Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-18-2008, 05:28 PM

whitey® is on a distinguished road

hopefully she will write something on her myspace about the situation.

The second angel poured his bowl into the sea,and it became like the blood of a dead man.
-APOCALYPSE
Old 12-19-2008, 05:24 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

I just sent a message to Pascal asking him if this was true, and this is what I got:

Tout est vrai.
Bonnes Fêtes à vous

Then, I hope he isn´t making a joke to all of us! It should be true if it is coming from Pascal, but I think there are missing more proves
Old 12-19-2008, 09:53 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

^^ Meh, I'll wait for the smoke to clear but hope for the best anyway. :/

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It could be that when Alizée changed labels, it was decided that the Psychédélices campaign was over, even though there was talk of a renewed promotional effort. If this is the case, then her long silence would just be a natural result of being “between albums”, and would be quite understandable. I think a lot of fans were under the impression that they weren’t done with Psychédélices yet, which led to impatience and concern over this silence. It’s not unreasonable to think that she may have been working on a new album this whole time, rather than putting more money into an album that they decided may have already run its course.

Either way, good communication helps to eliminate misunderstandings and false expectations and I wish they would think about that more. I just hope Alizée is happy with the current relationship she has with her record label, and that her wants and needs are being reasonably served. I would like to have her back again, but I also want it to be a good experience for her, too.

Unless they cancel or postpone the March concert, one would assume she’s got to be coming back with something in the next few months. But I’ve learned that it’s better not to have any expectations. That way, if anything good does happen, it will be a pleasant surprise...
Old 12-20-2008, 05:27 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It could be that when Alizée changed labels, it was decided that the Psychédélices campaign was over, even though there was talk of a renewed promotional effort. If this is the case, then her long silence would just be a natural result of being “between albums”, and would be quite understandable. I think a lot of fans were under the impression that they weren’t done with Psychédélices yet, which led to impatience and concern over this silence. It’s not unreasonable to think that she may have been working on a new album this whole time, rather than putting more money into an album that they decided may have already run its course.

Either way, good communication helps to eliminate misunderstandings and false expectations and I wish they would think about that more. I just hope Alizée is happy with the current relationship she has with her record label, and that her wants and needs are being reasonably served. I would like to have her back again, but I also want it to be a good experience for her, too.

Unless they cancel or postpone the March concert, one would assume she’s got to be coming back with something in the next few months. But I’ve learned that it’s better not to have any expectations. That way, if anything good does happen, it will be a pleasant surprise...
Well yeah, that's the thing. The "ending" of work with that album, that era just ended abruptly and strangely leaving everyone to wonder what's going on. You know what? She did did that with MCE too (or so it seems - I wasn't around). Maybe it's the nature of the thing, but indeed if one could feel a sense of continuity and clarity it would all be much better. It's not even SO much what has happened but also that we're like, hey what happened. It's like there's a party that gets broken up by the police and everyone wanders off in their own direction.

I guess the upside to that is that maybe it reflects little on Alizée herself in the sense that we can't judge what kind of work she's doing. Yeah, we'll believe it when we see it, but one does get the impression that she is working on new stuff unperturbed by our confusion. That's our Lili. We lock ourselves in a kennel and howl for food and when the right time comes around, she throws us a bone. There's a reason for my avatar title. Well, in any case we have some time tables on some things and so we'll be able to see what happens by then.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-20-2008, 11:09 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I just hope Alizée is happy with the current relationship she has with her record label, and that her wants and needs are being reasonably served. I would like to have her back again, but I also want it to be a good experience for her, too.
That's very kind of you.

Psychédélices wasn't received as well as hoped. The core fans liked it which is a good thing. My guess is it's time for new tunes and time to close some loose ends.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

She now has the letter she wrote a few weeks ago, addressing the fans, posted on her page

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!