Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
According to France Gall, everyone knew it was about oral sex except her.
:-)
I doubt very much that France Gall didn’t know about the true meaning of the song. At the time she recorded Les Sucettes, she was involved with singer Claude François, who was, according to many reliable accounts, a sex machine. It is true that she did go in hiding for 2 weeks when the story came out, but she was most probably just upset at Gainsbourg (to the point of ceasing their association) who couldn’t resist revealing to the public the obvious, but yet cleverly wrapped oral sex connection. I believe she then had no choice but to pretend not knowing the true meaning of the song. What else could she have done. I doubt very much that Gall was so innocent, even if she did look the part.

And I think Alizée was also playing the innocent young woman while she knew pretty much everything about the sexually charged content of Gourmandises and MCE songs. Alizée actually revealed later on in her career that the little innocent Corsican girl was just a ploy and that she was playing the part willingly and perfectly aware of the sexual content of ML. Why would it be different for other songs of that era? JEAM, for example, once one accepts that the lyrics might be about masturbation, how can one see the choreography of the famous dance as anything else than a masturbation display? Half of the choreography is spent with her hands and fingers flipping over and caressing her pubic area. You even have the background voices going “oooohhh ouiiiiiii!”. To actually believe that Alizée sang this song and performed that dance thinking it was about taking a bubble bath is plain ridiculous if you ask me.

Last edited by Corsaire; 02-08-2013 at 10:56 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Never before in the memory of a Lili fan have so much sex been seen in a Aam forum thread !

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
I doubt very much that France Gall didn’t know about the true meaning of the song. At the time she recorded Les Sucettes, she was involved with singer Claude François, who was, according to many reliable accounts, a sex machine. It is true that she did go in hiding for 2 weeks when the story came out, but she was most probably just upset at Gainsbourg (to the point of ceasing their association) who couldn’t resist revealing to the public the obvious, but yet cleverly wrapped oral sex connection. I believe she then had no choice but to pretend not knowing the true meaning of the song. What else could she have done. I doubt very much that Gall was so innocent, even if she did look the part.

And I think Alizée was also playing the innocent young woman while she knew pretty much everything about the sexually charged content of Gourmandises and MCE songs. Alizée actually revealed later on in her career that the little innocent Corsican girl was just a ploy and that she was playing the part willingly and perfectly aware of the sexual content of ML. Why would it be different for other songs of that era? JEAM, for example, once one accepts that the lyrics might be about masturbation, how can one see the choreography of the famous dance as anything else than a masturbation display? Half of the choreography is spent with her hands and fingers flipping over and caressing her pubic area. You even have the background voices going “oooohhh ouiiiiiii!”. To actually believe that Alizée sang this song and performed that dance thinking it was about taking a bubble bath is plain ridiculous if you ask me.
It's hard to imagine that she didn't know that...
It's obvious. And... too much

If even Alizée sang about masturbation in JEAM, it wasn't so vulgar like France Gall's video. I think Alizée was more carefully, even she knew she is in a dangerous game... I still state that she did the right thing when she left Myléne...

And what about JPVA? Any info what JPVA was about?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Personally, I thought it was about masturbation IN the bubble bath. I'm not saying some of her songs weren't sexual, they are, and are quite obvious.

When you analyze a song word for word without really taking the rest of the song into context and where the words were used, you don't really get the real meaning.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle Katherine View Post
It's about changing of boyfriend like you would change clothes, toy boys , short term relationship, choosy girl breaking the heart of boys again and again using them for ... whatever reason.

lyrics excerpts

"J'veux pas d'un "pour la vie" " I don't want the same one forever

"C'est juste un compromis" it's just an agreement

"J'aime pas l'habitude !
J'aime pas quand ça dure !" I don't like habit (I don't want to get used to one guy) , I don't like it when it lasts

"Je change comme je rime" I change as I rhyme (I change as it pleases me)

"C'est pas l'histoire d'amour" It's not a lovestory

"Plutôt un courant d'air" More like the wind blowing

"J'veux plus d'un : je m'attache, qui m'ennuie " I don't want to get attached, to get bored...

That's pretty clear

Old 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM

As a side note...

20 years before Alizée, Laurent Boutonnat did think about casting a 15 year old girl to sing “Maman à tort”, a song about lesbian love between a mental hospital young female patient and a nurse. It seems that the idea was dropped for fear of being a little too provocative and it was then decided that MF would sign the song. Everything Boutonnat has ever done in the music and video industry is about mind control, sex, violence... and any other provocative topics. When he auditioned Alizée and create her persona, well, the same topics were infused in her songs and videos.

So, dissociating Gourmandises or MCE songs from LB work is just refusing to see the reality. Many of the early Alizée songs were about sex and especially about sex and teenagers. That has always been a very dear topic for LB. In the following video, you can feel his amusement, but also is pride and joy when he comments on the popularity of “Libertine” (MF’s 1986 hit) and states that children are singing the chorus of the sexually charged song; “I, I am libertine, I am a trollop”. You can also hear MF burst laughing as if this is funny matter.

(At 1m40s)

I would say that the Alizée concept was basically created with the same goal in mind. Sell records with a young teenager singing sexually charged songs.

Edit:

Quote:

Have a look at my interpretation of the JPVA concept. This is my all-time favorite thread on AAm, but I might be biased...
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6283

Edit:

Quote:
I still state that she did the right thing when she left Myléne...
I already wrote on here that if she didn’t leave LB/MF, I beleive the third album would have been a transition to a darker Alizée with possibly more explicit sex and violence by the time the fourth album would have been release. This is quite a common progression for young female singers who start with mild or moderate sexual content and then drift to more extreme and provocative topics.

Edit:

Quote:
Personally, I thought it was about masturbation IN the bubble bath.
Actually, I don’t think there is any bubble bath. As stated before, the reference to “bain de mousse” (bubble bath) is just the female genitalia. The “poisson rouge dans mon bain de mousse” (goldfish in the bubble bath) is the clitoris. When she sings about playing with her goldfish and being wet, well, you can guess what this is about, I suppose. It is quite straightforward, really.

The first time I showed the JEAM choreography to my wife, after 1 minute, she said: “Ohh, I get it, the goldfish is her clitoris and she is playing with it, right? Isn’t she a little young to sing this and move like that?”. Other people I have shown the choreography to have mentioned that it was overwhelmingly sexual. The song is about a girl who is masturbating while she thinks about all the reasons she is fed up (and especially fed up with men). There is even the line where it says: “Zucchinis that make me throw up under the quilt”. When questioned about this line, Alizée has said that she is really allergic to zucchinis, but frankly, this is pretty blatant. The zucchini is a penis and the lyrics are just about being fed with fellatio. Well, if anyone thinks it is about vomiting under a quilt after eating zucchinis, good for them. I just don’t think this is the sort of stuff LB\MF are known for.

Last edited by Corsaire; 02-09-2013 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-09-2013, 03:22 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

So what's your point? No one really disagreed that some of her songs were blatantly sexual. God, no wonder Americans can't stand French people.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
It's about changing of boyfriend like you would change clothes, toy boys , short term relationship, choosy girl breaking the heart of boys again and again using them for ... whatever reason.

lyrics excerpts

"J'veux pas d'un "pour la vie" " I don't want the same one forever

"C'est juste un compromis" it's just an agreement

"J'aime pas l'habitude !
J'aime pas quand ça dure !" I don't like habit (I don't want to get used to one guy) , I don't like it when it lasts

"Je change comme je rime" I change as I rhyme (I change as it pleases me)

"C'est pas l'histoire d'amour" It's not a lovestory

"Plutôt un courant d'air" More like the wind blowing

"J'veux plus d'un : je m'attache, qui m'ennuie " I don't want to get attached, to get bored...

That's pretty clear
It's a bit much, I think. I have my own opinion about this song, but I was curious of others' too.

>> "J'veux pas d'un "pour la vie" " I don't want the same one forever <<
Not sure, but she was 18-19 when this song was released. Honestly, she has time, really and I'm not sure that the best choice is that you get attahed to someone too early... I almost did, and now I see it was a mistake because my life stated to be ruined... Because I naively thought this is a "love forever"... "un pour toujours"

Edit:

Quote:
Have a look at my interpretation of the JPVA concept. This is my all-time favorite thread on AAm, but I might be biased...
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6283
Thank you! Interesting thread.
Well... two days ago I drawed a fairy-Alizée.. in her JPVA dress, with wings like Tinker Bell. /My tattoo plans /

Last edited by Melle Katherine; 02-09-2013 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
So what's your point? No one really disagreed that some of her songs were blatantly sexual. God, no wonder Americans can't stand French people.
My point? I am simply replying to your statement that there is a bubble bath reference in JEAM. I don’t think it is about a bubble bath just like Les sucettes (Gainsbourg) is not about lollipops. I also make the point that people don’t actually take into account the context of the lyrics nor the context of who was involved creating those songs and videos. LB/MF don’t really care about bubble baths, treats, cats, dolls, zucchinis... They are interested in much more controversial and mature topics.

What is your “Americans can’t stand French people” comment about? Is it directed to me? If so, you must have noticed that I am from Quebec. In any case, I am happy to be bunched up with the French hated crowd if this is what your comment was about.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 PM

I couldn't agree more with Corsaire, I think we did a good job putting under the spotlight the true meaning of LB/ML songs...

Quote:
As a side note...

20 years before Alizée, Laurent Boutonnat did think about casting a 15 year old girl to sing “Maman à tort”
Now that is bloody interesting! Do you have more on that?

Quote:
When questioned about this line, Alizée has said that she is really allergic to zucchinis, but frankly, this is pretty blatant. The zucchini is a penis and the lyrics are just about being fed with fellatio. Well, if anyone thinks it is about vomiting under a quilt after eating zucchinis, good for them. I just don’t think this is the sort of stuff LB\MF are known for.

That's probably a big lie that Alizée made up to protect herself and cover up the story , she did so much to cover it up that she even pretended hating the green color because it reminds her of courgettes...

Post Mylène era.. *cough*

,ah... the allergy story.. (reminds me of the embarassed smile and empty look on the face of france gall when she sang les sucettes after understanding the lyrics, when you think about it , that's almost a kind of a disgusting humiliation , especially in the 60s.. i'm starting to wonder whether gainsbourg and LB might have had some pedophilic blood flowing inside their veins..)

Btw as a medical student I can confirm that allergy to zucchinis is rare as fuck because it is linked to specific nutrients allergy found in many vegetables and cereals and if she really was allergic to them she would be allergic to pumpkin, cucumber, and pretty much a third of all the vegetables we are used to eat here in france, and she reportedlt said in a radio interview that she likes all foods depending on the cooking.. http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/f/food...hini/intro.htm

More on that, here's one of my favorite thread of the alizée web.. this guy, close to JC , explains the real background behind the split up between lili and ML ... http://www.mf-international.com/view...01c97032689b06

double meanings... double meanings...

Quote:
French bashing ... again and again, well american mainstream media i guess..

Last edited by lapinschous; 02-09-2013 at 05:34 PM..