Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-04-2019, 06:36 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Technical. Different people have different physiques. Take height, for example. Many famous actresses are tall while Alizée is (relatively) short. Here's a small list for comparison:

Geena Davis 1.83 m
Sigourney Weaver 1.82 m
Uma Thurman 1.80 m
Nicole Kidman 1.80 m
Charlize Theron 1.77 m
Alizée 1.61 m
I assume you've seen the deepfake of Jim Carrey in the Shining. Jack Nicholson, 5 feet 10; Jim Carrey, 6 feet 2. Its hardly noticeable.

(You have a point about height, it would be best not to use actresses who are more than 4 inches taller.)

I think you are worried too much about the body--- when we watch a movie, we pay more attention to the actor's faces than to their bodies. The body doesn't have to be exactly the same, it just has to be reasonably close.

Edit:

Quote:
Do you really wanna see Alizée in scenes she doesn't played?
If it looks completely real, yes.

Edit:

Quote:
Even if you overcome the technical difficulties described above, these scenes will look unnatural, and I think we all like Alizée mainly because of her naturalness.
You mention Alizee's "naturalness"--- but we've never seen Alizee as a dramatic actress, so how do we know exactly what Alizee would be like? Alizee would be playing a character, rather than playing herself--- "naturalness", as such, is not relevent. All that matters is 1) the deepfake looks real and 2) the movie is entertaining.

Edit:

Quote:
Maybe it would be better to pay more attention to the actresses played the original roles? Some of them are very talented and even charming, albeit not as beautiful as Alizée.
Turning them into Alizee will leverage their talent and charm.

Edit:

Quote:
At least, they are alive at that movies and not programmed 'robots'.
If it looks real, what difference does it make?

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-04-2019 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-04-2019, 12:11 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
You mention Alizee's "naturalness"--- but we've never seen Alizee as a dramatic actress, so how do we know exactly what Alizee would be like? Alizee would be playing a character, rather than playing herself--- "naturalness", as such, is not relevent. All that matters is 1) the deepfake looks real and 2) the movie is entertaining.
Every actor/actress contributes a part of his/her own individuality when he/she plays a role. That's why a remake often drastically differs from the original even if the plot remains similar. For example, I can't watch Total Recall with Colin Farrell because I find his personality and acting expressionless when compared to that of Arnold Schwarzenegger. So if you manage to attach Alizée's face to the body of Linda Hamilton, for example, it will still be Linda Hamilton, though strange-looking.

What are you going to do with the voice, after all? Leave it from the original movies or try to simulate Alizée's speech and put it instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
If it looks real, what difference does it make?
I think the first ever cloned human will be Alizée. And the first sex robot model will be named "Alizée 2003".
Old 10-04-2019, 06:54 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Every actor/actress contributes a part of his/her own individuality when he/she plays a role. That's why a remake often drastically differs from the original even if the plot remains similar. For example, I can't watch Total Recall with Colin Farrell because I find his personality and acting expressionless when compared to that of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I saw the Total Recall remake--- I wasn't impressed. To me, the problem wasn't Colin Farrell-- the problem was the script and the way the movie was made.

I think there are two types of sci-fi--- "fun" sci-fi and "serious" sci-fi. The first Total Recall was "fun" sci-fi. The remake was "serious" sci-fi--- normally, I like "serious" sci-fi, but in the case of the Colin Farrell Total Recall I don't think it was done right.

Edit:

Quote:
So if you manage to attach Alizée's face to the body of Linda Hamilton, for example, it will still be Linda Hamilton, though strange-looking.
It would be interesting to create some high-quality Alizee deepfakes, and see how Alizee fans react to them. It is very possible that you are right--- that Alizee fans wouldn't completely accept them--- but at the same time, I think Alizee fans would enjoy them.

Edit:

Quote:
I think the first ever cloned human will be Alizée. And the first sex robot model will be named "Alizée 2003".
Given the degree of male fascination with Alizee, I would not be surprised if eventually someone tries to clone her; I'm not joking about that. (I have no plans to clone her, however.)

Edit:

Quote:
What are you going to do with the voice, after all? Leave it from the original movies or try to simulate Alizée's speech and put it instead?
I would keep the original voice. It would be interesting to see how people react to it. (For that matter, I would be curious to know how I would react to it.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-04-2019 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-30-2020, 05:43 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Hermione - The Harry Potter series.

I don't know if the movies would have been better because Emma Watson didn't simply play the role, she IS Hermione, but it would have been fun to see Alizée playing the character: Hermione's nature is very cute and to see Alizée telling others what to do and how to solve problems would have been great.
In the fourth movie there is even a scene where Hermione shows her surprising beauty and dance skills.

Also, she's a Gryffindor.

She likes chocolate frogs.

And... Wait, is that the most powerful wand ever created!? O.o
Old 11-30-2020, 07:01 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Hermione - The Harry Potter series.

...but it would have been fun to see Alizée playing the character: Hermione's nature is very cute and to see Alizée telling others what to do and how to solve problems would have been great.
In the fourth movie there is even a scene where Hermione shows her surprising beauty and dance skills.
I'm yet to actually see the films but describing it like that it sounds like it would be a great role for her
Old 11-30-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
I'm yet to actually see the films but describing it like that it sounds like it would be a great role for her
This is from the first movie and it's one of the most iconic scene of the series. It is a nice example of what I said.
If you don't want to watch anything of the movies before watching the whole series, then don't worry, you are free to avoid the video obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRoi...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Aragorn97; 11-30-2020 at 07:51 AM..
Old 12-01-2020, 07:43 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
This is from the first movie and it's one of the most iconic scene of the series. It is a nice example of what I said.
If you don't want to watch anything of the movies before watching the whole series, then don't worry, you are free to avoid the video obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRoi...ature=youtu.be
Well I know that scene and had a feeling it would be that one before clicking the link

I can definitely see Alizee playing a role like that!
Old 12-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

On the Corse Matin online news site, which I try to visit once a week or so, I ran across this article. Jenifer is one of my favorite female French singers and she continues to do well singing. She and Alizee at one point were very close friends but they had a falling out over Jenifer releasing an album. I believe the album was Paradis Secret.

Anyway, the role she will be playing is a major role in the series. She managed to add to her career a perfect complement to her singing. I wish that Alizee would have tried to do the same. She has done some acting and she did good I thought. I would prefer the real thing to a deep fake.

Jenifer tipped for a starring role in the French version of the series "This is us"

A French version of the American series "This is us" (broadcast on Canal) is being prepared. And, in the cast, we might find Jenifer there. The singer and actress was reportedly contacted by the production to play the role of Rebecca Pearson, according to a report from TV 7 Days. Indeed, in the original version, the role of the mother is played by Mandy Moore, who is also a singer, as is the character.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:26 PM

Alizée is still young and in time for this stuff, I guess.
Actually, if she likes the idea, it should be easier for her to follow the acting career since there isn't a tour of the country (or continent) unlike for a singer's one. If it is a TV show, it may take a long time, but it should be easier to plan everything, since you know how much you have to work those days. The problem is that she would have to go to Paris, so she should organize everything about her family, the Studio...
Someone should make a tv show set in Corsica.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
On the Corse Matin online news site, which I try to visit once a week or so, I ran across this article. Jenifer is one of my favorite female French singers and she continues to do well singing. She and Alizee at one point were very close friends but they had a falling out over Jenifer releasing an album. I believe the album was Paradis Secret.

Anyway, the role she will be playing is a major role in the series. She managed to add to her career a perfect complement to her singing. I wish that Alizee would have tried to do the same. She has done some acting and she did good I thought. I would prefer the real thing to a deep fake.

Jenifer tipped for a starring role in the French version of the series "This is us"

A French version of the American series "This is us" (broadcast on Canal) is being prepared. And, in the cast, we might find Jenifer there. The singer and actress was reportedly contacted by the production to play the role of Rebecca Pearson, according to a report from TV 7 Days. Indeed, in the original version, the role of the mother is played by Mandy Moore, who is also a singer, as is the character.
Isn't Alex Rien from France? Maybe he could shed a little more light on what happened.