Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road
Default some fun things I found on the web....

while checking to see if there was any new newz on our favorite gal, I came across such a coincidence on her name:

The Alizee Hydro-massage bath...

http://www.digsdigs.com/nice-hydroma...by-stas-doyer/

check out the seemingly inspired Psychédélices color scheme in her favorite color!

I'm sure after a long concert schedule, Alizee wouldn't mind relaxing in a L'Alizee!

Another bit was trying to find out what folks eat at her native land..... very interesting.. and it puts to shame the near astronaut food (read: processed) us americans eat. In a nutshell, their food is local, sustainable, seasonal and they are even trying to reverse the industrialization of some of their food, i.e. poultry, back to land grazing. Their farming is also more of traditional peasant farming than industrial. Very interesting and gives nice insights to our favorite singer, and perhaps why she has such a balance of life and work.

http://www.corsica-isula.com/gastron...m#Introduction

Last edited by wildfire; 09-19-2009 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-19-2009, 05:31 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Heh, so term "Mon bain de mousse" acquires whole new meaning But this is just marketing trick.

Corsica is very calm island where time passes slowly, it has very much in common with Italy, it's island where people don't hurry everywhere and have a little bit different view on work And they have lovely climat

Btw. Topic would match rather to off-topic part
Old 09-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Century old child!

yes so true.. here in the states we just grind grind grind to own things that eventually end up owning us (yes, I know it a "fight club" reference, but the movie speaks truth).

I think the movie "up" has some great imagery of that.. the old man literaly dragging the old house behind him with allof his possessions until he finally "lets go"...

US:

corsica:

Last edited by wildfire; 09-19-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old 09-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Century old child!

lilytown? ;D
Old 09-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Another bit was trying to find out what folks eat at her native land..... very interesting.. and it puts to shame the near astronaut food (read: processed) us americans eat.
Speak for yourself, friend. I just bought a whole wild-caught salmon and will have part of that for dinner grilled with lemon-garlic-butter sauce, seasoned garlic potatoes, braised beet greens and a nice local microbrew. It's very possible to eat both healthy and natural in the U.S., you just have to take the time.

As far as cuisine of la Corse is concerned, I have a friend/correspondent in Paris who was born and grew up in Ajaccio and maybe I'll ask him some questions about that. Of course, he's a college student, not a chef . . . but we'll see.

(I'm dead certain the bath is named after Her Grace, probably in memory of JEAM, since they stuck the feminizing e at the end of l'alizé.)

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 09-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Speak for yourself, friend. I just bought a whole wild-caught salmon and will have part of that for dinner grilled with lemon-garlic-butter sauce, seasoned garlic potatoes, braised beet greens and a nice local microbrew. It's very possible to eat both healthy and natural in the U.S., you just have to take the time.
and a lot of that has to do with our culture...

nowadays it's not uncommon to have both parents working full time who rarely have the time to sit down to eat together, so it fits in perfectly to go out to eat or get a microwaveable meal or some crap..

What's the average workweek in France? like 36 hours or something crazy?
Old 09-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Century old child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

As far as cuisine of la Corse is concerned, I have a friend/correspondent in Paris who was born and grew up in Ajaccio and maybe I'll ask him some questions about that. Of course, he's a college student, not a chef . . . but we'll see.

(I'm dead certain the bath is named after Her Grace, probably in memory of JEAM, since they stuck the feminizing e at the end of l'alizé.)

I agree, but for instance, where I live in LA, most of the meats are farm raised not wild caught. Most of the eateries are franchises, not independent business, so they get cheap ingredients, and depending on your social status, if you are poor, you will not see a whole foods near your town, just popeyes chicken, macdonalds, etc, and the supermarkets carry sugary drinks instead nutritious drinks i.e. like that vitamin water which has crystalline fructose that makes your liver work harder to break down.

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/vitaminwater2.htm

yet this stuff is pimped as a healthy drink....

Marketing is food's selling point rather than its ingredients. so the food makers, especially fast food, work on creating foods that have the rare tastes that we crave i.e. salt and sweet, creamy, etc... You are literally engineered to crave these "rare" things from 100,000 of years of evolution. Plus these foods are not sustainable, damage the environment, limits out diet (less variety), and are often employ a near slave immigrant workforce... all to make the food plentiful and cheap, but not necessarily healthy. The real problem is that this is where our emphasis is: just make it cheap and plentiful, with considering what it does to our bodies and environment. This gets constantly pimped by our govt. Its destroyign small farm business because individually they can;t compete with "corporate" food. Some small farmer are banding together to keep theur small farming techniques but now have a unified presence like a large corporateiont.

Speak to most americans, and they don't care about this: our sense of entitlement thinks we should have the cheapest most abundant beef every day without regarding environment impact. Some english friends of mine that have immigrated hear treat beef abundance like a status symbol and they think any environment stuff is faggy chicken little panicking. Of course they all look like they are one hamburger away from a heart attack!

so what i;m talking about is also a cultural issue, not just an availability issue.

BTW, you had me at "Salmon"... my favorite!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I just found this on yahoo lol
http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question...9032233AAK17hd

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 09-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Century old child!

Aren't well AL Madona's children in a way....