Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-28-2022, 10:53 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think Alizée-Nederland may have posted it first, but he usually posts just the link so it's not always obvious what he's posting but thanks to both you guys for bringing this to the forum's attention.

I've been thinking about this over for the past week. I'll probably buy these I'm sure but to tell you the truth, I'm not the least bit excited about this. I think it's because we seldom get to see her on a personal level anymore and I feel myself drifting away. Sure there's a sprinkling of magazine articles every now and then and by the way, thank you to Alizée-Nederland and others for bringing those to our attention, but there's not really much substance to them as far as her fan base is concerned.

There are many beautiful pictures of her family. We wish her family all happiness and good health and we love that she shares pictures of them, but that is not the main reason for us being here. We are here to see her.

Now we've accepted the fact that we'll seldom if ever, get to see her perform again, but it pains to see she never addresses her fans on a personal level. We only get to see and hear her when she's selling something.

Me and others spend hours looking for pictures we've missed or some stills from a video that might appeal to current fans and draw in new fans and that's getting harder and harder to do and quite frankly it's getting old. It seems the only time we get to see her on video is when she's selling something.
Well said.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:28 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think Alizée-Nederland may have posted it first, but he usually posts just the link so it's not always obvious what he's posting but thanks to both you guys for bringing this to the forum's attention.

I've been thinking about this over for the past week. I'll probably buy these I'm sure but to tell you the truth, I'm not the least bit excited about this. I think it's because we seldom get to see her on a personal level anymore and I feel myself drifting away. Sure there's a sprinkling of magazine articles every now and then and by the way, thank you to Alizée-Nederland and others for bringing those to our attention, but there's not really much substance to them as far as her fan base is concerned.

There are many beautiful pictures of her family. We wish her family all happiness and good health and we love that she shares pictures of them, but that is not the main reason for us being here. We are here to see her.

Now we've accepted the fact that we'll seldom if ever, get to see her perform again, but it pains to see she never addresses her fans on a personal level. We only get to see and hear her when she's selling something.

Me and others spend hours looking for pictures we've missed or some stills from a video that might appeal to current fans and draw in new fans and that's getting harder and harder to do and quite frankly it's getting old. It seems the only time we get to see her on video is when she's selling something.

What I miss are the tv interviews where we get to see her beauty, hear her voice, watch her mannerisms which are so special to watch. I guess with her being out of the limelight, the tv interviews are gone, but why can't she just pick up her phone and talk for a minute to her fans. Whether she talks about Maggy growing up or Annily going off to school or the dance studio or Corsica, it doesn't matter, as long as the message is to her fans. That is something that will make it easier for us to promote her here in the forum and on our FB pages.

This is what I'd love to see her do once in a while. It doesn't have to be live. It doesn't have to be about her career, but it's something where she should be talking directly to her fans.
We should probably just start to see her for what she is: a normal person living her ''ordinary'' life. Obviously she will always be someone exceptional but she in the first place doesn't give importance to her past singing career. I mean, she didn't even post anything about these remastered, just an instagram story that lasts 24h. We know she isn't the kind of celebrity that cares much about promotion, so it's normal to a certain extent, but still...

I'd say that we should look at this forum as a place to talk about and share what we like as a community and not as a promotional tool to keep her relevant. Trying to do that would only be frustrating if she doesn't care about being a singer (which is totally fine and legit).
The employment of an image manager was very promising but I'm guessing it was directed to taking advantage of her image of ''instagram influencer'' rather than of singer.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 07-28-2022 at 02:31 PM..
Old 07-28-2022, 03:21 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is what I'd love to see her do once in a while. It doesn't have to be live. It doesn't have to be about her career, but it's something where she should be talking directly to her fans.

I loved when Alizee used to do things like this. It feels like she is talking to you directly.

But we don't have to go back this far to see more of the little things she did to let us know she was thinking of her fans. She used to post those video clips on Instagram where she would quickly scroll through all the comments she gets until it stops on a random comment and zoom in on the name and comment. It's not the same as a video of her talking to the fans but it was something.

But the last few years there has been a noticeable drought of communication outside of the occasional family picture or the attempt to sell something. On one hand I would like to (and have been) giving her a break. The pandemic has been tough on everybody one way or another and she is probably not an exception. I don't know where she gets her advice, but mine would have been to not hide out for a couple of years and then all of a sudden offer vinyl records for sale. It just doesn't look good.

Sometimes I think Alizee does not realize just how many fans she has that simply adore her, and there is a significant number of those that would be her fans for life. I don't think we ask for much, except for maybe another album
Old 07-28-2022, 06:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well a new album is unlikely but how much time would it take for her to pick up her phone, hit the record button and say a little something to her fans once in a while? I think that's the least she should do if she wants to keep selling the products she's endorsing.
Old 07-29-2022, 11:27 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I'd say that we should look at this forum as a place to talk about and share what we like as a community and not as a promotional tool to keep her relevant. Trying to do that would only be frustrating if she doesn't care about being a singer (which is totally fine and legit).
The employment of an image manager was very promising but I'm guessing it was directed to taking advantage of her image of ''instagram influencer'' rather than of singer.
Maybe becoming an influencer is the way she has gone. I hear there can be very good money in that. However, she still lists herself as a singer on her IG profile.

No matter what Alizee does with her life from here on out, singing or not, her fame came from singing. If she wants to leave that behind and live a new chapter in her life free from the obligations of being a celebrity of something she stopped doing long ago, then she should cut the cord.

I've said a long time ago that if she chooses not to make another album and devote her future to the dance school, I'll be OK with that. But it's like she is sitting on the fence.

Much of what makes Alizee so attractive is her personality. What fan of hers doesn't love listening to her talk? If she wants to keep influencing, she needs to engage her followers, especially the new ones.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:59 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
If she wants to leave that behind and live a new chapter in her life free from the obligations of being a celebrity of something she stopped doing long ago, then she should cut the cord.

I've said a long time ago that if she chooses not to make another album and devote her future to the dance school, I'll be OK with that. But it's like she is sitting on the fence.
I don't think it really makes a difference to her. Actually leaving the door open gives her more random opportunities like the appearances she had done here and there (like the one for the chinese TV). It doesn't seem there is really any obligations for her for now.

Quote:
Much of what makes Alizee so attractive is her personality. What fan of hers doesn't love listening to her talk? If she wants to keep influencing, she needs to engage her followers, especially the new ones.
Sometimes I get the impression that she's kinda unaware of certain promotion ''rules''. Not that I know something about that, but she often just does... nothing. This is kinda cute to be fair. She just does her lili stuff without caring about anything.

But, again, I don't think it is something that makes a difference. She has her life and she likes it, instagram is just a way to share some bits of it and sometimes it happens to earn something from that.
Who knows, maybe she's hiding something for the future (not necessarily immadiate), but I don't know if she's ''on the fence''... does she actually think about this matter?
Old 07-29-2022, 07:59 PM

I don't think she's on the fence either. Being on the fence implies she's undecided about which way to go and she's not undecided at all. She's quite happy with the way her life is going. I still think there's a remote possibility that someone else might talk her into doing another album, but that's certainly something that is not on the table right now.

One thing that is evident is she likes these endorsements for the easy money they bring in. It may not be a whole lot of money, but I'll bet it's nothing to sneeze at. If she does like those endorsements, do something that would make it easier for those who try to promote her. Talk to her fans once in a while. It would be an incredibly easy thing for her to do.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:28 PM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

It might sound kind of rude, specially so for people in here who've been following her for more than a decade, but I doubt she owes her fans anything at all. I mean, it's been 20 YEARS from her biggest hits and her latest albums have been a failure, showing that many of her past fans (people punching close to 40 by now) have moved on. Yes, you might think it's also kind of rude that all you see on her social media are things she's trying to promote, but really nobody forces anybody to follow her and she might even think it's not necessary to keep in "contact" with her fans (again, busy people with family and jobs who're close to 40); I, personally, couldn't care less.

On the point that many individuals from this website are trying to promote her so she can sort of return (?) to singing; that's just a pipedream, really, because nobody here has the budget or connections to do something of the sort. Of course, I know her older hits keep getting thousands of views daily, but those performances were from 20 years ago, while her more recent performances are mostly ignored.

When I first came here, I thought of this website as a place to discuss someone who really mesmerized me by how beautiful her smile was, not a place to promote someone, because that's just impossible.

Last edited by Noppo555; 07-29-2022 at 09:42 PM..
Old 07-29-2022, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppo555 View Post
It might sound kind of rude, specially so for people in here who've been following her for more than a decade, but I doubt she owes her fans anything at all. I mean, it's been 20 YEARS from her biggest hits and her latest albums have been a failure, showing that many of her past fans (people punching close to 40 by now) have moved on. Yes, you might think it's also kind of rude that all you see on her social media are things she's trying to promote, but really nobody forces anybody to follow her and she might even think it's not necessary to keep in "contact" with her fans (again, busy people with family and jobs who're close to 40), but I personally, couldn't care less.

On the point that many individuals from this website are trying to promote her so she can sort of return (?) to singing; that's just a pipedream, really, because nobody here has the budget or connections to do something of the sort. Of course, I know her older hits keep getting thousands of views daily, but those performances were from 20 years ago, while her more recent performances are mostly ignored.

When I first came here, I thought of this website as a place to discuss someone who really mesmerized me by how beautiful her smile was, not a place to promote someone, because that's just impossible.
Certainly nobody here has the money or the connections to make something happen, but MF does and that may be very unlikely, but it's not that really an impossibility.

She keeps trying to sell products, from food delivery to cosmetics to vinyls. She could just think she's done enough in the past and doesn't owe a thing to anyone she's looking to buy her products, but people would have a lot more respect for a star who goes the extra mile to treat her fans like they are something except just another customer.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:04 PM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but people would have a lot more respect for a star who goes the extra mile to treat her fans like they are something except just another customer.
I remember reading older posts where someone was bashing her because all she seemed to like were simple things like shoes and dogs, so he (or she) was really mad because she was a simple person in that sense. I think that's just how she is; she seems really simple, just wants to live her life privately without drawing too much attention and doesn't really think too far ahead.

That's the context in which I say that maybe she doesn't know or care that she could build a bigger or more loyal fanbase by keeping in touch with them by uploading videos and stuff. We don't know what goes through her mind, so like I said, maybe she doesn't think it's necessary at all.

Also, it's kind of easy to ignore, but she was raised in a different culture than in the west, so there's cultural differences, ways of thinking and seeing things. I don't know about your experiences, but my country is relatively small and even so, there's huge cultural gaps from state to state.

Last edited by Noppo555; 07-30-2022 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: adding dumb stuff. Redaction.