Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badog7 View Post
Alizee shy? mais oui!
I was watching Brad's compilation vid yesterday and noticed that in the 100 year anniversaire of Le Tour de France- where she dances Mylene's steps in combination to Vingt pas Ans- she at first shows that fantastic seemingly confident smile then looks nervous.
But wouldn't you be knowing you were about to show all those cameras -including national TV- what you 'had for breakfast'? Ooh lala! Sure she wore a 'ficelle' but really, is this the behaviour of a 'good' girl, unlike Brittney et al? Its Mylene's popstar prescription all over again..Alizee definitely looked on edge- just watch it..its only momentary..
I've often wondered if these sorts of demands led to the break with B & G..and left her with only one obvious creative outlet..childbirth!
Reflechir a!
Quoi?

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 AM

badog7 is on a distinguished road

Im just suggesting that perceiving Alizee as entirely good is a bad thing because it de-humanises her-she is no saint- she eloped from her french fans and subsequently, from that one act-all of us. She had her reasons which have been speculated upon but it is not the "betrayal' that is of concern its the lack of communication with her fans-her reason d'etre as a pop star..
Im also suggesting that comparing Alizee with other pop-stars is pointless-not because she is 'perfect' compared to them (I dont think anyone is!) but because they are different from other cultures and cope with their fame/notoriety according to their personality. Basically who cares about most of them..because they have no real talent to sustain their careers. Mention has also been made in these forums of some of her late 2003 performances being below par- i saw one tonight- on the german top of the Pops doing JEAM- she is distracted and not concentrating- there are other examples of this..like the repetition was getting to her or something...in the end she retreated, whether because of the lack of sales (were alizee sales affected by the massive downloading via napster back then? ) or because of her desire for a family instead of a career..only she knows for sure > and shes not telling us.
Being a popstar does make unreasonable demands upon the individual and I think we see a glimpse of that underlying concern in these performances. Its to Alizee's credit that it is only momentary.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:27 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizee shy? mais oui!...
Quote:
Im just suggesting...
Once again, badog waxing eloquent! Very well said.

First of all, yes, that JPVA video is, I think, the second I ever saw of Alizée. I didn't have much of an opinion formed at that time, I just knew that wow I liked the looks of that. It was a while before I even heard the song because the YouTube poster put some crap song over the slow motion video of Lizi (why has no one else ever used that nickname, it seems kind of obvious to me) doing "the move". It is the paradox of male/female relationship. We all (ok, some of us) want a "good girl", but at the same time we want a woman to do that kind of thing.
Secondly, I think I know which JEAM video you are talking about. To be honest, she was not always a "perfect" performer, but I can certainly forgive that. It just made me concerned with what must have been going on in her life and pointed out how difficult it must be to do these performances. It's not like she's just not that talented. The awesome performances she gave when she was really into it have brought all of us here. The worst thing about the less than best performances was just that the best were so so good one wants to always have that.
I have noticed her looking kind of shy, when she was not in the act of actually giving the "performance" usually. However, she "displays" confidence in spite of it. There is a British interview/profile video that said that Alizée said she does not like to think too far ahead because she's afraid of being disappointed. She doesn't live one day at a time, but still, likes to take it slow and 'we'll see'. I think with all the videos, interviews, and the decisions she has made, we can see that Alizée is definitely no Mylène. They are two different kinds of people. I think Alizée is intelligent enough to realize that part of the appeal is her good looks and the phenomenon of the persona. Maybe she didn't really feel like allowing that persona to take her over. I think/hope she also realizes that while Mylène would have picked someone in any case, it was Alizée's obvious talent and her own drive toward stardom that made it happen for her.
To get to one other point you were making, though. One point of being a star - you can't do it without the fans. Those of us who give our attention make it happen, thus a big star is best loved when they have an amicable relationship with their public. I would like to stress that it does not have to be like other personal relationships. I think a star can/probably should still have a separate personal life (paparazzi/trash mags not withstanding), but "the public" is made up of people too who desire communication and recognition like in any relationship. I'll never be a rabid fan (dedicated), though. Fortunately there are enough of those to "keep the dream alive". If I like Alizée's future performances/music, that's enough for me.

Merci Fanny
Old 03-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Ill guess when(if she ever does) she comes back and after she is gone again, we are goin to want more, and i dont want that happen to me,imho.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:14 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Do like Alizee and just live in the moment. Appreciate whatever she gives us.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

I do appreciate what she gave us, and waiting her to come back!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:58 AM

marik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

and Alizée has a stress right?(syllables?) back to topic my life change everything! Log in here! and post reated to her and listen to her musics and watch her videos! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

im fell in love to Alizée!:wu b:
Old 07-01-2007, 11:28 AM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

^Really into the old threads marik? ok, i'll play
--------------------
Since Alizée life has changed, not drastically like finding god or something like that but life seems much happier, i can manage stress better and just float away to peace or mind in her music, i know all the words to the songs and listen to her nonstop either in the car or at night, i have posters and CDs and stickers... all that stuff and i love just seeing her smile, it brightens any situation. i'm on here all the time, prolly like 10 times a day, and have fun and tend to enjoy life just that much better

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 07-01-2007, 12:21 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

My sister's starting to get worried... Her brother's obsessed with this singer! And she's... female? Such naughtiness! Gasp!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

What is this "normal life" of which you speak? I'm sure I've never had one. Why would anyone want one?

Discovering Alizée has put my decidedly abnormal life back on track, though.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716