AASS: Alizee America Speaking Spanish
You went to her concerts didn't you?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
You went to her concerts didn't you?
Yep, but the sad thing is she knows more Spanish than I do. I want to learn French, but she's rocking the house in Mexico every now and then. So, now I gotta take Spanish. How am I suppose to catch up? By the time I get to learning either language, she'll be rocking out in a different country. I feel like I'm mute and deaf. She'll never know how I feel.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Anyway, I'm not sure about my schedule for this weekend yet, but I'll try to be there. You're recording it, right Ruroshen? Stickied!
Gah, that'll teach me to make posts right before bed. Yes, one thing I didn't mention is that the plan is to record this for posterity, and possibly release it as the unofficial AAm commentary track (assuming it's not a complete train wreck...which is a heck of an assumption). You guys are gonna be my Audacity guinea pigs, so we'll see how it turns out. I'll edit the original post to reflect this, so everybody knows what they're signing up for.

Thanks for the sticky, btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I guess I need the user name and password or as Ventrilo says. I'll PM.
For User Name, you can choose whatever you want. ('Roman' would probably work best! ) As far as the password goes, you don't need one--you can leave that field blank on the Server page. (Only admins have to enter a password in order to use their extra-special admin powers.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
I guess Im not joining the chat. Firstly, because I dont speak english at all, but mainly, though I think it is a great idea to watch Alizee together with friends and even discuss, En concert is still something I enjoy watching in private, I don´t want someone or something to distract me from that appreciated moment . I think it is not the same to watch it alone than with somebody, I guess because Im such a selfish that I dont wanna share it with nobody else eeheehee My best and deepest feelings to en concert and Alizee shall be kept in my mind and not being posted.
I think you should come and hang out, edgar. Your English is probably not nearly as poor as you believe it is, and the best way to get better at it is to practice!

As far as being distracted during En Concert, or not being able to properly appreciate it goes...I say look at it this way: you can sit in a room and "appreciate it" alone as often as you like, but the opportunity to share it with friends and fellow fans like this is pretty rare. Who knows? Another fan may share a comment or an insight that may cause you to see something in a different light, and give you a whole new appreciation of it. And even if that doesn't happen...it's just fun to share something you love with others who know where you're coming from! It's still appreciating it, just in a different sense.

Anyway, the more the merrier. Even if you only hang out to lurk and listen, you're more than welcome.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 01-06-2009 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: DA PLANE, BOSS!! DA PLANE!!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
As far as the password goes, you don't need one--you can leave that field blank on the Server page. (Only admins have to enter a password in order to use their extra-special admin powers.)
that would be me I think I can give people tags, but last time I tried I couldn't leave the lobby

Quote:
Anyway, the more the merrier. Even if you only hang out to lurk and listen, you're more than welcome.
unless you over fill my server, but I got enough room for 50 peeps anyway

Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I guess Im not joining the chat. Firstly, because I dont speak english at all, but mainly, though I think it is a great idea to watch Alizee together with friends and even discuss, En concert is still something I enjoy watching in private, I don´t want someone or something to distract me from that appreciated moment . I think it is not the same to watch it alone than with somebody, I guess because Im such a selfish that I dont wanna share it with nobody else eeheehee My best and deepest feelings to en concert and Alizee shall be kept in my mind and not being posted.
Well, I can certainly respect that.

As for the server:
missouri.ventriloservers.biz
port: 3784
Those are all the details I have to put in and put in a user name of Roman. I click connect and get:
Connected to server but unable to authenticate your login name and password.

I hope we're going to have time to get everyone working by this weekend. 5 to 10 people is probably best, otherwise it's a likely train wreck. Hey, record it just to capture the chaos, or will everyone just be really quiet watching Alizée? You never know until it happens!

Merci Fanny
Old 01-06-2009, 10:27 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well, I can certainly respect that.

As for the server:
missouri.ventriloservers.biz
port: 3784
Those are all the details I have to put in and put in a user name of Roman. I click connect and get:
Connected to server but unable to authenticate your login name and password.

I hope we're going to have time to get everyone working by this weekend. 5 to 10 people is probably best, otherwise it's a likely train wreck. Hey, record it just to capture the chaos, or will everyone just be really quiet watching Alizée? You never know until it happens!
ah
the port has changed to 3839

and if that don't work use the IP 206.196.113.50 in place of the name

sorry for that

Old 01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Yeah, this ain't AASS!

AASS: Alizee America Speaking Spanish
Hey si hablo ok enough, stop the AASS

Quote:

I think you should come and hang out, edgar. Your English is probably not nearly as poor as you believe it is, and the best way to get better at it is to practice!
Hey I never said it was poor, it is just, a bit limited
And yeah, thats a good point Ruro, listening to everyone's ideas and points of view is hmmm, rare and worthy. Its way better than posting your comments. So yes, I will try to be there, Though don't expect more than a " hello guys" from me

As far as being distracted during En Concert, or not being able to properly appreciate it goes...I say look at it this way: you can sit in a room and "appreciate it" alone as often as you like, but the opportunity to share it with friends and fellow fans like this is pretty rare. Who knows? Another fan may share a comment or an insight that may cause you to see something in a different light, and give you a whole new appreciation of it. And even if that doesn't happen...it's just fun to share something you love with others who know where you're coming from! It's still appreciating it, just in a different sense.

Anyway, the more the merrier. Even if you only hang out to lurk and listen, you're more than welcome. [/QUOTE]
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

It's working now, yay! And click the chat button to get text chat while you're in there.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Woo! Glad to see you got it working, Roman!

Quote:
I hope we're going to have time to get everyone working by this weekend.
I will likely be on the Vent server and have it running in the background on Wednesday evening, if folks want to try a dry run of connecting and actually having a conversation to make sure it all works. (It might help to break the ice a little in advance of Saturday, too!)

Quote:
5 to 10 people is probably best, otherwise it's a likely train wreck. Hey, record it just to capture the chaos, or will everyone just be really quiet watching Alizée? You never know until it happens!
Well, in order to make sure it's not just two hours of dead air, this is where I'm going to give you guys a little bit of homework in advance of Saturday...

Don't worry, it's nothing too difficult, and nothing we haven't already talked about already on the forums. I'd just like everybody to come armed with answers to the following questions:

1) Which is your favorite song from the concert?
2) Which is your favorite outfit?
3) Do you have one moment in particular that really "gets" you? A close-up, a smile, a choice bit of choreography?
4) Do you prefer the studio cuts or the live performances?
5) Who does Lili really like better--Phillipe (bass) or Gil (lead guitar)?

Be prepared to defend your choice! There may be a pop quiz! (Well OK, no...but you can count on some friendly debate, I'm sure.) Don't discuss it here though, please...save it for Saturday.

Bonus points to anybody who poses a burning question of their own that they'd really like answered during this thing...
Old 01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
I don't have En Concert, but I might be there anyway just to be with fans.
For anyone that doesn't possess this artifact I have an alternative solusion, give me a PM for more info.

Quote:
I was just thinking about watching Alizée perform and there's a bunch of people talking. It would be better if I had watched it enough times to memorize every thing. Never mind.
Ruro said it best, you can watch it alone as much as you like. If you haven't seen it before than I can understand why you want it to be special.

Quote:
Ves? ni siquiera entendi tu segunda linea . Ok, ya me perdi 5 minutos del partido America-Tigres, es la culpa de todos ustedes! .

Ok, maybe I will think about it, a list of who is joining the chat in the first post would be a good idea.

And stop spreading a spanish conversation Amigo!
Yo tengo un gato en mi pantalones...

I know my spanish too you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Yep, but the sad thing is she knows more Spanish than I do. I want to learn French, but she's rocking the house in Mexico every now and then. So, now I gotta take Spanish. How am I suppose to catch up? By the time I get to learning either language, she'll be rocking out in a different country. I feel like I'm mute and deaf. She'll never know how I feel.
Go learn then! Noone is stopping you, edgar can cross-check you
I'm trying to learn French myself.

Salut, j'suis TP, ça va bien
(Ok I copied that )

Quote:
Well, in order to make sure it's not just two hours of dead air, this is where I'm going to give you guys a little bit of homework in advance of Saturday...
An Alizée homework? You'r my idol
My idol or not you got a point, I think everyone should watch En Concert atleast one time beforehand and think alittle extra on what makes it so great.

I'm gonna try my hardest to think of something special that will sock your rocks off!!
(Hmm that came out a bit awkward)

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Closed Thread

Tags
chat, en concert, ventrilo