Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 01-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Ha, maybe it would be easier if we all just agreed not to be sensitive and respect everyone's opinions.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Respect? Damn it woman, we're MER'KUNS!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Myself, I think every AAm member should be allowed to enter that forum. I don’t see why anyone would need to be “selected” by peers. A selection process implies some sort of biased opinion and I don’t think we should lean in this direction.

I believe the main goal is to avoid hurting the more “sensitive” members while giving some space to members who want to engage is such discussions. Of course “sensitive” members will still post in that forum and complain about the topics being discussed, but the point is that they will then have to live with their decision to complain about something they know they can easily avoid. You don’t like what is being discussed here, just don’t participate in this forum! One could say the same thing about the public forums, but to be frank, it is just not the same.

One thing that could be envisaged is to have an extra rule that stipulates that a member whose sole intent is to complain about topics or impede free discussion will be banned from this particular forum.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Ha, maybe it would be easier if we all just agreed not to be sensitive and respect everyone's opinions.
What a strange concept!?

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-31-2011 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-31-2011, 12:11 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

If you are going to do this it has to be fully rule based (in other words nobody gets to "pick" anyone) or else it will become disruptive to the overall forum. If not done correctly it could even destroy the forum.

What rules would you establish that everyone would consider to be fair? If you included rules that are difficuly to verify (for example: above a specific age) how would you make this work?

The forum works well as it is. Do you really want to throw out silver is search of gold?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:54 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
AI that sounds like a very valid system...but I asked some guy that would know if this is possible or not if it would be possible to do this, and he said "probably not" since like Helix said, it would be unfair to determine who can enter and who doesn't.
I guess you misunderstood me . That's pretty much what I said was that we shouldn't determine who can enter and who doesn't as it wouldn't be fair. Everyone with a membership would be allowed in until they started causing too many problems there. If they caused too many problems and were disrespectful, then they would get banned from the private forum until further notice. The "bad seeds" would pretty much sort themselves out. Anyway, it's just me throwing ideas out there and trying to contribute to the idea a bit.

However, the more that I've thought about this, while it isn't exactly a bad idea, I don't really know if the private forum would be necessary if the basic rules of topics and discussions were the same as the main forum. It would essentially be the same as the forums now except people wouldn't be able to view them without being logged in. It's the internet. People are going to have different views on things and get heated whether we like it or not. Isn't that part of the point of a forum though, to discuss, debate, and share ideas and views with other people. When things get out of hand, the mods sort it out. The private forum would essentially be the same unless certain rules were bent, changed, or added. Even if people can be banned from the private forums, yet still be able to fully participate in the rest of the forums, there will still be hard feelings for such a thing happening and fights could and most likely would still push on. The way it looks, if we can't have "mature" and "civilized" discussions on the current public forums, then it probably won't have much of a better chance in a private forum. Why don't we try out one of the topics that Corsaire has in mind? If you're comfortable with starting one that is. If it goes well, then we won't need to even think about a private forum. If it fails, then that could better help draw lines for a starting point. (again, just throwing ideas out there a little bit)
Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 AM

I really don't see the harm in trying it out for a while as an experiment and seeing how it goes. If it is a success then yay, we can discuss controversial things unhindered! If not, it could be taken down.

Now, I don't know how much coding and effort would have to be spent, but it sounds like we could make it work. I'll pass word on up and see what can be done.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-31-2011, 04:46 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I guess part of my "private membership" or "complete reform" thing has to do with how I PM'd a mod awhile back about a similar idea. I think mine was about having a "mature off topic section" because the one we have right now is just the same people making it impossible to have any kind of reasonable discussion about anything. Right now it should be called "off topic troll section". The same people often fill up threads in the Alizée Discussion area too with unneeded matter that takes up space on a page.

An example is the two main picture threads. There are so many posts compared to pictures. I've checked out picture threads in other forums about famous people and the comments are usually limited to "thanks", "wow he/she is gorgeous, ty for pics" just to show appreciation. The pictures are thumbnails that link to the actual picture in full size to not take up space and nobody quotes the pictures either which takes up even more space. It really is nice not having to wade through pages of text and irrelevance to find what a lot of people are here for - pictures of her and what she is up to.

I believe many of the longer standing members would be posting often if this place was cleaner or there was a private section. That's how it is for me at least. This place has basically evolved into a playground with kids running around everywhere. This is why the only times you see the older members talk is when it's about something meaningful or personal like somebody attacking our girl. But even then the "kids" are popping in trying to be funny. I think this also leads to some fights because on the rare occasion an issue that sparks interest comes along people want to dive in. It sucks that I'm saying this and throwing people under the bus but somebody has to.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
An example is the two main picture threads. There are so many posts compared to pictures. I've checked out picture threads in other forums about famous people and the comments are usually limited to "thanks", "wow he/she is gorgeous, ty for pics" just to show appreciation. The pictures are thumbnails that link to the actual picture in full size to not take up space and nobody quotes the pictures either which takes up even more space. It really is nice not having to wade through pages of text and irrelevance to find what a lot of people are here for - pictures of her and what she is up to.

I believe many of the longer standing members would be posting often if this place was cleaner or there was a private section. That's how it is for me at least. This place has basically evolved into a playground with kids running around everywhere. This is why the only times you see the older members talk is when it's about something meaningful or personal like somebody attacking our girl. But even then the "kids" are popping in trying to be funny. I think this also leads to some fights because on the rare occasion an issue that sparks interest comes along people want to dive in. It sucks that I'm saying this and throwing people under the bus but somebody has to.

Well, up until very recently there have been precious little new photos and news. The difference between Alizee and other celebrities is that her fans are adoring and all, but she is not very active. People are going to keep themselves entertained in any way they can. Is this a good thing? No, not really. Is it going to happen anyway? Probably.

From what I've heard there was a lot of this in the days between Psyche and UEdS. I was not here in those times, but I've taken other people's word for it. Is this not exactly the same thing?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I guess part of my "private membership" or "complete reform" thing has to do with how I PM'd a mod awhile back about a similar idea. I think mine was about having a "mature off topic section" because the one we have right now is just the same people making it impossible to have any kind of reasonable discussion about anything. Right now it should be called "off topic troll section". The same people often fill up threads in the Alizée Discussion area too with unneeded matter that takes up space on a page.

I understand what you're saying, but I still believe everyone should get a fair shot at it if this does happen. It would be unfair and a bit rude to start a private forum having members who would not be allowed to enter it from the beginning. If there are rules and guidelines that are stated for the private forum, then those that break them would be banned from it until further notice. I keep saying this because I don't think we should quite leave it up to people to decide who gets in and doesn't without us knowing for sure who would mess things up while there. We can predict that certain members will post certain things. We can even predict that certain members may engage in or provoke harsh arguments, but unless there is a private forum with customized rules, then we shouldn't judge people negatively before all of that. Members may handle themselves differently in a private forum with customized rules. Right now there are no rules to keep people from doing what upsets you, so how can you truely say that those same people will continue to do those things in a private forum unless certain rules or guidelines are put in place? It just seems a little more fair to allow everyone be a part of it and then let the "bad seeds" sort themselves out. If members start "trolling", then they could maybe get a warning or something before getting banned from the private forums. Depending on the level or extent of their violation, the member could be banned or kicked from the private forums for a certain amount of time or until mods, admins, etc. felt otherwise.

With what you're implying, I take it that only older members, mods, admins, and a few other hand picked members would be allowed in. Who decides who gets in? What would be the criteria for members to get in? Would personal feelings towards other members be put into play? What happens if it doesn't work out with the "hand picked" members? Judgement shouldn't be passed onto everyone before their actions are taken in a private forum. The rules and guidelines would be there to warn them to keep in line. There aren't such rules here to keep people from doing what seems to get you upset, so maybe you could offer help in making rules or setting guidelines for a private forum. That way you would be happy with what is allowed there and things would remain fair in letting everyone get a shot at it rather than only allowing certain members in from the start.

Anyway, I still stand by what I said earlier. Unless a private forum has rules that are bent, changed, or added to the current ones, then it wouldn't really be necessary. I'll end again with this: The way it looks, if we can't have "mature" and "civilized" discussions on the current public forums, then it probably won't have much of a better chance in a private forum. Why don't we try out one of the topics that Corsaire has in mind? If you're comfortable with starting one that is. If it goes well, then we won't need to even think about a private forum. If it fails, then that could better help draw lines for a starting point.

(I'm sorry for any bad grammar or run-ons lol. I understand that what I write is sometimes hard to read. If what I'm saying isn't being understood clearly because of the way I'm putting down my ideas, then please feel free to ask.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:07 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Everyone just shut up! Be quiet! Chill out! You're makin' me...MM...Angry! Let's all just take a giant chill pill and let's talk about this! Be cool.

Now everyone needs to RELAX.

Tags
forum, suggestion box