Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 06-18-2011, 10:50 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well of those 16 million for JEAM, 15 million are from me. Seriously though those views are from all over the world and they cover a time span of about 9 years. Then you have the fact that most of those who viewed it, have probably viewed it several times. So when it comes down to the nitty gritty, unfortunately I think a lot of people here don't know about her.

So I think there are 2 reasons why we promote her here. The main one being that hopefully if her music caught on here, she would assuredly have to come over here to take advantage of the situation and a lot of her fans here would finally get a chance to see her up close and in person. Another reason is I think a lot of us feel that if she had come here, she would have been huge here. That's something I think she doesn't realize. So we hope with our promotional efforts that some day some one who can make a difference will notice and a tv show will be done or maybe a magazine article will be written which will start that snow ball rolling down hill which will end up in an avalanche and Alizee will get her just due.
I guess you're right and since alizee is going to have a new album in 2012 (I think it was confirmed) it would be better if we promote her before the albums comes out
And I wonder if alizee can speak English better now cuz I have seen a vid from 09 when she was in Mexico and it was really hard for her to speak it but
it kinda makes her cuter lol
Old 06-19-2011, 12:22 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
I guess you're right and since alizee is going to have a new album in 2012 (I think it was confirmed) it would be better if we promote her before the albums comes out
And I wonder if alizee can speak English better now cuz I have seen a vid from 09 when she was in Mexico and it was really hard for her to speak it but

Well to be perfectly honest, we have to wait until the album comes out and we have to hope there are some songs in English on it and we have to wait until those songs do well, and if they do well, that is the time to promote with both barrrels. A banzai charge to be sure. Until then we should try and promote, such as what I did with the video I made from the picture that was taken of the couple kissing during the rioting in Vancouver, hoping that at some point some one may notice.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:09 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well to be perfectly honest, we have to wait until the album comes out and we have to hope there are some songs in English on it and we have to wait until those songs do well, and if they do well, that is the time to promote with both barrrels. A banzai charge to be sure. Until then we should try and promote, such as what I did with the video I made from the picture that was taken of the couple kissing during the rioting in Vancouver, hoping that at some point some one may notice.
Now, this sounds like a plan!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:24 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
This isn't much at all really, but while I was in Barnes&Noble on a trip in Nashville I noticed they had little CD search kiosks around their CD section. So I looked up Alizee which I knew would be on there since I look for her CDs online all the time. But my point in doing it was to leave the search of her album MCE up to where if someone went to that search kiosk, that they would see the album and possibly listen to it since one could sample songs on the kiosk since it had, not headphones, but loud speakers And there were many people in the CD section at the time and thats why I did it originally.

And I walked to the other side of the section waiting for someone to see it for about 5mins. And someone latched on to it and to my surprise, they actually sampled JEAM on it! And I had turned the volume all the way up so if someone did play it then it could be heard by everyone in the CD section lol. And again to my surprise, after the guy turned down the volume, he sampled A Contre Courant also! I know this because I was within 5 feet of him since I wanted to see which songs he was looking at. And then the guy walked away shortly thereafter. So hopefully he searches her on youtube or something later and catches the Lilly Bug! And after that guy left I had to leave so I left the screen on MCE again with the volume all the way up

Here's a picture of the search kiosk:
Hee hee hee. Been there, done that at the same store (well, in Phoenix AZ). Unfortunatey, our Barnes & Noble nearby has closed. Gotta drive a little farther now and try it again. Have you hooked up a video of her on a big screen such as Best Buy or local cable TV station?

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:57 PM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

How about pulling up the J'en ai Marre video on the Best Buy desktops/laptops that have an internet connection.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

big screen + J'en ai Marre video + www.yourepeat.com = best advertizing ever!

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

Make a virus that makes people listen to alizée until they bow down and accept that she is amazing
Old 07-16-2011, 07:53 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
I'd just at this point like to point out that most French people (I don't intend to be rude or assuming here) dislike the English Language. Pretty much every French person I have spoken to has said that, not because they think the language is bullcrap, but mainly because it is not a very "pleasant" language.

Due to the Germanic roots of English, and despite many many influences of Romance languages (french, spanish, italian and mainly latin) it has sounds that are vastly different to those languages, and English is clearly closer to German phonetically. And this is even shown by the typical English speaker's view that French is "classy".

So not only is there a generally negative view of it, but the French most definitely try to prevent "Le Franglais". And the fact that at the minute, learning English isn't a necessity either, but many French people know some level of basic English, similar to what was shown in that 09 clip. And she probably can speak better English than that, but I doubt that she is particularly concerned about it at all.

I would expect that Alizee's biggest English market would actually be England, but you could apply the same logic via proximity to the rest of Europe and Russia too, and she has had some previous success here with Moi Lolita etc. Whereas in America she is for all intents and purposes effectively unknown... But i'm not going into an America vs Europe debate just to make that clear lol

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour