Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Little story from Spain/Morocco

Nice little story from Morocco.
I'm in Seville, Spain of vacation. I did a day tour down to Tangier in Morocco. There at first were only two other people on the bus, a couple from Hawaii, but then we picked up one more passenger, a very good looking young lady. It's over a 2 hour drive down to where you take the ferry across to Africa. We stopped at one point for a quick break where we exchanged a few words, then it was back on the road. It was a small van, I was in front, she in back.
Well we got to the ferry and passed through customs and got on board. On board we had to get in this slow moving line where they take down some info on a laptop from a form you fill out. So we had a long conversation. She is originally from Mexico. She moved to Spain to get her masters degree and when she got it, she got a job and decided to stay. She's working for a German automotive company and she's made a few trips back and forth to Germany. By the way her name is Lidia.

So the subject shifted to Mexico and I talked about places I had been. I told her when I was in the army, I wanted to drive down to Mexico some weekend, but they all said there is noting to see, just over the border and she completely agreed with that. At some point our discussion turned to Monterrey, Mexico. I told her I had been wanting to go to a concert down there one year (when Alizee toured there) and I did a lot of research on the city and it sounded like a very nice place, but in the end, I decided not to go. She asked me who I was going to see and though Alizee did have a lot of Mexican fans, I thought it's very unikely that this young lady. is likely to know about her. So I just mentioned it was a French singer. I forget the exact words of what was said next. It was something like was this recent. I said no, it was several years ago and she said "Was it Alizee?".

Well my heart skipped a beat to meet someone who actually knows about Alizee. Now she wasn't a fan, in fact, I don't think she ever heard her sing, but she said her friends were fans and for that reason, she knew of her. I had my tablet with me and I showed her the image of Alizee in the sailor suit and she recognized it immediately. I even asked if she knew how to spell it and she spelled it right. I told her much about the Alizee 'story'. I showed her videos from DALS and we talked about many other things besides Alizee that day.

It made for a great day. In addition to being a very charming, very beautiful young lady on the outside, she seemed just as beautiful on the inside. She seems to have the same je ne sais quoi, that makes Alizee so special. Maybe not a very news worthy story, but I thought I'd share it, never the less.

I hope these pictures post okay. They are high res, something like 5,400 x 3,500. If not, I'll change the res and re-upload them.

Attachment 1758

Attachment 1759

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-29-2019 at 01:05 PM..
Old 12-09-2017, 02:58 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Yes. A nice story.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:00 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

That's awesome! What a coincidence.

The second picture shows a cave or something like that. Were you at the Caves of Hercules?

Last edited by kulli; 12-09-2017 at 10:11 AM..
Old 12-09-2017, 12:53 PM

That's exactly where we were kulli!
Old 12-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Cool story, m8. She's really cute, too. I like the outdoor photo of her squinting and smiling.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:58 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That's exactly where we were kulli!
Cool. I saw a TV contribution about the caves and with the information from your post I thought it can be only this place.

Where are you going next? More photos please
Old 12-10-2017, 04:56 AM

Two days ago, I went to Gibraltar. Yesterday I went to Cordoba which used to be a place of major importance a thousand years ago, but today is most noted for a Grand Mosque that was built there when Spain was ruled by Muslims and then when the Christians reconquered the area, they built a church right in the middle of the mosque, leaving much of the original building intact.

Attachment 1762

Attachment 1763

Attachment 1764

Attachment 1765

Attachment 1766

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-29-2019 at 01:05 PM..
Old 12-10-2017, 07:49 AM

leto681 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the interesting travel diary, have fun.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I appreciate the pictures. I like history and pretty girls!