Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-10-2011, 11:50 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Alizée didn't show any of that special flirting towards the guy she was singing Jen ai marre with on La Academia.
Maybe she was just too tired.
Maybe she was uncomfortable with the atmosphere.
Maybe she didn't like him...

There are so many reasons it could be. I think we are just over-analyzing this.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:56 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Aw nice to see she's still adored in Mexico (if a little too much *cough* pervy host *cough* )

To be honest, the Les Collines performance did very little for me, but then moody electropop was never going to go down brilliantly in a live setting. Bad song choice I think, time for her to stop flogging UEDS (c'mon it was a year and a half ago) and make the most of the songs everyone knows her for...

...which is exactly what she did in the duet! SO much love for the JEAM performance, even if some enamoured imposter keeps interrupting her but yeah she is sounding and might I add, LOOKING fabulous! Her outfit in the JEAM performance is particularly gorgeous. I hope she keeps this look for the next album. Anyway, I'm really encouraged by this run of promotion in Mexico, proves she's not given up on making it in the tough world of music.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 PM

Kronos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
time for her to stop flogging UEDS (c'mon it was a year and a half ago)
It's not like this was her first UEDS performance on live television ever?

Quote:
and make the most of the songs everyone knows her for...
So she shouldn't sing songs from her latest album because it was over a year and a half ago, but instead sing songs that are over 8 years old?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:12 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Thanks god we have just one singer who dont get anoressic style..she looks GREAT!
A "classic" song and a "new" one can be a logic choice for this show...I like very much "tha collines"----sad for the person who is disturbing her on Jeam..but, ok..that the show, she can't decide everything about I presume..
Old 10-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Aldighieri and Kronos have very good points: choose a classic and new song, and it fits even though one is over 8 years old.

Sorry for the oversized awesomeness:
Old 10-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
It's not like this was her first UEDS performance on live television ever?
Yes, but while it's great to see her perform a UEDS song live, I just don't think it was a good choice to perform a song from the album that sold the least, now that UEDS is no longer a 'new' album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
So she shouldn't sing songs from her latest album because it was over a year and a half ago, but instead sing songs that are over 8 years old?

Yes but they're the songs that were most popular! Play to her strengths, that's what I'm trying to say... came across a bit jumbled, s'all.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:19 PM

Did you guys see everyone (the posse...I mean, the obsessed Lilly fans) in the crowd jumping up and down to Les Collines as if it was a rave song? It was pretty cool to see that they like it just as much as JEAM. The crowd was very lively which is a good thing, as opposed to her recent performances in France...
Old 10-10-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Aldighieri and Kronos have very good points: choose a classic and new song, and it fits even though one is over 8 years old.
Yeah I see where you guys are coming from, we're lucky enough as it is that she was on TV in the first place! I'm still not sure whether the UEDS electropop is suitable for a live performance at a flashy TV show, but I'll let it drop and just be happy for what we've got!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

what you have still against UEDS? I think that Les Collines saved all, after totally ruined JEAM by that guy. After yesterdays Les Collines I had much better feeling... maybe UEDS is not the biggest hit, but its more and more special - thanks this performance.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah I see where you guys are coming from, we're lucky enough as it is that she was on TV in the first place! I'm still not sure whether the UEDS electropop is suitable for a live performance at a flashy TV show, but I'll let it drop and just be happy for what we've got!
The more I watch it, I think that they cranked the bass on UEDS which gave it a more Pop feel since it had a constant loud bass. Overall, Les Collines turned out very well and the WHOLE crowd loved it, not just the obsessed Lilly corner haha. I was very pleased with how well the crowd reacted to it.

They could have pulled a "France" and just sat around as if the most beautiful woman on earth wasn't singing right in front of them. It could have been much worse...

Tags
alizee, la academia, rumor