Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

With so many thousands of songs out there, many are bound to sound alike. That's common sense. These songs do resemble each other a bit, but not nearly as much as others i've heard.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

the beats are the same.....what kind of idiotic buffoon would sue over a resemblance of beat? On second thought, never mind.....theres alot of people in the world who would sue over that, and if any of you ever meet the person that wrote that report, please help me call him/her a duma*$
Old 09-23-2008, 11:46 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
the beats are the same.....what kind of idiotic buffoon would sue over a resemblance of beat?
I don't think its simply the supposed resemblance between the songs that is causing so many people to jump the gun and fling accusations of plagiarism at Coldplay. Rather, I think it is the fact that Coldplay has built up a reputation of being plagiarists through numerous blatant quotes by bandmembers as well as other accusations from other bands. Whether or not this is true, with this stigma, it seems as though even if the slightest resemblance exists between one of their songs and another bands work, the word "plagiarism" is immediately thrown about by journalists and music fans.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
I don't think its simply the supposed resemblance between the songs that is causing so many people to jump the gun and fling accusations of plagiarism at Coldplay. Rather, I think it is the fact that Coldplay has built up a reputation of being plagiarists through numerous blatant quotes by bandmembers as well as other accusations from other bands. Whether or not this is true, with this stigma, it seems as though even if the slightest resemblance exists between one of their songs and another bands work, the word "plagiarism" is immediately thrown about by journalists and music fans.
I think you're right, Mav. Everybody is going crazy about this because Coldplay is notorious for plagiarizing, even if they never did. The press has accused them so many times it just sticks, and as you said, the media LOVES to bring it back out whenever their new songs sound the littlest bit like another song. This probably brings ratings for all the media :P

And as said before, it gets Alizée's name out in the headlines and news, so she gets some free publicity
Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default More !!

Well, I didn't see that LCI.fr article until I came to this thread, but check it out, more:
(from nidalizee.com)

This is just hilarious. LOL
And what about poor Laurent? Even in this thread people saying stuff about Mylène even, but no one talking about the guy who actually composed the music, which came before the lyrics if they were following what Alizée once said was the formula - Laurent wrote music and then Mylène came up with lyrics to go with it. Though they all worked together to define and create the songs, sure.
It's just funny because it's so ridiculous. But yeah, whatever gets her name out there. She's the performer. Her name is on the cover.

I knew there was a good reason I liked their song.

Merci Fanny
Old 09-26-2008, 08:09 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Whats happening?
Is coldplay trying to imitate JEAM?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:09 PM

ike is on a distinguished road
Default n_n

this isn't the first time?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:48 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Who knows where Coldplay got it's sound. I doubt they actually intentionally copied JEAM. That seems ridiculous, but it certainly has the sound and the catchy beginning; so, maybe they did! At a certain point one must recognize that there are just so many sounds one can use and they are bound to show up in more than one place, yet, there are others who have claimed they "plagerized" music. It's probably all nothing, but believe what you want.

Merci Fanny
Old 09-27-2008, 12:15 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

That is way too close to be an accident. I can see where the beat might be the same or even a riff or two. But in this case it is almost with in a note or two of being just a bad cover band. What, did they think people wouldn't remember a song written five years ago? They are either total idiots to keep doing this or they're doing it for publicity. I think the latter.

Translation of article.

The two pieces, mixed together, are here

Alizée plagiarized by Coldplay? Surprising as it may seem, is what many fans of the young singer, relaying information on their blogs and other webzines on the internet. At Viva la Vida, one of its last planetary tubes out this year, the British group would in fact largely inspired I'm tired, a song of the former muse of Mylène Farmer output in 2003.

And indeed, if we listen attentively to the offending piece, it is clear that resembles the title of Alizée. Apart from a few different arrangements and words that have obviously nothing to do, the same agreements and almost the same pace. Possible explanations for this disturbing similarity: the melody of Viva La Vida and I was so tired "banal" it necessarily looks to many existing tracks. So voluntary plagiarism or coincidence?

Denial of the English quartet

Anyway, this is not the first time the group Coldplay, and in particular singer Chris Martin, are dealing with plagiaires. Beginning in 2008, Andrew Hoepfner, leader of creaky Boards, obscure group had accused New York, including internet, Chris Martin for his largely inspired by their song The Song I Did not Write (translate the song I did not written ...).
This title has been played by the group during a concert in New York in October 2007 in which the singer of Coldplay attended.

At that first indictment, the British quartet has already responded. In a denial issued in June 2008 by the English music magazine NME (New Musical Express), he said, evidence that Chris Martin has never attended the concert in question as it was in recording session in a studio in London.

Remains "the case Alizée." And to silence the rumor circulating on the web globalized, there is no doubt that Coldplay will have a good explanation. It is expected therefore denied the next, final and without appeal.

Last edited by ALS; 09-27-2008 at 12:36 AM..
Old 09-27-2008, 12:18 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
That is way too close to be an accident. I can see where the beat might be the same or even a riff or two. But in this case it is almost with in a note or two of being just a bad cover band. What, did they think people wouldn't remember a hit song written five years ago? They are either total idiots to keep doing this or they're doing it for publicity. I think the latter.
or they thought it would go good with their song witch it does there is no reason to be upset about it