Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Well the plan was not to get the money to Alizée herself, but to contact the group, and ask for donation information.

We would mention to the group who we were, what website we were from of course. If they wanted to tell Lili about it, then cool!

But thats what I was saying before, we need a native speaker to check out the groups facebook page, since they may have donation information right on their page, making this a whole lot easier on all of us
This all sounds very good, let us know what you find out!

And count me in for €50 if it all works out.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

anyone want to provide a link to the facebook page? can't seem to find it. I'll have read of it
Old 08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Yea, I don't think the organization would mind if we ask them to deliver a message to Alizée from us where we explain why we're doing this.

<3
Old 08-02-2011, 02:29 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

well the only page I found was this one:

Unsourirepour Jean Baptiste

not sure if its the right one though. It has an e-mail address, but no other info.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:41 PM

I found another page, but "LOTO au profit de l'association " UN SOURIRE POUR JEAN-BAPTISTE" (Lottery to the profit of the association "A smile for Jean-Baptiste") seems to link the one you posted. It has a contact email and that is it.

The page I found has more members but no information at all regarding it.

The lottery seems to be the one mentioned on the page that Scruffy posted.

"LOTO GEANT AVEC PLUS DE 12.000 € DE PRIX" (Giant Lottery with more than 12,000 € of prizes. <- That is what I translated it to, but directly it is Giant lottery with upward of 12,000 € of worth. Prix generally means Price, but can mean prize or worth. "Of prizes" is "Des prix" though, so "of worth" is the literal translation. Also "more than" is "Plus que" in French, "plus de" means "more of" or "upward of")

Nevermind, after having looked at it, I can't see a mention of the Peugeot in the link that Scruffy posted, but there are a ridiculous amount of prizes and it's listed lol...

Also depending on my finances in the next few days I may have a spare 50 euros, so add that to the total.

Last edited by SlipshodDread; 08-02-2011 at 02:56 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 03:52 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

I don't really know who this is but she was in those new photos together with Alizée and the boy so she must have something to do with it.
http://www.facebook.com/maryline.leca

<3
Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
I don't really know who this is but she was in those new photos together with Alizée and the boy so she must have something to do with it.
http://www.facebook.com/maryline.leca
She is one of the people running the Lottery thing In my post just above yours, so yeah she is definitely involved.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=233767766648283

The Unsourirepour Jean Baptiste is definitely the real one.

Last edited by SlipshodDread; 08-02-2011 at 04:08 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

If we're making the donation to the organization (if we can figure out the right one) then I suppose a simple statement such as,

"The members of AlizeeAmerica, would like to make a small donation on behalf of Alizee for what she did for our forum in march of 2010.".

There's no need to go into detail. What happened is so trivial compared to what this kid is going through.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If we're making the donation to the organization (if we can figure out the right one) then I suppose a simple statement such as,

"The members of AlizeeAmerica, would like to make a small donation on behalf of Alizee for what she did for our forum in march of 2010.".

There's no need to go into detail. What happened is so trivial compared to what this kid is going through.
sounds perfect!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:24 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
...I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, but to just make a donation out of the blue to some cause of hers I think would seem a little strange. The time to have done something to thank her for the autograph session should have been right afterwards, but we squandered that opportunity.

I felt we had to wait for some occassion to come up for us to put together an effort like this. She made this posting just recently and I feel it would be the perfect opportunity to do it now, to this cause....

It was not a squandered opportunity as there was no good opportunity then. There is now.