Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I feel like I should have never made this thread....

it's distracting us from Her Grand Grace and Beauty, hell we've already lost dreamer... I'd hate to lose anymore disciples
Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Please don't feel that way Jalen.
It is good and passes the time until Alizée's next CD is released.
Personally, I'm not abandoning Alizée for anyone else.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

^ I couldn't abandon Alizée even if I wanted too.... I'm not strong enough..... she's just too perfect.

Alizée has changed my life forever.... I've completely had to rethink what my life is going to be.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey Barrett! Hey Jung! Woohoo, you crazy, blasphemin' wet dudes!
Wet is right.
I bathe in a lovely pool of H2O and exited, refreshened, sling my head back so my hair is free of all water droplets and flex in the sunlight.
Life's good.

Quote:
Wasabi, buddy, and Pépé, don't worry what they say. Their presence here belies their true feelings, and adds inestimably to the glory of this great site. Furthermore, remember that physical beauty only goes so far. I think they both may be trying to keep us aware of that. And trying to remind some of us that obsessing over one person can cause us to miss out on all that hot, metrosexual action that's just outside the door!
Or Jung just thinks people are power tools that can run out of battery, or power tools that don't even have batteries but are connected by a 3 foot electrical jack cable.

Quote:
Besides, Alizée's a musician. Not a model, not an actress, not an airhead who just wants to be famous. So she's not selling her face, she's selling songs. The fact that she can devastate men everywhere without singing a note-- that may seem like a big advantage, but I'm sure sometimes that must make life a bit complicated.
She's a performer.
J-man, Mylene, Laurent, Jean Fauque, Chateau Marmont, etc. are the musicians.

Quote:
I do agree with Cinnamon Pixie, though. "You boys are so silly!"
Although I feel compelled to point out that girls are even sillier. Two words: Robert Pattinson.
Well you've got your role model, they've got theirs.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:12 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default @ b & j :

Okay! Thanks for setting the record straight here, B. Didn't mean to reinterpret you, and I KNOW you guys don't need no defendin', neither in forums nor in back alleys. Still, I try to stay close to the edge, if not bein' on the front lines. Which means if I'm seeing you guys getting shot at, I'm probably the next target.

So I always feel protective of the ones taking flak. If Barrett or Jung are driven outta town, I'ma wanna go too. Wait, maybe I can be the driver!

RE: "Performer" vs "Musician" --well, B, I'm also into a lotta jazz, where vocalists have their "instruments", too. Jane Monheit, for example, has one of the greatest instruments in the biz these days. But she doesn't play it, she sings with it. Yes, she performs, but I would never call her a "performer".

Alizée-- well, she performs in the studio, but not so much anywhere else... So the term "performer" just doesn't come to my mind regarding her. Still, she makes beautiful music, with that incomparable instrument of hers. So I definitely call her a musician. (Furthermore, there have been rumors she may be writing songs now. ! . ! .) Others see other facets, other strengths, other favorite qualities. But what keeps me a fan is her music, and my respect for that.

Music is not to be taken lightly. It's broken down barriers, bridged understanding, even helped bring down regimes. It's been said that The Beatles were the first ones to start breaching the Iron Curtain and destroying the Berlin Wall. Parker, Gillespie, Mingus, Powell and the rest used music to fight racism in the U.S. They were closely followed by folks like Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, etc etc, until Jimi Hendrix became a de facto God and King.

Would Barack Obama be president today, if not for the music? Ya really gotta wonder. Personally, I actually doubt it.

. . . . . . .

Oh yeah! I remember! This thread's supposed to be about Alizée lookalikes! A couple months ago I posted this on LTF - My Heroines In Music:

I mean, to me, Lilly looks exactly like a cross between Patti Smith and Exene. With a little Joni Mitchell thrown in for good measure. Okay, maybe you've gotta squint. Maybe a lot. But I can't think of any greater beauties to compare her to. And I wouldn't really call any of them "performers". I call 'em artists.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:13 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I edited it to make it a true statement.

Quote:
Or Jung just thinks people are power tools that can run out of battery, or power tools that don't even have batteries but are connected by a 3 foot electrical jack cable.
I like power tools and I like using 'em

Quote:
She's a performer.
well more of a recording vocalist based on recent performances and the lack of 'em

Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
so rmj is still in paris? i guess he's not such a big fan anymore.. what did he do about his debt and other problems? did he get a job or something?
Quote:
Yep, he's still chillin' in Paris from what I hear.
I believe he got a job, he does pop on to AF now and then, often not talking about Alizée, sometimes referring her in a way.
Generally i'm glad the guy's still okay.
I don't know if anybody else knows or noticed, but he also updated his website with some new wallpapers recently, they're quite good and I saved them for future use, but I got a bunch of other ones to use first

http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/wallpapers.php
Old 11-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I don't know if anybody else knows or noticed, but he also updated his website with some new wallpapers recently, they're quite good and I saved them for future use, but I got a bunch of other ones to use first

http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/wallpapers.php

ZOMG! thanks for that fall! now i know where to get my desktop backgrounds from.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
ZOMG! thanks for that fall! now i know where to get my desktop backgrounds from.
You're welcome, I wish I could make some like that, but I can't, the thanks truly belong to RMJ. I hope that he'll make more soon
Old 11-24-2009, 02:27 PM

alizee lover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
so rmj is still in paris? i guess he's not such a big fan anymore.. what did he do about his debt and other problems? did he get a job or something?

as to the girl: i know her as well as i do know alizee basically. i was speaking about her outer appearance only. perfect!!
Hey if you happen to find out who that beautifull girl is let me know!
Just to let you know she is extremely beautifull but doesnt beat alizee sorry i couldnt back you up on that.