Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What style should Lilly's next album be?
UEDS (Electro, French underground, etc.) 3 5.56%
Psych style (A mix of styles) 9 16.67%
Mylene & Laurent style (first two albums) 9 16.67%
Dance-Pop (dance music... and Alizee dancing!) 17 31.48%
Acoustic, softer (think the Guitar La Javaniese) 4 7.41%
Something else... (list it) 12 22.22%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2011, 07:23 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
You clearly haven't met Mylène Farmer
good answer
Old 01-19-2011, 07:43 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I too would love to see a more rock-pop type of sound. I really like MJ for that reason.
If she did a Pop-rock album, with a handful of softer songs, I think that would be awesome. SO I guess I am sticking with Psych style??
Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
I too would love to see a more rock-pop type of sound. I really like MJ for that reason.
If she did a Pop-rock album, with a handful of softer songs, I think that would be awesome. SO I guess I am sticking with Psych style??
yeah, that's Psych Style...good choice
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

I vote for metal just straight up metal, that would be a dream come true
Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
She wasn't a Lolita when she did the JEAM and JPVA dances. She was a full grown woman. She could pull those dances and outfits off easily today. TOO MUCH SEX APPEAL FOR A 26 YEAR OLD??!!?? What kind of prematurely aged, lame-ass 26 year olds do you know? I know quite a few women around that age that would take great offense to that statement.... then proceed to blow your mind with "too much sex-appeal"! Heck, Gwen Stefani didn't come out with her dance albums until her late 30s, and she sold a few million of 'em... looking damn sexy.

I agree with you. However, the Psych and UEDS images/dances were not even close to what would be needed, for a successful dance album. She would have to be far sexier and dynamic...

No problem. You know it's a damn good milkshake.

I'm not past that kind of dancing, but I agree she probably won't do it again.

Uh, you should have voted for Psych-style then.
Those 26-year olds are probably not in with the same style as Lili has at the moment and would have trouble just pulling that off. For her to dance she'd have to create a new image of what she's tried to get away from.

I'm sorry about the bad wording, of course she still has and would have an enormous sex-appeal as a 26 year old woman, but... I just don't know why, but I don't think she can pull it off in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
You clearly haven't met Mylène Farmer
I haven't, but from what I've heard her when she found out the harsh truth that she was too old for some of her songs and dances at around her 30th birthday she found the young promising Lili that we know of.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I haven't, but from what I've heard her when she found out the harsh truth that she was too old for some of her songs and dances at around her 30th birthday she found the young promising Lili that we know of.
Mylène was too old to be a lolita, not too old for her own material. The image she crafted for Alizée was nothing like her own. And if you call Mylène too old again I'll merk ya.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Mylène was too old to be a lolita, not too old for her own material. The image she crafted for Alizée was nothing like her own. And if you call Mylène too old again I'll merk ya.
Oh god, I just keep digging myself into a deeper hole. Although what you worded was what I originally meant, sorry if it came out too offensive.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Not offensive at all. Don't worry. This little guy means I'm not mad >>> <<<

But I wanted to clarify that the image and material Mylène created for Alizée was not like her own. She came up with it with a younger artist in mind.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Not offensive at all. Don't worry. This little guy means I'm not mad >>> <<<
5 AM, just woke up and can't word myself correctly, you'll have to excuse me for not getting that
Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

What style should the next album be? I don’t know.
The crucial question for me is: "which Alizée should release the next album". As far as I am concerned, the music is just one part of the magic... and it isn’t even the most important part.

I like to see Alizée perform, I like to see her smile, I like to hear her voice when she talks in interviews, her laugh... See her beautiful eyes. So, I just want her to release an album that will make it possible for me to indulge in those pleasures. This means that it is more her attitude towards the process of promoting and supporting her new album that is important to me.

But if I had to select a style, I would say a rock album would suit her better. Not too dark or heavy. Something light and fun with more dancing. Nothing fancy, just seeing her having fun on stage. And maybe a more colourful and happy look without the straight bangs sitting over her eyebrows, which never really worked with me.