Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
wtf is going on here?
I haven't been on AA for some days and now I have to read the news about FRA and corsaire

that's just

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 04-25-2013 at 11:05 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM

qazws is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of these programmes prefer the artists to lip synch, certainly Top of the Pops preferred that. It probably just makes production easier. It is a bit frustrating though to watch her sing, and just hear something sung and recorded ten years ago. One of the great things is that often an artist can perform their work in a slightly different way. I suppose TV companies aren't so bothered. She should have sung on Jools Holland. His show is live, I think, or I hope.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Jerry Lee Lewis was the first recording artist who did NOT lip synch his song on American Bandstand.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:36 PM

qazws is on a distinguished road

There should a law against lip synching.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazws View Post
Oh yeah, we would really want to see this:

Old 05-04-2013, 03:09 AM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazws View Post
maybe not so harsh, but we as consumers should be let to know when it is live singing and when it is just playback. There are plenty of laws protecting consumer rights in food and all other industry. Why shouldn't there be in entertainment industry. If i was promised a live singing and i payed money for it, i should get a live singing.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
maybe not so harsh, but we as consumers should be let to know when it is live singing and when it is just playback. There are plenty of laws protecting consumer rights in food and all other industry. Why shouldn't there be in entertainment industry. If i was promised a live singing and i payed money for it, i should get a live singing.
Which would you rather have... a cancelled concert because of a sore throat or have the artist lip sync and not tell his/her fans?

I could understand if someone like me came out on stage and lip synced Alizée. That would be wrong. But if Alizée came out and lip synced to her own song, I have no problem with that.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:01 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

then have some respect to fans who payed you money, some traveled from across the ocean and explain them the situation, instead of trying to screw them over. If you buy a pork sausage, you expect it to be made from pork meat, not horse and donkey.
I don't really have anything against Alizee ''singing'' with playback. I just think there should be some transparency
Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think a person should differentiate between lip-syncing for a TV show and a live concert. It is a reasonable expectation to have live singing in the case of a live concert. The one exception would be if there are strenuous dancing routines.

For a TV show, I don't think one can have a reasonable expectation of the singing to be live, since it is generally known that lip-syncing is often used in such cases. Even if it's staged to look like a live performance, I still wouldn't expect it to be live unless it was specifically advertized as such. Of course it depends on the show. For instance, SNL has a tradition of providing live performances. That's why Ashlee Simpson got so much heat for lip-syncing on SNL a few years back.

As far as I know, Alizée sang live in all her live concerts she has had.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Boo hoo! You guys would walk barefoot over busted glass just to hear Alizée fart over the phone but will whine if there is possibility that someone lip syncs at a concert? Trust me when I say this, it happens a lot more than you think.

As for Alizée not lip syncing... Even though she had the opportunity, she sang along with the recording.