Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre le français

Old 12-12-2006, 11:21 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKrupa View Post
Interesting read. By the way, QFT - Doesn't that mean Quit ****en Talking?
i always say it as "quite fucking true", but thats just me
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Why learn french? Well let's don't complicate things, let's keep this very simple shall we?

French sounds cool, period.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:13 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Why learn German?

So you can say "I love you" to people while they think you are pissed at them!!!

(no offence intended, it's just a joke
Old 12-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Why learn German?

So you can say "I love you" to people while they think you are pissed at them!!!

(no offence intended, it's just a joke
I've taken a year of German, during my first year at university. German is a fun language. I really wish I had the time to learn in it much better. But alas, I'd taken several years of Spanish in high school so whenever I'd try to learn the German my brain would go into "foreign language mode" and there would be all this Spanish there getting in the way. German has a reputation for being a gutteral language with all of its glotal fricatives (like a "ch" in "Bach"), but if you adopt a more "southern" pronunciation a lot of those harse fricatives become softer "sh" sounds and the language becomes a lot prettier. Still, I'm starting to get the impression the French might be easier for me to learn since I am a bit more comfortable Spanish (I actually had to use it in my work for several summers) and they are still both romance languages, depite the major differences in pronunciation.

But yeah, don't discount German. It's a lot of fun too.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Tonight, as I was playing wow, everyone in the trade channel started posting in Spanish, then some German. Of course I had to bring in the French, lol. People were getting mad saying "talk American" (hicks--as if "American" is a language, lol). Everyone just kept posting in whatever extra language they knew. Then, some idiots were saying French was gay. I really didn't say anything back because alot of other people jumped in telling them to shut up and that French was hot, lol!

Edit: I don't know how "on topic this is, but the thread reminded me of tonight because people were talking about learning languages.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:27 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I've taken a year of German, during my first year at university. German is a fun language. I really wish I had the time to learn in it much better. But alas, I'd taken several years of Spanish in high school so whenever I'd try to learn the German my brain would go into "foreign language mode" and there would be all this Spanish there getting in the way. German has a reputation for being a gutteral language with all of its glotal fricatives (like a "ch" in "Bach"), but if you adopt a more "southern" pronunciation a lot of those harse fricatives become softer "sh" sounds and the language becomes a lot prettier. Still, I'm starting to get the impression the French might be easier for me to learn since I am a bit more comfortable Spanish (I actually had to use it in my work for several summers) and they are still both romance languages, depite the major differences in pronunciation.

But yeah, don't discount German. It's a lot of fun too.
I actually want to learn some German, I'm just know that if I start now, the french and german are going to get all mixed up and I'll be lost..

That or an oriental language... Just for the challenge
Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

wtf then it should be easier for me
i been learning english for 8 years.

besides that im mexican
should i learn french?