Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 PM

Capn is on a distinguished road

well the flag is meant to represent the country and everything the country stands for as far as its policies and general population you cannot let an issue where someone else says it stands for something else blind you from that purpose of the flag and I am a patriot and love my country and everything it stands for. Now people may criticize America because of a couple of mistakes it has made but lets look at all of these other countries that are criticizing us they have 100% made more mistakes and have done 10 times worse than what America has done in its short time as a country. This conversation as far as I am concerned is over you may continue to argue your point but this is where I stand so I won't bother adding any more commentary. (I just threw in the mistakes thing in because a lot of people like to hold the Iraq war over my head like I care)

Old 10-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn View Post
you cannot let an issue where someone else says it stands for something else blind you from that purpose of the flag
So, if someone defecates your flag, you should ignore them? That is what I was saying, if they believe your flag represents one thing, you are likely to believe it means another. So, you should accept their opinion and if they are sad/stupid/pathetic enough to believe their opinion's ae more important their your, let them. If you, then, verbally attack them, aren't you as bad as them?

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:28 PM

Capn is on a distinguished road

I said I wasn't going to reply but let me clarify I meant if they verbally attack what my flag stands for its different than physically attacking and destroying the flag. To explain it let me switch it up to another scenario. Someone is walking down the street and all of a sudden starts screaming at you and calling you names. I can deal with this and ignore them however if they physically attack me I am going to hit them back.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

[steps onto soapbox]

I know this topic lends itself so easily to going in this direction, but lets try to steer this topic away from the political arena. Failing that, the Mod Squad will have to go into action. Not that we are trying to repress people's views, only that this site is not a forum for political debate... I'm sure there are other places in the vastness of the internet for that. This is a place for us to enjoy Alizée and each other as a community of her fans. Thank you for your cooperation.

[steps off of soapbox]

Last edited by CFHollister; 10-04-2007 at 06:34 PM..
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

maybe i got a little out of hand. im going to close this thread to cool myself and other people off.
Closed Thread