Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Just like what I suggested above, I think we should let them know that we're trying to contact them through other means as well to avoid any possible confusion especially with our language barriers.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Go for it Lefty!

Thanks BigDan for staying up to help us get this deal up and running!

Also, Scruffy, if you see this, I recommend you post the message to her about 20minutes earlier than the auction ends. cause if you post it exactly at 2, she might have already checked ebay and facebook and have logged off to go to bed and not seen the message. So to be safe than sorry I suggest 20minutes before the auction ends is good!

And when you do send the message to her on ebay or whatever, if there is a title try to put "€1000" in it. Good luck everyone and lets hope for a response soon!

One last quick question, why do we need to pay/contact everyone by 2AM? Not saying we shouldn't get this done ASAP, but I don't know the reason. Thanks!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Just like what I suggested above, I think we should let them know that we're trying to contact them through other means as well to avoid any possible confusion especially with our language barriers.
good idea. cause several of us have tried to contact several people concerning this thing.

Last edited by User22; 08-05-2011 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think the concern is that once Alizée completes the ebay transaction, she may not return there. So she might not ever see any messages sent to the ebay account after the auction is over. Thus we would lose one avenue of contact. As far as the other avenues we have tried, I don't know that there is any time limit on those. But I suppose we don't want this to go on indefinitely.

@Jake04 - I agree. That's why if we introduce ourselves as AlizeeAmerica or make reference to AlizeeAmerica in all communications, and always direct them to Scruffy's email, it might be more obvious to them that all these contacts actually are one and the same. I hope there is no confusion, but my French is not good enough to explain it to them. I might make it worse.

Anyways, I'm hoping that once things are cleared up and the transaction is completed, they will be content knowing that they ended up with a nice donation. I just hope this all works out in the end.

Edit:

These are the 2 FB accounts I am aware of. I am able to PM the first one. The second one I'm not sure about, but I think you can write on their wall. Other members have said the correct FB is the first one.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002545131663

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Un-sou...=wall&filter=1

Can anyone confirm the first FB?

Last edited by lefty12357; 08-05-2011 at 09:03 PM..
Old 08-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I think the concern is that once Alizée completes the ebay transaction, she may not return there. So she might not ever see any messages sent to the ebay account after the auction is over. Thus we would lose one avenue of contact. As far as the other avenues we have tried, I don't know that there is any time limit on those. But I suppose we don't want this to go on indefinitely.

@Jake04 - I agree. That's why if we introduce ourselves as AlizeeAmerica or make reference to AlizeeAmerica in all communications, and always direct them to Scruffy's email, it might be more obvious to them that all these contacts actually are one and the same. I hope there is no confusion, but my French is not good enough to explain it to them. I might make it worse.

Anyways, I'm hoping that once things are cleared up and the transaction is completed, they will be content knowing that they ended up with a nice donation. I just hope this all works out in the end.

Edit:

These are the 2 FB accounts I am aware of. I am able to PM the first one. The second one I'm not sure about, but I think you can write on their wall. Other members have said the correct FB is the first one.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002545131663

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Un-sou...=wall&filter=1

Can anyone confirm the first FB?
I've sent messages to both these pages, translated into French. I also sent a message to the e-mail address listed on the first one. I can view the wall on the second Facebook page, but it looks like I don't have the ability to post on it. Time is running out if we want to get this done by the time the auction ends so I think the best thing to do is go ahead with the plan to post a message on her Facebook page and the e bay page, which I hope to do by 2 am.

The purpose of doing it by 2 is that will give her about 5 hours to see it before the auction ends. I think it's important to have something done by this time. The whole reason for doing this now, is so it will be done in conjuntion with the auction.

We're running out of time. Do we go through with this or do we not?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Administrator

We've come this far. We might as well see it through.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I say post the messages where you think best Scruffy. As Lefty said, we have come this far. No point turning back now.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Administrator

I won't post anything on the FBs mentioned above since it's already been done. Good luck Scruffy. It appears yours may be the last avenue open to us, unless someone comes up with something different.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:34 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Lefty the first one is good. Michelle Jacotey is listed on the page as one of his friends.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:54 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Lefty the first one is good. Michelle Jacotey is listed on the page as one of his friends.
great news!! Thanks!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Once the auction has ended it would just be a case of contacting the seller (Alizee) telling her the plan, send the $1000 donation via Paypal to her and then she would have the opportunity to re-list the toy and make even more money for the charity?
Doh! We've been falling over ourselves here guys, but it's so simple. If we can't contact anyone by the time the auction's about to end, then bid on it. If we win, just say: "here's the €1000 but please keep the toy so you can auction it again to raise further money". To be honest, since there's no other obvious way of donating, maybe it's what we should have done in the first place. It makes our donation visible to Alizee and her fans without being overly obtrusive.

Last edited by Ben; 08-05-2011 at 11:43 PM..
Closed Thread