Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

When I think about what I said, Amigo!, I realize that it's not quite that Alizée is not leaving much to the imagination physically. However, it could be she is still not leaving much to the imagination in other aspects.

She's doing things differently. More upfront, for sure.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
When I think about what I said, Amigo!, I realize that it's not quite that Alizée is not leaving much to the imagination physically. However, it could be she is still not leaving much to the imagination in other aspects.

She's doing things differently. More upfront, for sure.
........I C
Old 12-31-2007, 04:33 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I know, I'm confusing often. I don't quite understand myself most of the time
Old 12-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
I know, I'm confusing often. I don't quite understand myself most of the time
I can relate to that
Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

I see that no one want to translate this article... is there some censorship on this forum ?

I say that, because, if you don't already know it, this article is not very kind for our Lily...

And the worst of all... : Some point are not quite untrue .
Old 01-03-2008, 08:08 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
well, actually it's pretty difficult to translate, we've all noticed she keeps on repeating the same things in all the interviews about the new CD, the journalist probably expected new stuff, surprising things, etc...
working with fauque, burgalat and darc was great, I don't regret what I did with farmer, I'm happy with my family etc... it's obvious that many journalists expected more personal news from her
the journalist wrote: it seems we're talking to a fluo sheet of plexiglass
she's probably too "politically correct" now, ppl don't really understand this change because she was more into sex and double sense songs when she was younger
when the journalist asks her about the sexual meaning of her old songs she replies she was too young to understand everything and just wanted to have some fun
I think the french word for this is fausse ingénue
however the article isn't a critic against her, I think many fans still don't accept or understand the fact that she's an adult and a business woman now
cheers
Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Some translation from the article :

No, nothing hide behind the impeccably smooth surface of
this small 23 yo winning-machine, and that is precisely what,
over the annoyance on this non-event, fascinate little by little.
More than one singer, Alizée alone represents a generation of
popstars designed as "pure media": the purpose is not anymore to
be the source or receiver of a message, it's about assuming and claim to be just the support or the envelope of it.
This implies necessarily a total devotion to the cult of both neutrality and distance.

Another part :

Prudents, answers slip away, never lead to any position, or even a
simple change in mood: "You can say what you want about me:
Good, evil, I detailed. It rarely touch me. "
Things go by it, but not really stop.

( they feel to meet with someone with "no flavour")
Old 01-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road
Default Translation

OK, I'll have a shot at it. This is, as AC said, not an easy article to translate, though. I may have to leave some blanks, or make some wild guesses in places. But here goes.

IT'S NOT HER FAULT.

TOP-OF-THE-SCALE PROMOTION PLAN AND NEW ALBUM BUILT UP BY DANIEL DARC, BERTRAND BOUGALAT AND JEAN FAUQUE: THE EX-KINKY-LOLITA ALIZEE WANTS RESPONSIBLE ADULT INDIE POP. WHY NOT A TURN TOWARDS MATURITY, BUT NEVERTHELESS IT'S THE DOUBLE PINK VINYL AND BASQUE (?) ON WHICH ONE VOTES BY PLEBISCITE. PORTRAIT OF A YOUNG WOMAN MAINTAINING A DECEPTION.

One hears from here the sarcastic remarks of the embittered. One can even smell from afar the odor of rotten tomatoes that they will quickly hurl upon our proud writing when their dismayed eyes see the name of Alizée together with that synopsis. "Cynical and mercantile!" they'll exclaim. "A pose typical of a good old woman trying to give mainstream kitsherie a cooler air! When with a file on the comparative merits of Deerhoof and Eddy Mitchell?" the fine psychologists will retort. And everyone -- or almost -- will in the end be right. Because an artist who sold 6 million albums about her "Gourmandises," while being elected by the NME plebiscite (which named the sulfurous "Moi Lolita" single of the week in 2002) and Jarvis Cocker (who at the time saw in this same piece the quintessence of French pop, perverse and intoxicating, along the lines of Gainsbourg in the Sixties) that is nothing and -- above all -- that interests us.

We are now in 2007 and the case of Alizée impassions us to the highest degree. Her benevolent record label (euphemism) provided an enormous promotion for the young woman, but only heavy brainyspeak and hype. The arrogant press: "In the promotion plan, we have Libération, So Foot, you! On the other hand, magazine people [People magazine?] were refused. Question of image!" Ah, yes. The image of Alizée has changed noticeably, even if it would be impetuous to say that "Psychédélices," the new work of the young woman, presents "a turn to maturity."

The divorce from her marriage with Mylène Farmer-Laurent Boutonnat and the announcement of, at the very least, unexpected collaborators (the tandem Daniel Darc/Frédéric Lo, Bertrant Burgalat, the lyricist for Bashung Jean Fauque) alongside her, hmm, questionable boyfriend Jérémy Chatelaine for composing this third album "Psychédélices" however managed to disconcert us. What can hide well behind the famous "Moi Lolita," a phenomenon as much musical (its irresistible melody took the form of a heavenly gift for Julien Doré) as societal, so much so that it confirmed the disturbing fashions of impressionable Lolitas -- the real ones, the 12-year-old girls with a hyper-sexual appearance -- in the course of [récré] of France and of Navarre?

[more in a bit]

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
OK, I'll have a shot at it. This is, as AC said, not an easy article to translate, though. I may have to leave some blanks, or make some wild guesses in places. But here goes.

IT'S NOT HER FAULT.

TOP-OF-THE-SCALE PROMOTION PLAN AND NEW ALBUM BUILT UP BY DANIEL DARC, BERTRAND BOUGALAT AND JEAN FAUQUE: THE EX-KINKY-LOLITA ALIZEE WANTS RESPONSIBLE ADULT INDIE POP. WHY NOT A TURN TOWARDS MATURITY, BUT NEVERTHELESS IT'S THE DOUBLE PINK VINYL AND BASQUE (?) ON WHICH ONE VOTES BY PLEBISCITE. PORTRAIT OF A YOUNG WOMAN MAINTAINING A DECEPTION.

One hears from here the sarcastic remarks of the embittered. One can even smell from afar the odor of rotten tomatoes that they will quickly hurl upon our proud writing when their dismayed eyes see the name of Alizée together with that synopsis. "Cynical and mercantile!" they'll exclaim. "A pose typical of a good old woman trying to give mainstream kitsherie a cooler air! When with a file on the comparative merits of Deerhoof and Eddy Mitchell?" the fine psychologists will retort. And everyone -- or almost -- will in the end be right. Because an artist who sold 6 million albums about her "Gourmandises," while being elected by the NME plebiscite (which named the sulfurous "Moi Lolita" single of the week in 2002) and Jarvis Cocker (who at the time saw in this same piece the quintessence of French pop, perverse and intoxicating, along the lines of Gainsbourg in the Sixties) that is nothing and -- above all -- that interests us.

We are now in 2007 and the case of Alizée impassions us to the highest degree. Her benevolent record label (euphemism) provided an enormous promotion for the young woman, but only heavy brainyspeak and hype. The arrogant press: "In the promotion plan, we have Libération, So Foot, you! On the other hand, magazine people [People magazine?] were refused. Question of image!" Ah, yes. The image of Alizée has changed noticeably, even if it would be impetuous to say that "Psychédélices," the new work of the young woman, presents "a turn to maturity."

The divorce from her marriage with Mylène Farmer-Laurent Boutonnat and the announcement of, at the very least, unexpected collaborators (the tandem Daniel Darc/Frédéric Lo, Bertrant Burgalat, the lyricist for Bashung Jean Fauque) alongside her, hmm, questionable boyfriend Jérémy Chatelaine for composing this third album "Psychédélices" however managed to disconcert us. What can hide well behind the famous "Moi Lolita," a phenomenon as much musical (its irresistible melody took the form of a heavenly gift for Julien Doré) as societal, so much so that it confirmed the disturbing fashions of impressionable Lolitas -- the real ones, the 12-year-old girls with a hyper-sexual appearance -- in the course of [récré] of France and of Navarre?

[more in a bit]

The basque bit confused me too, When I looked it up, it said it meant "a tight fitting garment worn by women, such as a corset". But what that had to do with voting and viynls was beyond me so I gave up on trying to understand it

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:29 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

I have a few small comments:

The "guepiere" at the beginning probably references this article of clothing:

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gu%C3%AApi%C3%A8re

and I'll bet the whole sentence is a reference to her outfit in the MJ video (pink vinyl clothes and one of these) and that's how the public is perceiving her (presumably "plebiscite" refers to the opinion of the public).

"cours de récré" probably refers to "recreations" (like diversions, etc.) and "Navarre" is probably synecdoche referring to ML's success in Spain.