Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I love the photo! She looks great
And I can actually understand a bit of the article as well! My efforts have not been in vain. Thanks for posting it
Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

hahah just saw this thread and loved the Peruvian Dental Sign with Gourmanalizée on it hahaha
Old 03-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Merci Alizée

Default New Interviews

Two new interviews have been posted on websites.

First interview is posted on "Le Matin.ch" website.

http://www.lematin.ch/loisirs/musiqu...ulaire-252443/

The second interview has been posted on 24 hueres website.

http://www.24heures.ch/actu/culture/...tro-2010-03-19

In the first interview she says that she wants to keep all her fans with her. She also talks about her daughter, how she met with her new team, Mylene, Mexico and Les Enfoires.

The second is bit different than the usual ones. Of course the topics can't change, but the questions are asked in different manner.

I'm not posting the translation here as I my French is not so good. All I can do is to understand the things. So, waiting for someone to post good translations of both interviews especially the second one.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 03-21-2010 at 12:54 PM..
Old 03-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Neither of those links worked.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Neither of those links worked.
oops!!! can't understand this thing. Both the links work for me. This has happened earlier too when a link posted by me doesn't work.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:52 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

First interview Google Translate:

Alizée: "I hope to keep my side People"

Image © DR Image © DR

Who knew? Alizee is a star in Mexico. It is no coincidence that on this disc is a title sung in Spanish

Ten years ago, she played the lolitas. Today, she is surrounded by the cream of Parisian underground for "A Child of the Century", a new album under the sign of Andy Warhol. And is one of the trendy magazines

Karine Vouillamoz - March 20, 2010, 19h37
Le Matin Dimanche

"Excuse me, that's racing!" Launches Alizée to explain his slight delay. "I try to manage my daughter. I've never had a nanny, because I always wanted to take care of it. I juggle a bit but I'm doing, "she said, laughing. It is Alizee, 25, made famous in the world with "Moi, Lolita", a song written by Mylène Farmer measure.

Since the young woman was emancipated. She became a mother and chose the path of independence. And then she was surrounded by the cream of Parisian underground - the artists of independent label Institubes, Chateau Marmont to Rob via Tahiti Boy - a concept album about the life of Edie Sedgwick, muse-new York who lived in the shadow of Andy Warhol. "A Child of the Century" presents a new facet of Alizee, a voice sometimes childlike, sometimes with accents "farmériens" balance of pretty words on sheets of very captivating 1980s. A true success.

You're the One "Technikart" gay magazine "Tetu" would you became the new face of trendy? I do not care a bit. I just know I'm pretty mainstream, consumer, was also the aim of covering Technikart. I hope to keep my side while people around me every time people with whom I want to work.

For "A Child of the Century", how did you come into contact with Institubes?
On my previous album had a song called "Fifty-Sixty". As with all my singles, I'm remixing songs for clubs. I came across a man Institubes. His work gave me so much that I met the boss of the label. We then thought of making an album just around the conceptual theme of the Factory of Andy Warhol. It must be a mini-album 5 or 6 titles. I met people like Chateau Marmont or Tahiti Boy, who are also producers, and it went so well that the songs came and multiplied.

This album is a way to get rid of the label of Lolita?
We do not call me like that long ago. Already with psychedelic, people saw that I had grown up, that things have evolved, only 25 years, it is not the same as 15.

Why are you a star in Mexico?
I had the chance to go to Mexico to ten times since my last album was released there. I went to tour. I'm very lucky to be able m'exporter while singing in French. Moreover, on this album, there is "The Candida", a title in Spanish is a little wink to the loyal audience that loves what I do.

The public popularity of your site resembles that caused by Mylène Farmer ...
It's different, Mylène fans are fanatics. In Mexico, people love music they are fans of artists. It's different.

You've never regretted leaving the duo Boutonnat-Farmer?
Oh no, not at all, I think if I had not met them, I could not produce my albums. I learned a lot and today I am happy because I blossom more.
I like more what I do.

In the meantime, you take the Mylène Farmer on tour Enfoirés ...
Yes, I am very proud!

Participate Enfoirés is a way to stay popular?
If I make the Restos du Coeur, this is really not for my personal career, it is primarily for the good cause. We are happy to do that, it all really means, we love to return every year to a new city and forget a little that we are. At the same time, we would like not having to revisit every year, there are more people in the street.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Merci Alizée

New links

For the first one : http://bit.ly/d5ubO2

and for the second interview : http://bit.ly/bNkeqB

Hope that they work now.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Yes, that worked. Thanks!

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Two new interviews have been posted on websites.
Thanks to all, but especially this. Actual interviews are always more interesting than simply comments about her. So, it's interesting, on the second one they said the album is called « Une fille du siècle ». That pretty much translates the same, but it's not technically the name of the album, yet they gave enough time to do an interview with Alizée. I wonder how busy she is with various interviews and stuff like interview proposals that never happen. We never see the entirety of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Don't be sorry, Roman - great stuff you write there. As you said, just because it's called "Brain" doesn't mean it's brainy. But this interview is a little bit more in-depth than many previous ones. I like that they asked her about the different contributors to the album, and we get to hear her impressions of these guys.

I also like your point about people describing themselves as "artists" and then being too much up their "...hoohaas". I definitely hear you there. I call Alizée an "artist", and I've argued in these pages why I think that. But when she (or anyone) calls her/himself "an artist", like she does in this article, that's when I start to worry about the "artist's" ego. Lady Gaga never hesitates to call herself an artist at every opportunity, but me, I call her a big self-promoter. (and I also call her Lady Gag.)

I guess I'd feel more comfortable about it if Alizée called herself a performer (as Barrett had said she was), or a singer, or something more humble. It seems that it should be up to the public to decide when titles like that are bestowed. At the same time, though, I must admit that being humble only gets one so far. If Lady Gag was humble, we'd never have heard of her at all! The same could be said for Madonna, Britney, lots of people.

Ultimately, then, I'm deciding that I think it's good Lili now calls herself "Artiste". That's definitely a difference from the Alizée of her early years. But I believe it means that she feels she's changed and grown that much. She shows the self-confidence now needed to compete in that pool filled with Brit, Madonna, Lady Gag, Lily Allen, P!nk, Rihanna, Shakira, Beyoncé, Avril, Nelly, Regina, and so many more.

The only question is - is there room in that pool for her to squeeze in? If not, she may have to get even tougher, pull some hair, throw some elbows. What I mean is, she's changed, obviously, but to really succeed internationally, she may have to change even more.
Well, if one actually has a vision and molds it into creation in some medium, then I guess one can call one's self an artist. I'm not really sure if Alizée is doing that or not, but yeah, I do feel like she's being a bit more aggressive this time around. I suppose she realized that she must. Then again, it's always hard to tell what is strategic, who's idea (or demand) something is, or what. It's not like she posts in a blog saying, so and so called me today and pitched this idea, but I told him no, let's do this instead, bla bla bla. She has talked a bit about who did what and how things have happened in various interviews, but I suppose it's all about 1/100th of what has happened.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-22-2010 at 12:59 AM..