how if our star is young, it is possible that there are life forms out there that are billions of years old; which could have flourished as our species has and then become extinct and then flourish again etc. And for fun, it talked about the 2nd law of thermodynamics...

So to answer your question, nurv...
Ghost: No. Unless I see one with my own eye or two.
UFOs: Flying saucepans or the top of dustbins caught in a small low pressure system.
Other life: Yes.

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 05-30-2007, 08:50 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

YES
YES
YES

i'm very gullible!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake498 View Post
AS REQUESTED:
The one in Prison was at Eastern State Penitentiary was more towards the evening when i visted, the central 'hub' i guess is where you can look down all the halls of the prison similtaneously, i was hoping to see some sort of spectre but instead i felt as if i was always seeing something out of the corner of my eye, never being fast enough to fully look. It's not a strong account, but i strongly belive something or someone was there.

The second was creepy, i was in my friends basement where him and I with a few other friends had a party, most of them went home, but i stayed the night, i crashed on the futon. when i woke up, things were a little but normal otherwise. then someone walked past me, i assumed it was my friend but instead it was a woman, she was clothed but it was as if she had been completely sliced in half a couple times, i was dead silient, she looked at me then left. i got up and went over to my friend lying in his bed, i asked him later about what happened, he said that he'd seen her too, idk if that true but he described the same woman. he perceded to tell me that one of the poeple that once owned the house was murdered and then sliced and stuffed into the huge AC vent in the wall... I've slept over a couple other times at his house but haven't seen her recently at all
Hehe... Love to believe it, but its all quite far-fetched to me, especially with the previous owner being murdered and such... Sounds like the TV show "Medium".

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thats amazazazing View Post
whats interesting about the universe being infinite is that, it IS infinite, but at the same time it is expanding, weird.
Actually, it is generally accepted in the current cosmology that the universe is finite; otherwise, the recent endeavors to measure the matter/energy/dark matter/dark energy content of the universe would be essentially meaningless. The universe is almost certainly finite, it just has no edge and there is no such thing as "outside" the universe. Anything that started with 0 volume (or plank volume, maybe) and expands at a finite rate has a finite size.

Last edited by CFHollister; 05-30-2007 at 09:01 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

Shit, I didn't read your post, Nurv haha. (Sorry to go all sciency...)

The TV show has some logic to it, but you have to think about what ifs. 1,000,000 years is a long time to speculate over whether the human race would even still exist (or whether we destroy each other in a world war or if we completely deplete the planet's resources and kill it ourselves)...

And space travel is very unlikely... In order to space travel, one has to be able to reach the speed of light. And when one does so, one becomes either blind, or life is lived at a faster pace depending on how fast you're travelling compared to the light.

Just for kicks... Pretend you're travelling at the speed of light. You're running towards something. The information, or light, coming from that something would get to you twice as fast now that you're running at the same speed as it is coming to you... right? (Think relative velocities here... think two cars going towards each other). But now if you're running AWAY from something, and you turn your head back to look at it, the information or light from that something will never catch you... So effectively, you'd be blind if you turned around - Trippy eh!

With all that said. Space travel is possible. But hyper-space travel is not. We accelerate particles to near light speeds, but that's different.

Tu es l'envie du monde