Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty Old Man View Post
Well, for one thing, I could guarantee that this plane wouldn't be leaving from or headed to France, because France would be on my travel itinerary right after I wrapped up my week in Hell. So, maybe I could be forgiven since we wouldn't actually be in France, and if this custom of asking about family isn't some sort of horrific social sin wherever we happened to be, then taking offense would be out of place.

Just my usual luck ... trying to be polite, nice and civil ... only to have some woman think I'm a lower life form. And people wonder why I don't "try".

Fine. She can sit there and read a book the entire flight for all I care. And if that's rude, well, I learned it from the inventors of rude : the French.

But I'm not bitter.

Ali's been to many different countries, so I'm sure she'd understand. Just saying your chances of becoming a friend of hers is better if you... appeased*... her cultures rules of ettiquette.

*Yes, a dangerous word when describing the French.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 09-15-2006, 08:20 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Hey Aditya, I really like these senario type of threads. It gives us practice to see how we should conduct ourselves if we ever have the chance to meet Alizee.

I personally would try to calm myself down if she sat next to me; that's assuming that she's flying coach, not first class. You all know your heart would be beating so hard you could feel it in your throat!

I'd ask for an autograph probably after the flight. I wouldn't want her to think that she sat next to a crazy fan, which we all are. I'd try to get a feel (no not that kind) to see if she's sleepy or in the mood for sparking up a conversation. Who knows, maybe she might end up sleeping against my shoulder .

Conversation has to be spontaneous, no repeat questions the paparrazi asks. It's interesting what Shep stated, about not talking about her family. I'll have to remember that.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Conversation has to be spontaneous, no repeat questions the paparrazi asks. It's interesting what Shep stated, about not talking about her family. I'll have to remember that.
Yes, but it's also unconfirmed. My source for that information is Cybersoil and I'd be interested in getting it confirmed through aFrenchie or... a Frenchie...

Oh, and what you said about her on your shoulder? Yeesssss...
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 09-15-2006, 09:22 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep View Post
from what I hear questions about ones family from an aquaintence is considered rather bad manners in France
I never heard of that cliche about us yet. It's a new one for me! Oh well, if cybersoil told you that, then it must be true...

Quote:
Dunno about Corsica though.
Eh? Corsica is French, it's not another country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty Old Man View Post
the inventors of rude : the French.
This one I know it very well though. A die hard cliche for sure. But we all know that the French are also dirty, lazy, cowards, arrogant, pretentious, losers... And I surely forget a lot more.
I really really wonder how such an evil country can only exist!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
Eh? Corsica is French, it's not another country!
I know it's not another country, but it is a different region. Like Alaska's culture and Hawaii's culture isn't exactly like mainland US, I believe Corsica is kinda the same.

Oh, and I didn't say I believed Cybersoil, hence why I said it's unconfirmed. I dunno about anyone else, but I never take unconfirmed as fact.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep View Post
Like Alaska's culture and Hawaii's culture isn't exactly like mainland US, I believe Corsica is kinda the same.
No, Corsica is very close to mainland France and its culture is nearly the same! You could compare Alaska and Hawaii for the USA with Guadeloupe, Réunion or Martinique for France (sorry, I don't know if those also have a different name in English, like Corsica is actually Corse in French)
Old 09-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
No, Corsica is very close to mainland France and its culture is nearly the same! You could compare Alaska and Hawaii for the USA with Guadeloupe, Réunion or Martinique for France (sorry, I don't know if those also have a different name in English, like Corsica is actually Corse in French)
Interesting. I was under the impression that it was rather heavily influenced by Italian culture as well. I should consider my sources more carefully it seems.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if Alizée kept taking english lessons? That would pretty much dictate how/if this whole scenario would take place.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:17 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Guadeloupe and Martinique are the same in English, but I've never heard of the other region.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:20 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya8617 View Post
why and how would you say 'High', by giving her cocaine or something.
I ment hi and because would you want to be harrased by an obsessed fan