Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-30-2014, 04:52 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Btw... they are making a promo for Blonde with Facebook and Youtube ads. Maybe nothing extra, but better than nothing

Old 03-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

I was waiting in line at the store today and there was a French couple (In there late 20's) in front of me. They were speaking French and I could tell they were on vacation. I asked them if they were from France and they said yes, from Marseille. I asked if they ever heard of Alizee and she said "YES, She won Danse avec les stars". I say yes, your right do you know of her music, she said "Yes, the new song Blonde". I almost fell over... She said Alizee is in the news a lot with her "Boyfriend" the dancer she said. That's how I know. I think this was the first person I have ever met in the US from France who knew of Alizee and on top of that too, she knew the latest song.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
Btw... they are making a promo for Blonde with Facebook and Youtube ads. Maybe nothing extra, but better than nothing
Well it can't hurt. The song needs a boost. If they do it right, it could be a big help.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:16 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
...I asked if they ever heard of Alizee and she said "YES, She won Danse avec les stars". I say yes, your right do you know of her music, she said "Yes, the new song Blonde". ..... She said Alizee is in the news a lot with her "Boyfriend" the dancer she said. ...ng.
Alizée - Incarnation number 3.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
I was waiting in line at the store today and there was a French couple (In there late 20's) in front of me. They were speaking French and I could tell they were on vacation. I asked them if they were from France and they said yes, from Marseille. I asked if they ever heard of Alizee and she said "YES, She won Danse avec les stars". I say yes, your right do you know of her music, she said "Yes, the new song Blonde". I almost fell over... She said Alizee is in the news a lot with her "Boyfriend" the dancer she said. That's how I know. I think this was the first person I have ever met in the US from France who knew of Alizee and on top of that too, she knew the latest song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
That's cool, I haven't seen the ads yet. I remember how awesome it was to see the facebook ones for UEDS in 2010 though
Old 04-01-2014, 06:43 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

I totally disliked "Blonde" but at lengh I came to the conclusion it doesn't contain many flaws to complain about. Yeah, it obviously don't compare to "Les collines", or "Je veux bien", or to be honest 95% of songs she recoreded before. It is just too obvious but again, let it be. I realized it's not even her worst song - "I'm Not Twenty" or "Youpidoo" have much poorer lyrics than the newest single.
The Round belong

Old 04-01-2014, 11:37 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

HQ photo without "tags"

Old 04-01-2014, 02:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
..................................... I realized it's not even her worst song - "I'm Not Twenty" or "Youpidoo" have much poorer lyrics than the newest single.
Lyric wise, those were poor songs, but one thing they did have was the great music of LB. I often wonder which was the bigger loss for Alizée; LB or MF?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
HQ photo without "tags"
Thanks Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Lyric wise, those were poor songs, but one thing they did have was the great music of LB. I often wonder which was the bigger loss for Alizée; LB or MF?
In my opinion, it would be LB. But I'm biased. I say LB because I, and indeed most of us, don't immediately understand the lyrics in her songs because we don't speak French, so the lyrics don't make as big an impact unless one takes the time to translate them and try to understand the meaning(s). While LB's contribution can be appreciated by all.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lyric wise, those were poor songs, but one thing they did have was the great music of LB.
Right, I thought it was rather clear I was talking about their lyrics - I'm not the one to question the music itself.
Quote:
I often wonder which was the bigger loss for Alizée; LB or MF?
I do not find it a loss; her last three albums are as great as her previous ones. What she's lost is the lolita image, "catchiness" and organisation. Not the quality of her art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
In my opinion, it would be LB. But I'm biased. I say LB because I, and indeed most of us, don't immediately understand the lyrics in her songs because we don't speak French, so the lyrics don't make as big an impact unless one takes the time to translate them and try to understand the meaning(s). While LB's contribution can be appreciated by all.
Ditto. Why, actually I do care about lyrics insanely much and over-analyse them (not gonna give it up, though), but it is quite cool if someone just likes the way her voice and music sound and enjoys listening to them, without any deeper thoughts.

It must be harder to ignore her English lyrics, though.
The Round belong