Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-17-2014, 07:34 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post

So, I repeat the question: why are some of you so hung up about commercial success?
I have an anwser.
Artists you refer too, as you said, got loyal fans, because they create from the start their own musical universe. In France it's mean that you are considered as an independant artist, and if you manage to keep this image by producing relevant and good albums during many years you can have the hope of making enough money to live.
But Alizée is not and will never be considered as one of them.
She tries with previous album and it didn't work.
She's born as a singer in the mainstream side of the music. That the image she got in France. Her future is in mainstream music . And if she fail, they will be no other way of being in music business for her.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well as always, I will be perfectly blunt and say exactly what my feelings are and I suggest if you haven't liked my views in the past, skip this post.

I said before that the first song of this album needs to be the best and if it is, there will be no concerts or tour. It's a very average song, sounding no different than anything that is out there. Reminds me a lot of when she said "never going to leave you" so many times in one of her songs. How many times will she say "blond" in this song? Is this the best they can come up with? You gotta be kidding me! Are they going to make once again the incredibly stupid mistake of leaving the two songs JJG wrote for her off this album?

It's obvious her and Sony are a combination that just won't work and by the time they figure that out, it will be way too late.
^ As Un-rêve Un-rêve is offline Alizée dreamer stated above and thank you for drawing me in .

On the tour sentence did you mean to say if it isn't the best song ?

She got lucky having a few early successful albums to do an o k size tour otherwise not a concert type of artist . Hopefully she'll go all out on tv appearances performing this song and others . As in many many performances and a few produced videos . Then it leads to some luck of look , hairstyle , fashion . It's a lot to do so easy to mess up , which they probably will focus on some new music vid/s . Sony is just what we get right now , honestly on that note I think it is more up to the artist getting out there and desire to be on various tv shows as well other not so sony controlled self promotion . It wouldn't surprise me at all if as you predict they leave the best songs off , sony again it is what it is .

Nowadays again its more up to the artists desires and efforts but I'd add equally important is vid/s and airtime . She has to have a hot video and lets face it - shake her tail in more ways than one ( do the work to get out there and perform for the public ) , or a few vids to include tv performances as videos make and break songs for a few decades now . Good song or not publicly will always be a love hate 50-50 but video/s can viral with pictures included for promotion is the age we live in . Once a video is viral it will get other airplay then be unavoidable to hear online , radio and tv even to that half who may not like it . Now the funny part about that is how can you mess up with a hottie from France on eye candy alone a video yet they do more often than not . Again I'd say that is up to her , yes they choose outfits , directors et al but I'm sure she has final say of such things as well to shake her tail again in more ways than one ( self promotion ) to make the vids and how many of them - hot - not focus on background dancers ( which they'll probably drag Gregizee in ) and other undesirable by the fans to the artist silly themes . No offense to Greg , great dancer and eye candy for the grrls but she is a female artist and the majority of guy fans whom I'd guess are the majority don't want to see her boyfriend holding her or a hat box , the beach , a giant shoe with fancy flashing lights , background dancers and so on . They want to see those dancer legs dancing with the new blonde hair bouncing around lips saying blonde over and over . . . PS I want to live in that giant shoe and always wonder where it's at . . .

At the first moment I seen the new blondie picture I knew it was her but she looked so different I wasn't absoloutely sure til a moment later reading it was her . Actually it was the beach pic and i was almost sure it was her as who she was with but then again there was a moment of hope he had found a new girl friend lol . . .

Just funny to me there to change her blonde which is somewhat unrecognizable for her to be the main focus to promote her with . It just may work or as usual luck of the draw . It worked well for Madonna and Zee seems to be Frances version more and more if such is even possible . She really should beg Madonna and perhaps Blondie to get in on some mix for this would be perfect timing . The one ad I seen looked just like an add for shampoo or some hair product , i'll just hope the music video isn't so commercial . Don't read that wrong I love the look all though I would go shorter again if i was her and new pics are class , just wanted to mention as it made me laugh .

I'm not sure what it will be too late for Scruffy but I always miss the good stuff , im late im late for a very important date !

Last edited by alizeefan; 03-17-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Old 03-17-2014, 12:45 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

my view on the single http://bit.ly/1fSqtst

Old 03-17-2014, 02:01 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
2. Fans for who is the succes the only quality indicator. No success = the project is mistake (some people here can guess who I mean)

err, let me think about that for a moment ??? no, I have no idea who you mean

Oh well, I suppose I am lucky because if a recording I like isn't a big commercial success I wont be unhappy about that. I do wonder sometimes how many English people have even heard of Alizee? I haven't met anyone here yet who has and I have to admit I quite like that. It's almost like having her all to myself.

As for making money, I don't think many artists make very much these days from actually selling music. Most of what they earn is either from concerts or merchandise and sponsorship etc off the back of the music. She seems to do ok for money so I guess all the little bits and pieces add up. I'm sure she gets a lot of her expensive clothes for free in return for promoting the brands. That goes on all the time, especially since the advent of social media. Plus she will have earned a fair bit from DALS and associated sponsorship.

I am willing to bet that even if this new album isn't a commercial success, she will still produce another album in the future. She will probably do more dance related stuff - and that's a good thing - but she will still be singing long after she has to give up the dancing.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:13 PM

if we see what we see... and if its true what we see... ITS 100% A WIG

Old 03-17-2014, 04:24 PM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

I think it will be clear tomorrow, i don't believe that they won't ask her for wig/hair issue in one of the radio interviews
Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
Nowadays again its more up to the artists desires and efforts but I'd add equally important is vid/s and airtime . She has to have a hot video and lets face it - shake her tail in more ways than one ( do the work to get out there and perform for the public ) , or a few vids to include tv performances as videos make and break songs for a few decades now . Good song or not publicly will always be a love hate 50-50 but video/s can viral with pictures included for promotion is the age we live in . Once a video is viral it will get other airplay then be unavoidable to hear online , radio and tv even to that half who may not like it .
Yes I was also thinking what she needs is for radio stations to play her new single so that the public who voted for her on DALS will know she has released something new and fresh.

A. Project posted some lyrics:

Blonde

Le monde est aux blondes décolorées

J'annonce la couleur, même si ça vous défrise
On a toutes un cœur et (même) de la matière grise
Vénitiennes ou platines
Il faut bien faire avec ses racines,
Oh oh oh Fais tes comptes
Il y a combien de brunes sous les blondes ?

Le monde est aux blondes
Le monde est aux blondes
Le monde est aux blondes
Méfies-toi des blondes décolorées

J’veux pas vendre la mèche, ni viser personne
Si c’est poupée Barbie, l’image qu’on donne, oups
Sans cervelle et volages,
Et condamnées au balayage,
Oh oh oh Fais tes comptes
Il y a combien de brunes sous les blondes ?

Une Bardot ? Blonde
Une Deneuve ? Blonde
Un Bowie ? Blonde
Madonna ? Blonde
Maryline ? Blonde [I'm sure they meant Marilyn]
Alizée ? Blonde… Décolorée!

courtesy of Jenny over at AF.

@ Karin

yeah and well we know the blonde look is only temporary for the promotion.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 03-17-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
@ Karin

yeah and well we know the blonde look is only temporary for the promotion.
I know that we know... But we don't know if its 100% a wig or her real colored hair

Old 03-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
I know that we know... But we don't know if its 100% a wig or her real colored hair
oh yes of course.. but now we do.. thanks to you.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 03-17-2014, 07:42 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

it's on iTunes already

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/bl...le/id838926939

I love it! A kind of feel good song, something to either dance to or to sing really loudly in your car. Or both