Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 02-28-2018, 07:18 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That framed picture was in the restaurant/
The picture of Alizee that you posted messed with my eyes. I knew it was her, but I kept doing double takes because her hair blended in with what appears to be black paint on the painting behind her. Or maybe it's a shadow. The result is that her hair looks long and bushy at the shoulders, which did not match the hair style she had when she was this age, as shown in the video.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:29 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
The picture of Alizee that you posted messed with my eyes. I knew it was her, but I kept doing double takes because her hair blended in with what appears to be black paint on the painting behind her. Or maybe it's a shadow. The result is that her hair looks long and bushy at the shoulders, which did not match the hair style she had when she was this age, as shown in the video.

Same here. I had to look twice.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Searching for another file today, I came across this commercial for En Concert....

Old 03-01-2018, 06:32 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Searching for another file today, I came across this commercial for En Concert....

Yeah, Alizée En Concert ...

By the way, has she ever explained why she has not organized some concert since long ago? ... I even don't remember when the last one was ...
Is there some explanation for that thing?
Old 03-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Well back in 2008 she had concerts in Mexico, in fact one in Moscow before that, but she had I think it was 5 concerts originally scheduled in Europe, but that was whittled down to 1 in Paris, after the Mexico concerts. That was cancelled, rescheduled and cancelled again. I had tickets for it.

It was said her success in Mexico that due to the fact that only in the past few years thanks to Youtube that they had discovered her, so images of Moi Lolita and J'en ai marre were still fresh in their heads.

But quite frankly, when she came back to Europe, they were well aware of what she was capable of wanted no part of what she was offering. It was lacking in every department. You have to remember when you schedule a concert in Paris, all the best talents like Madonna, Lady Gaga, U2, Beyonce, Taylor Swift perform in Paris. You have to bring your A game and quite frankly what Alizee brought was amateurville when compared not only to all the great artists, but her own En Concerts of 2003/2004.

She had 3 other albums after that and there was talk of tours, but I don't think any thing was ever scheduled because of those albums lack of success. I think Blonde had potential, but who ever was in charge, didn't know what they were doing.

So only if the miracle of another good album happens along with someone who knows how to manage the promotion of it, the odds of seeing another concert aren't looking good.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-01-2018 at 09:14 AM..
Old 03-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Well back in 2008 she had concerts in Mexico, in fact one in Moscow before that, but she had I think it was 5 concerts originally scheduled in Europe, but that was whittled down to 1 in Paris, after the Mexico concerts. That was cancelled, rescheduled and cancelled again. I had tickets for it.

It was said her success in Mexico that due to the fact that only in the past few years thanks to Youtube that they had discovered her, so images of Moi Lolita and J'en ai marre were still fresh in their heads.

But quite frankly, when she came back to Europe, they were well aware of what she was capable of wanted no part of what she was offering. It was lacking in every department. You have to remember when you schedule a concert in Paris, all the best talents like Madonna, Lady Gaga, U2, Beyonce, Taylor Swift perform in Paris. You have to bring your A game and quite frankly what Alizee brought was amateurville when compared not only to all the great artists, but her own En Concerts of 2003/2004.

She had 3 other albums after that and there was talk of tours, but I don't think any thing was ever scheduled because of those albums lack of success. I think Blonde had potential, but who ever was in charge, didn't know what they were doing.

So only if the miracle of another good album happens along with someone who knows how to manage the promotion of it, the odds of seeing another concert aren't looking good.
The mood in France definitely changed toward her. This girl was the darling of France. How can you go from the rousing, thunderous cheering of the 2000 M6 awards to not being able to sell one show in your home country two albums later? Psyche wasn't her best album, but it wasn't her worst, and lots of people liked it a lot. You would think there would be enough fans still around to want to check out the new Alizee. Maybe with the album she should have hit the reset button as far as expectations and played in small venues and worked her way back up.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:38 PM

Well if you had two theaters in Paris on opposite sides of the street with 2 different concerts going on and you didn't know who the singer was, but you saw these images, top picture on one theater, second picture on other theater, which theater would you go into?

She often would look sensational in Mexico, except during her concerts., in my opinion and the same was true for Blonde. She often looked sensational off stage, but not during her promotions

The bottom 2 pictures were from Mexico. One was from an interview and one was from a show (not concert) where she sang J'en ai marre, where she looked just about as great as she did in the white dress in En Concert. Why couldn't she have chosen outfits like this for her concerts there? I would have loved to have seen her in that bottom outfit.

Then you had the decision to bring a big arm chair on stage. This was the woman who set the world on fire with the JAM, JPVA, ML and Youp dances. Did she really expect to come back to Paris and sell tickets? I'm sure she wanted to get away from the sexiness of those early years, but an arm chair. Who's call was that?

Who ever it was who made the decisions as far as the outfits and the chair, should have been sent to Saint Helena and not allowed to come back until they've learned 'something' about what the public wants to see.

I said in a recent post that after those Mexico concerts, the people of Paris knew what she was capable of, then saw what went on in Mexico and wanted no part of it.

chari.jpg

white dress.jpg

Alizee - Performs in Black Dress in Mexico-05-560x847.jpg

gray shirt.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-01-2018 at 06:42 PM..
Old 03-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Administrator

And let's not forget the pajamas she wore at the Moscow concert.

The second image you posted, with her in the white dress, was probably my favorite concert outfit she had. She looked dazzling in it. Sexy but not trashy and over-revealing.

The armchair maybe was a spin-off of the iconic high heel shoe she used to sing songs sitting on? Like an extremely low budget spin-off. You are right in that who wants to see a concert where the entertainer sits in a chair?

When she came out of hiding and released Psyche, her figure was probably the best she had in her life. Everybody has seen her pregnancy photos, and she gained a significant amount of weight. In just a few years, you can tell she worked extremely hard to lose that pregnancy weight and a few pounds more, and to tone herself up.

So with that said, why hide on stage what she worked so hard to attain? Overly possessive and jealous husband perhaps? I personally do not think anything she wore during the Mylene days was trashy, but sometimes suggestive. They became perhaps inappropriate when coupled with the lyrics to the songs she sang. But the outfits themselves... she had beautiful legs, why not show them off a little? This is not the middle east.

I don't find these concert outfits by Shy'm trashy at all. She is beautiful and has a great figure.

Somebody said somewhere (can't remember where now) that Alizee would look great in a potato sack. While this might be true, I am glad she didn't try to do a concert in one

Alizee has beauty like royalty and she has shown good taste in what she wears in public.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-02-2018 at 08:38 AM..
Old 03-02-2018, 12:41 PM

I really don't like being critical about her in this way, because it's very possible that I might see her again in a trip to Ajaccio or there's a possibility I might go to a Tournee show next year or if you believe in miracles, another Les Enfoires show (dare I say concert?). I'd rather she'd think me in a good light and there are people I've met in Ajaccio that might not be so pleasant to me next time I go there and I certainly don't want that.

But I feel it's more important to speak the truth. If by some miracle she does opt for another album, unless it's an album with a lot of great songs on it, she'll need everything going for her, including how she looks during her promotions and if there's concerts, on stage.

Even with the Tournee that's still going on, we see she still has killer looks. She needs to use them to her advantage if it's not too late.

On another note, one thing you have to realize about the red shoe is it was designed by Mylene Farmer, the master of the double entendre.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I really don't like being critical about her in this way, because it's very possible that I might see her again in a trip to Ajaccio or there's a possibility I might go to a Tournee show next year or if you believe in miracles, another Les Enfoires show (dare I say concert?). I'd rather she'd think me in a good light and there are people I've met in Ajaccio that might not be so pleasant to me next time I go there and I certainly don't want that.

But I feel it's more important to speak the truth. If by some miracle she does opt for another album, unless it's an album with a lot of great songs on it, she'll need everything going for her, including how she looks during her promotions and if there's concerts, on stage.

Even with the Tournee that's still going on, we see she still has killer looks. She needs to use them to her advantage if it's not too late.

On another note, one thing you have to realize about the red shoe is it was designed by Mylene Farmer, the master of the double entendre.
Anybody that reads more than a handful of your posts would know that you truly adore and care for Alizee, and flat out love the woman. For every post where you might be critical, you post 20x or more just the opposite.

From Alizee's eyes, I think she would be suspicious of fans that would hold that she could do no wrong. She would be the first one, even through her stubbornness, to admit that she would do lots of things differently if she could turn back the clock 13 years. We wouldn't be any different. Maybe she had wished that she had some friends in her life in the past that would have called her out on some of the decisions she made.

She does still have killer looks, and the way that she has thus far aged gracefully, there is absolutely nothing wrong with her using it. She is still in her prime.