Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-05-2014, 01:58 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Well that makes sense. You need to put out something before a tour. If they really concern on the tour, I hope they will promote it more... and not only 1 video on youtube... Really hope the budget (400.000€) is for the tour promotion.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think a lot of her new DALS fans took a great interest in this album and I think that is reflected by the good number of views for the Blonde video, over 1.5 million to date. There were also a good number of registered dislikes and I'm sure there were many more viewers who weren't impressed with what they saw, but did not "express" their disappointment with a vote.

We all know by now the French public are a tough sell. So now these new fans are probably wondering what will they be seeing during this tour; will it be the DALS Alizee or the Blonde Alizee? If they think they will be getting the Blonde Alizee during this tour, they will not buy into this tour.

If they are hoping for the DALS Alizee to show up, they will be wondering exactly what they will be getting. So much of the DALS story line is gone; the intense competition between popular stars; the comradery of the group as a whole; Madonna's boy toy; the close bond formed between Alizee and Tal; the inside stories that were revealed to us; the question fo whether Alizee and Greg were an item. That's all gone now. What will they use to entertain a public that is not easily entertained? If it's the album and Alizee is calling the shots, look for most of these shows to be cancelled; not because the album isn't that good, but because of the way it will be presented to them.

But I'm encouraged by what Jacotey had posted in the Blonde tour thread,

"Alizée will be surrounded by 5 dancers on the BLONDE TOUR, in a setting inspired by a famous musical film, whose title is still kept secret... On the 18 songs that she will perform 13 choreographed. The public, they can afford for a few euros, a blonde wig. "

As far as the 5 dancers, that's totally meaningless to me. When she's packaged right, she's the only one I care to look at on that stage.

But the 13 choreographed songs along with the setting inspired by a famous musical film sounds like a great scenario. It sounds like it will be in the form of a musical play and I think that would be perfect for Alizee. One of the main reasons is because they will have to have someone outside of Alizee and Sony choreograph this show and if you take her out of the process, your chances for success increase dramatically.

Look at Les Enfoires, despite her best efforts, year after year, they put her into some great looking outfits, so with this show, I'm anticipating that who ever is choreographing it will choose outfits that will bring out the beauty that is still remaining.

So I anticipate this will be a great show, but I think they will have to sell it to the French public first in order for them to sell enough tickets and they will have to start doing it soon because I'm of the opinion that tickets are not selling well at this point and these theaters will want tickets to start selling now. What will they do to start selling this show? I think it's far too early for them to have snippets of the what they have in mind yet or is it? They will have to come up with something.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-05-2014 at 05:16 AM..
Old 07-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Who said tickets are not selling well? Yes, it is weird dream to think she will fill big arenas, but according to her popularity, I think it is going good. In some places more, in some less.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:27 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

At this point I believe we have zero information on whether the tickets are selling well or not. It could be sold out or there could only be a handful sold so far. I am speculating that they are not selling well for two reasons. First is they needed for this album to be successful to want people to see a concert and it apparently isn't doing well.

The second is they are depending on her new found fans, fans won through her great showing on DALS to want to see her dancing on this tour and I don't think these people will buy a ticket just because she did well back in December. I believe they will want to see first hand what they will be seeing in these shows or at least have a much better idea of what's going to happen other than that very short description that we have so far.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:07 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
believe it or not in 2001/2002 when I first discovered her here in the UK I thought I was the only one here who was actually buying her Gourmandises album lol. Anyway there was something very special about that time as I felt I was doing something good for her and didn't really care too much if anyone else was buying her album cuz I kinda wanted her all for myself as she was my rare gem and my angel from Corsé.
I believe it because I was thinking exactly the same thing

Oh well, that makes a grand total of four fans from the UK that I'm aware of now. Still a fairly exclusive club I'd say
Old 07-05-2014, 09:15 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Believe it or not, corporations don't pay much attention to dislikes on videos. I listen to a lot of conference calls for video game companies and they always cite the massive amounts of Youtube views they get, but they don't ever mention the like/dislike ratio.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
At this point I believe we have zero information on whether the tickets are selling well or not.
On site where are the tickets selled, we can see each date how it is with the places. As I said - somewhere more, somewhere less.

But personally for me... after 2 flops and and other things, it goes surprisingly good.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:42 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
...The second is they are depending on her new found fans, fans won through her great showing on DALS to want to see her dancing on this tour and I don't think these people will buy a ticket just because she did well back in December. I believe they will want to see first hand what they will be seeing in these shows or at least have a much better idea of what's going to happen other than that very short description that we have so far.
Exactly. her new-found fans will likely want something similar to DALS. A show featuring Alizée, but not much else, may not be enough to bring them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Believe it or not, corporations don't pay much attention to dislikes on videos. I listen to a lot of conference calls for video game companies and they always cite the massive amounts of Youtube views they get, but they don't ever mention the like/dislike ratio.
Any press is good press...
Old 07-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Her older fans who are 40 and over, may make her uneasy because she doesn't understand the fascination they have with her, are the same ones that are physically ordering and buying her Cd's.
Hahaha.. tell that to Gérard Depardieu.

Seriously though it's true that 11 years ago when she was just 19 years old she couldn't understand why people of all ages turned up at her concerts, but that's because she was expecting a younger audience, nonetheless we know now if we didn't then that she appreciates all her fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I believe it because I was thinking exactly the same thing

Oh well, that makes a grand total of four fans from the UK that I'm aware of now. Still a fairly exclusive club I'd say
Hehe I guess so.. btw I always liked the beach at Sandown and the last time I was there many years ago it was noted as the cleanest beach in the UK and there were Jet Ski's for hire at 20 pounds for 20 minutes.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-07-2014, 02:04 PM

Morten_DK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Hahaha.. tell that to Gérard Depardieu.

Seriously though it's true that 11 years ago when she was just 19 years old she couldn't understand why people of all ages turned up at her concerts, but that's because she was expecting a younger audience, nonetheless we know now if we didn't then that she appreciates all her
Has she said that ,I find it weird if she dance alot with her older bandmembers in that concert and do not like her older fans.

The CD sales I think major problem is spotify that kills alot of cd sales but I love the cd now I can see the text of the songs.
Back in time why do a song like A contre courant only hit 22 place on france chart ,I love that song