Old 12-16-2010, 09:51 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

ultimate derp moment.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
She's linked the video and a stream of the song on her Facebook fan page.

Nice song. I wonder if this means she's moving away from the pure electronica format, comparing this to the Christmas song from last year. It would be a good move if so.
I say again that I don't think she was ever moving toward it. It's just something that came up and she went with it. I am sure that if Tahiti Boy had written this in a very techno electronica style and asked her to sing on it, she would not have refused.

I do agree that anything that brings out her voice in a way that she can comfortably sing has got to be good because she has a very sweet lovely voice. It has a certain girly quality that is just cute rather than annoying. I have always liked the simple mellowness of her voice. At the same time, she can be plenty expressive if she really tries and without being overwrought. Dang. I was recently listening to some of the I'm Fed Up remixes and even there, she was very expressive singing in a very sexy way and it was great, but she still didn't veer into the annoying "affected" sound that certain singers do (which gets old quickly). She has a certain natural quality, which whether it is or not, it seems to be.

When she's good, it's really great just to hear that voice that makes you fall in love with her instantly. And then one imagines the loving light that it would bring to the world, if only more would be so affected by it. She has that adorable quality. She has a grounded angelic quality (and no that's not an oxymoron. It's the rare Alizée quality that when it hits you, you know what I mean.)

Oops. It was already transcribed and I wasn't right anyway.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 12-17-2010 at 12:18 AM..
Old 12-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
The song is amazing! Alizee sounds amazing! Alizee looks amazing! Alizee looks amazing at the 4 times she is seen in the video(not including when they reverse the video to show her another 4 times)! Alizee's outfits looked amazing! Alizee was/is/always will be amazing! Alizee's French Accent singing in English was amazing! Ok now I can breathe
In memory of Fevier: JA JA JA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Agree agree! Last year's seemed a bit slow and melancholy to be a Christmas song.... this one's just so fun and bouncy I know what I'm gonna be blasting at my Christmas Eve party this year
Yes! She has a MUCH bigger part in the song/video this year, and it's a much more upbeat song... love it! (Although Annily made last years epic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
I saw her and i was shocked, she looks great!
That's like being shocked the sky is blue.... but I know what you are saying. I don't know if it's the hair, the clothes or what... but she is looking better than she has in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
this song. is. legit. i like it. it's good she's getting involved in something. yeah. that's my two cents. sup bros?
She is in pretty tight with the whole Paris music scene. It's a small talented group, so she fits right in... being small and talented herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
For the record, I love her voice when she sings softly liker here... it has such a breathy, sensual quality to it - remaining girly and innocent but also seductive at the same time.
Exactly, she has a beautiful voice... but the reason it is low isn't because she is loosing her voice, (I mean, WTF people?) it's because it was mixed that way.. this isn't a live performance... Tahiti boy wanted that part of the song quieter, and from the looks of it, he was consulting with Alizee on stuff. We all know Alizee may be shy, but not when it comes to getting things done the way she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I say again that I don't think she was ever moving toward it. It's just something that came up and she went with it. I am sure that if Tahiti Boy had written this in a very techno electronica style and asked her to sing on it, she would not have refused.

I do agree that anything that brings out her voice in a way that she can comfortably sing has got to be good because she has a very sweet lovely voice. It has a certain girly quality that is just cute rather than annoying. I have always liked the simple mellowness of her voice. At the same time, she can be plenty expressive if she really tries and without being overwrought. Dang. I was recently listening to some of the I'm Fed Up remixes and even there, she was very expressive singing in a very sexy way and it was great, but she still didn't veer into the annoying "affected" sound that certain singers do (which gets old quickly). She has a certain natural quality, which whether it is or not, it seems to be.

When she's good, it's really great just to hear that voice that makes you fall in love with her instantly. And then one imagines the loving light that it would bring to the world, if only more would be so affected by it. She has that adorable quality. She has a grounded angelic quality (and no that's not an oxymoron. It's the rare Alizée quality that when it hits you, you know what I mean.)
And BAM! Roman invasion! Nice to get a visit from a true superfan and legend. I think "Grounded Angel" is a perfect description for Lilly's voice. It also happens to be the only way to explain her existence on this planet.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post

Oh, I love this one. Stunning. And who was getting excited over Lilly in leather in the other thread? They must be going nutty over these.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 12-17-2010 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-17-2010, 01:08 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I really like her hair, such a sweet voice. It also seems like she is getting better @ speaking English, but still has that cute accent. Much better song than last year. I would also like to see Alizee pursue this similar style of upbeat music with horns and the whole nine yards. A real band with real instruments.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:19 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

as bean put it: it's liek, gourm and pysch put together. and i love me some dark brown hair. you don't see me complaining dawg. yeeeeee. the song rips btw.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I would also like to see Alizee pursue this similar style of upbeat music with a real band with real instruments.
That would be nice now wouldn't it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
as bean put it: it's liek, gourm and pysch put together. and i love me some dark brown hair. you don't see me complaining dawg. yeeeeee. the song rips btw.
RIP Bean and yeah he'd say that
Old 12-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Some of the lines of my lyrics are hilariously questionable, If you guys wanna like tell me whats wrong ill edit it
Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

he's going to come back aaron :P i talked to him last night. and i agree, they are pretty funny. but then, so are the english tracks on her own albums :P
Old 12-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A. Community on Facebook

Hier la chanson "Such a great time" est passée sur la radio " Le Mouv" ( vers 21h00)
http://lemouv.com/emission/laura-leishman-project
Quote:
A. Community on Facebook

Yesterday the song "Such a great time" went on the radio "The Movement" (at 21:00)
http://lemouv.com/emission/laura-leishman-project
Yay!!! Alizee was on the radio for all to hear
Old 12-18-2010, 05:59 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Wow! Thanks for the pics and links you guys. And many thanks to Lili for sharing Xmas with us!