Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:02 AM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

Dear All.

I am a complete newcomer to the site but certainly not to Alizée who I have admired – worshipped really – for many a long year, in fact right from the beginning. I even went against a vow recently and got a Twitter account just to follow her (and Jessica from Stars à domicile in 2003 – now a married woman and young mother herself) and I continue to learn French!

But I’m starting to need the comfort and reassurance of a group – it’s all been very well expressed already by seasoned members but I am truly aghast at this latest departure into tattoos – we seemed to get used to the massive Tinkerbell abomination over time and the other smaller ones were hidden enough to cope with. But this latest piece of self-desecration is nothing other than a disaster and seeing her latest pictures with all that radiant beauty being vandalised with large, grotesque, ugly, cartoon body-graffiti is proving unbearable.

Rising back up after such a career hiatus was always going to be tough at the best of times – now it’s going to be ten times harder. This looks like the bridge too far – the step from engagingly quirky towards full-blown messed up. It breaks my heart.

Members of this site well know that there is love and then there is Alizée love and we pride ourselves on what this tiny, exquisite creature has meant and continues to mean to us – and if we didn’t care, the site, and many like it round the world, would not exist. But this is going to be tough test – please God make album five the runaway success that it needs to be; please let the spirit of Mylène and Laurent be with her and us so that we can all rejoice in what we all want – an Alizée on top where she has always belonged!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Stop... Studio time oh oh oh

Last edited by melovelily; 05-23-2012 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Scruffydog I was just teasing you with my snake on the leg comment.

I'm with you please not the legs.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:59 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Lol she doesn't look too happy in the last picture!

Wonderful photos
Old 05-23-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Lol she doesn't look too happy in the last picture!

Wonderful photos
I think she is just concentrating on the song she is listening to.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skungpoomery View Post
Dear All.

I am a complete newcomer to the site but certainly not to Alizée who I have admired – worshipped really – for many a long year, in fact.....................

Rising back up after such a career hiatus was always going to be tough at the best of times – now it’s going to be ten times harder. This looks like the bridge too far – the step from engagingly quirky towards full-blown messed up. It breaks my heart.

– please God make album five the runaway success that it needs to be; please let the spirit of Mylène and Laurent be with her and us so that we can all rejoice in what we all want – an Alizée on top where she has always belonged!

Welcome to the forum skungpoomery. Maybe you can tell us about how you found out about Alizee in this thread.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...t=4611&page=33

Then maybe you can explain your forum name.

As far as the success of this new album, if Alizee was the one calling the shots, I'd be very worried. She lost the great talent, the great experience, the great connections of MF and LB and trying to do it on her own was just too slow of a learning process.

But it's Sony calling the shots here so I'm sure this album will be a good one. They wont publish it if it's not. Can it equal the beauty of her first two? That's difficult to say. I think her voice has changed somewhat with age. I think that's why she didn't sing JAM by herself in her latest trip to Mexico, but it's still a very beautiful voice but unlike a singer like Nolwenn who you can give a wide range of songs to sing and she'd handle most of them well, Alizee has a much smaller range, a range I love and one I prefer above all others, but because of it she needs songs that are more tailored just for her voice. MF and LB knew that.

I think Alizee was calling the shots for her last 2 albums and I think it's very difficult for a singer to judge her own voice and she made some wrong choices. But as I said it's Sony calling the shots now. If they didn't know what songs would best suit her voice when they first started working on this album, they know it now. If they dont think there were enough good songs in the first batch they gave her, they will come up with some more. That's why I feel confident that this album will be a good one. Sony will not want to risk their money or their reputation on anything less.

Now I think this album will do well in France, but can it have the specialness of her first two, a specialness that has had me listening to these songs day after day for 5 years? That I don't know. I think one thing that made me love those songs so much was the image I had in my head for those songs. She's still capable of those beautiful images, look how great she looked in the flight attendants outfit and the wedding dress, but to me, a tatoo showing ruins not the song, but the specialness of the performance. So as far as myself, I'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Scruffydog I was just teasing you with my snake on the leg comment.

I'm with you please not the legs.
You scared the bejeebers out of me for a minute.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-23-2012 at 02:01 PM..
Old 05-23-2012, 10:38 AM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

Hello again and thank you for the welcome – I will willingly post something to the forum about my first discovery of Alizée and, in the meantime, my forum name is just a word I came across many years ago and liked – it’s actually the name of a book/play written in about 1975 which is all about first making up an extravagant word and then doing whatever activity the word conjures up – weird but true!

I take your point about Sony – they are not infallible of course but equally you don’t get to be that big and dominant without being extremely clever at what you do. Living up to the first two albums – and I revel in the En Concert DVD regularly myself – is a very tall, but maybe not completely impossible, order. I do wonder about the earlier points you’ve made though which I think are very close to the truth – I think Alizée would very much like to recapture some of the past glories and we would all love to see it happen – but I wonder whether she’s doing out of a real passion for the success or just for lack of anything much else to be doing nowadays. And then there are the tats. The latest one is bigger and more prominent even than I feared and represents a sea-change in terms balancing individuality, self-assertion, own free will etc with business sense and public acceptability – would it not have been better to win (back) the broadest possible audience with the new album first and then do everything else from a position of strength? I wouldn’t mind betting Sony think so!

Anyway, as you say, we can only keep the faith, hope for the best and wait and see!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Old 05-23-2012, 12:09 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Root beer float? Do they have root beer over there? Maybe it's a Coke float.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM

Nothing like having to strain yourself to get into the picture because the guy you're with is hogging the frame.

Ever notice he never has his arm around her.

Last edited by ALS; 05-23-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
twitter