Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

View Poll Results: Chateau Marmont will tour the US & Canada March 2011. Alizée America should...
do all in its power to make the tour a success 4 21.05%
urge its members to attend the shows 3 15.79%
advertise the shows to its members 3 15.79%
do nothing as a group 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to jump on the "agree with Ben" bandwagon too. I was also at one time enthusiastic about promoting Alizée in America, but at some point I realized the ball was now in her court. Our letter was delivered to her and we know she got it. She knows where we stand and that we offered whatever help we could provide. It is really up to her to make the next move, if she chooses to do so.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Simple. Just carry a banner at the concert saying " You forgot someone" with A's silhouette on it.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Damn. 19+ to go.
There go my chances for that. Ugh, 2 for 2 on not being able to go

Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
Ugh, 2 for 2 on not being able to go
Well you're not missing out on much when its not an Alizee concert lol. Man why am I being so negative about this? I feel like I'm joining the dark side or something...

But really, things could be worse. It could have been Alizee's only US concert and you not being able to go...so don't worry, the world won't end
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I agree with Ben here as far as promotional efforts and I've been probably the most hard core case of promoting her. We need some help from Alizée. We can't do it on our own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I'm going to jump on the "agree with Ben" bandwagon too. I was also at one time enthusiastic about promoting Alizée in America, but at some point I realized the ball was now in her court. Our letter was delivered to her and we know she got it. She knows where we stand and that we offered whatever help we could provide. It is really up to her to make the next move, if she chooses to do so.
Yes, I've introduced people to her music when I'm playing it, but that's as far as I go. The only thing I've ever heard her say is that she *doesn't* want to be popular in the United States. (Doesn't want to "swim with the sharks" I think her words were) Sure, she said that a long time ago, at the height of her success in France, but until I hear her say otherwise, I'm not going to go on any grand promotional effort.
As for Mexico being handed to her on a silver platter... Mexico was handed to the 2000-2004 Alizée. That's what was dangled before the Mexican's eyes... La Isla Bonita's midriff-bearing seductress and the JEAM sexbomb, both doing Flamenco hands like she was born Spanish. That was the Alizée they were expecting, and she didn't want to be that girl anymore. She could have shown up in a JEAM outfit and two Mariachis and owned that joint. Not saying she should have, but she could have.
I personally think the idea of being away from her family shot that bird down.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Well you're not missing out on much when its not an Alizee concert lol. Man why am I being so negative about this? I feel like I'm joining the dark side or something...

But really, things could be worse. It could have been Alizee's only US concert and you not being able to go...so don't worry, the world won't end
I'd like to go to their Montreal concert and just ask them to sign my UEDS CD.... but that's mostly because Montreal is a fun, fun town. Makes Vegas look like a nunnery, IMHO.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 02-14-2011 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile To happier days

Thanks for all the thoughtful remarks you guys have offered. So far, the voting is very split, with three comparable blocks - acquiesce, advertise and mobilize.

I'm very grateful to that gentleman who leads us, Ben, who tells us he will attend the New York City show. I look forward to hearing his report. I wonder if one is allowed to demurely shoot video there. Perhaps Chateau Marmont might appreciate receiving a bit of footage which they can exclusively edit and then publish to their advantage.

For the sake of readers new to Alizée, I provide the material immediately below for background.

When asked about them (Chateau Marmont?) last year in the March 10, 2010 issue of BRAIN MAGAZINE (ALIZÉE – Une Fille Dans Le Vent (A Girl In The Wind)), she said
They all four have different personalities. They complement each other. And they are super good melodists. After all is said and done, they may be known to most as musicians and producers of music but in melodies, they are really strong, in fact it is they who made my first single. I believe they have a great career ahead. I think people will ask them for a lot of titles and not just from the industry side, but also the popular side. I hope so, because they deserve it.
The single mentioned was (the teaser for) Limelight from Une enfant du siècle, Alizée's fourth studio album.

As also noted by Alizée South Africa,, a year ago tomorrow Chateau Marmont had the pleasure of tweeting that Alizée was then briefly the number ONE search term on Yahoo France.

Of course the bad news is that Wikipedia reports that the estimated total sales for UEdS has only been about 20,000 units. Lyrics from Limelight itself recount how hard the struggle for success can be -
I don't know where I'm going.
Looking for the limelight - bright

In passing I will observe that when the play version of the fable Peter Pan is staged, it has been traditional to depict the character Tinkerbell (Alizée's self-described mascot) with a spotlight, which stage effect was first created (generations ago) using a limelight. Limelight was also the name of Alizée's short-lived virtual radio station hosted by Goom in 2010.

It would seem that poor Alizée's good-luck fairy Tinkerbell has been kidnapped, bound and gagged, and locked into a closet - perhaps by an evil twin named Stinkerbell!

I wish Chateau Marmont a successful tour and hope their sometimes-partner Alizée sees happier days soon as well. As encouragement to Alizée, I will remind her of the career of the famous late American actress Katherine Hepburn, whom I once comically took pains NOT to meet, as related in a story at AAm here.

After a number of films, Hepburn had become so unpopular that she was called "box-office poison" and everyone thought her showbiz career was over. But she persevered and came back stronger than ever, ending her long and distinguished career as the most celebrated American film actress of the entire 20th century.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-15-2011 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: mend typo
Old 02-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Merci Alizée

Something that we can (or should) do :

1. Introduction of the official AAm newsletter system

We have mass e-mailing system and I feel that it has been used very less. This might be a good time to start with it. Since many of the members tend to be inactive after a year or so, it can be useful if we notify everyone with important things. This may include - notification about all Alizée related events, releases or something which we decide as a group.

Newsletter need not to be periodic, rather just a more often used feature.

Content of newsletter can be an attractive (but simple) poster like message with only relevant details.

An AAm newsletter may contain a link to specific thread for more details. For this a separate report section could be created.

Users of AAm can volunteer for the newsletter whenever they feel it's necessary. I mean if you think that something should be notified to all members, just create a message and PM it to any forum leaders. If found suitable then it would be sent to all members.

<hr>
For CM's shows, we can use create a newsletter telling everyone about the shows. The message may also ask users to inform us if they are attending the shows.

There can be many ways of informing us. Easiest maybe to just create a form in google docs and link it in the message. Whoever is planning to attend the show can fill it in few seconds.

After that all the people who will be attending the shows can meet together and do something as a group.

I guess there won't be many people in this group, but even a small group of 10 people can be good.

This method can be used to set a trend for AAm.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 02-15-2011 at 05:52 AM..
Old 02-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Supernatural appearance of Alizée at CM tour feared

A supernatural appearance of Alizée at the Chateau Marmont tour is feared. Details available here.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Something that we can (or should) do :

1. Introduction of the official AAm newsletter system

We have mass e-mailing system and I feel that it has been used very less. This might be a good time to start with it. Since many of the members tend to be inactive after a year or so, it can be useful if we notify everyone with important things. This may include - notification about all Alizée related events, releases or something which we decide as a group.

Newsletter need not to be periodic, rather just a more often used feature.

Content of newsletter can be an attractive (but simple) poster like message with only relevant details.

An AAm newsletter may contain a link to specific thread for more details. For this a separate report section could be created.

Users of AAm can volunteer for the newsletter whenever they feel it's necessary. I mean if you think that something should be notified to all members, just create a message and PM it to any forum leaders. If found suitable then it would be sent to all members.
I volunteer to make the newsletter! Pick me!!! Pick me!!! Over here!!! lol
Old 02-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I still don't see the point to this after reading it twice. Supporting another Institubes group doesn't support Alizee. And Alizee's relationship with Institubes is dwindling anyway.

If Alizee wants to come to the US then she will. She shouldn't be worried about flopping in the US because all those Youtube Junkies that watch her videos would support her and she'd most likely make headlines just like she did back in 2000 in France.

So yeah, I don't see this as a good opportunity to support Alizee.
I highly agree with you aaron. I really don't get it either if she wants to come to the great US she will and make headlines!

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494

Tags
canada, chateau, marrmont, tour, usa